WoW Killing My Internet

Every since the latest patch today, WoW kills my internet within 2-10 minutes of play.

I can surf the internet, watch/stream videos, download and play other games. As soon as try to play WoW for a few minutes, it kills my internet.

2 Likes

what do you mean by kills ?

I am having the same issue. ONLY WoW. It would lag me out, and sometimes “catch me up” and my MS shoots to several hundred or thousand.

Other times, I just get green latency and everything remains unresponsive. I have waited 3 minutes and then I force close WoW.

It has only been this patch. I am not sure how or where to even begin. Killer in PvP, but it mostly happens out in the world, and I haven’t even been to the Emerald Dream zone.

How do I trouble shoot this? my Internet is fine when I test it on speedtest, and I can stream movies and YouTube just fine, but not with WoW.

Where do I begin?

My internet dies and I have to restart my computer in order for it to work again.

There was an update I downloaded, I think it was 500 mb. Anyways the same thing happened while I was downloading that patch but it’s been fine since. So maybe the patch did something.

Does it afect anything else connected to the internet? or just your computer?

2 Likes

I’m fairly certain it’s only my computer. Maybe it’s the network card that was having issues. It seems to be better after I downloaded that update. Maybe it was just a coincidence.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.