We’ve been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. We wanted to have a go-to resource for some of the most common technical issues you can experience in Blizzard games. Each of the following posts goes over a different type of technical problem and links to troubleshooting resources. If you continue to have problems after using our technical support articles, check the last post for how to receive more help.
Before Troubleshooting the problem, we suggest checking our Known Issues sticky thread. We try to keep this as up to date as possible with known conflicts, so you may save yourself some time with this!
- Why am I only having problems with Blizzard games?
- I have a high-speed connection and my speed test looks fine, so why is my latency so high?
- Why do you suggest that I update or remove software when they were working with the game previously?
- Why can I stream or download from other sites without issues but have problems in Blizzard games?
- Why do I need to swap to Ethernet when my WiFi works for other things?
- Why is my entire internet crashing when I disconnect from Blizzard games?
- Why is my “World” latency high even though my “Home” latency is normal?
You can browse our Known Technical Support Issues sticky for other common contact causes.
What do do if you need more help
What to do if you need more help
Technical issues can be very frustrating to try to diagnose on your own. Fortunately we have both a helpful community and support staff who can help locate the problem with you. If you prefer to troubleshoot with the community/blue posters and see if anybody else is having similar issues, start a thread with this information:
For all technical issues:
- Windows users only - create a text copy of your DxDiag using these instructions. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here
- A list of any troubleshooting you’ve performed already.
- A description of what you’re doing when the problems happen, any error messages received, and what it ‘looks like’ to you when it happens.
Connection, Installation, or Voice Chat problems include this as well:
- Some WinMTR tests to the server group you’re playing on. If you can’t log into the game, just run the test for 5 minutes while having login issues. Otherwise, run these tests while the problem is actively happening. If you catch a disconnection or latency issue with the test, it will make it easier for us to find the problem.
Note that not all threads may receive a reply from support staff. If you need immediate one on one help from a Game Master, you can submit a ticket, live chat, or callback request. When submitting the ticket, make sure to include all of the above information as well as a copy of an MSInfo or SPX file (Mac Only) for the quickest help. Please do not attach full MSInfo or SPX files to your forum posts.