Classic Era doesn't load

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, both using shared files and in its own directory.

I have updated and restarted the computer with the latest graphics drivers.

I launch the game for Classic Era and it never loads, just hangs.

I launch the Classic Wrath client and it loads just fine.

What’s going on any ideas?

We can’t troubleshoot without system files.

It doesn’t work with Radeon right now. You have to run Radeon cards with direct x 11

Not true.

Running dx12 on a 6950xt just fine, with a ryzen 9 5900x, so it’s an all amd stem.

1 Like

Check the forums, most are struggling

There are several reports in the forums.
Are they all the people using amd and dx12, or a particular subset? Odds are good it is subset.

Not insignificant, but also not “Dx12 doesnt work on amd in 10.2.”

More seem to be the 7000 series - so that difference may be important to have investigated.

1 Like

Ryzen 7 3700, I can’t load classic era and have never been able to load hardcore.

I actually had this problem with my retail client as well when the WW prepurchase went live. The fix for that was super simple, deleting cache folder. Nothing I’ve tried has worked for classic era or hardcore.

Edit: right after I posted this, I had classic era idling on a black screen. Tab’d back in after 10 minutes to a cinemtaic.

It appears to be an authentication issue. I finally got to the login screen of classic era and it’s asking me for an authenticator, even though I migrated all that ages ago. And it’s not sending my mobile a notification either.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.