Game is running terribly on a good computer

SYSTEM SPECS

NVIDIA 3060
Intel i7
Resolution 3840x2160
Internet speed ~1000 upload, ~1000 download

Why can’t I run this game at over 30fps no matter the settings? Why does it take minutes to load? Why, when it loads, are there missing assets and invisible walls everywhere that last for about 10 more minutes?

Why can I not use my garrison hearthstone without the game crashing literally every single time? Why can’t I teleport to Dalaran without waiting 10 minutes for the world to load in?

Why does it take 10-15 minutes for the game to launch from battlenet? There are times when I press the play button over and over and nothing happens until 15 minutes later when several instances of WoW open at once.

I can’t even open a ticket. It takes a minute for the window to pop up and after i finally navigate through it the “contact support” button does nothing.

For comparison, I’m currently running Resident Evil 4 on max setting with no problems, and SWTOR on max settings and its exceeding 60fps. Why is WoW the exception here?

1 Like

Addons?

I know some of mine have HUGE memory usage and some of what you are describing sounds similar.

Edit:

This MAY have something to do with it as well. My recommended setting is 1920 x 1080 and I run a 3060 as well.

Even without addons it doesn’t change anything. I appreciate the resolution advice, but I shouldn’t have to lower my resolution to play World of Warcraft.

1 Like

If you’re not willing to try it, you’ll never know if it’s a contributing factor.

You also didn’t mention how much memory your GPU or your system has, both which might be part of the issue.

Just tried. My FPS tanked and everything is blurry.
How do I check how much memory my GPU has? thanks.

Edit: according to DXDiag, my memory is 16384MB RAM

Pretty sure they only come in 8GB or 12GB versions.

You should probably just post this. I’ve never been good at reading them, but I’m willing to bet the answer is in there and someone reading this will be able to spot the problem.

Can I upload files to this forum? Or is there another way to share my DXDiag?

Follow these instructions:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/200581

And post them like this:

I already did that, friend, unless I’m confused. I uploaded that info through a support ticket online. You were asking me to show the file in this forum, right?

Follow my second link for info on how to post it. I had to grab another link, you responded before I could.

Got it. Well, for the record, I have 16gigs of RAM. I’ll see if I can post the full file.
Edit:

System Information

[Redacted. Problem solved!]

Your monitor is running at 30 hz so if you have any form of vsync or adaptive sync on that’s why you’re getting 30 frames as a max.

2 Likes

I’m nevertheless surprised he’s able to get RE4 running at 4K/60FPS on a 3060.

1 Like

what power plan you are running? Power Saver – Balanced (recommended} or High Permance . to see go to – Control panel – all Control Panel Items – Power Options – high performance is better performance and FPS in the game

Hey! Thanks for the info! Will this affect how other games run? As i said all my other games are running smooth. I Don’t wanna mess anything up on my computer if I can help it.

EDIT: Turning off V-sync fixed the framerate! it’s now over a hundred! Thanks to the person who suggested it!

Now to figure out the issue with the long loading screens and missing assets.

2 Likes

It won’t matter if your screen is still running in 30hz mode, since that’s the highest rate it can display. Look into changing your refresh rate to something more appropriate like 60hz and up:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-your-display-refresh-rate-in-windows-c8ea729e-0678-015c-c415-f806f04aae5a#WindowsVersion=Windows_10

this may help … [Should You Use the Balanced, Power Saver, or High Performance Power Plan on Windows? https: //www . howtogeek com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-performance-power-plan-on-windows/)

Hey everyone! You guys helped me figure this out and I want to say THANKS!

Customer service helped a lot as well. Here’s what the issue was:

1. V-sync needs to be disabled. It took my FPS from 30 to 120 immediately
  2. WOW NEEDS TO BE IN YOUR SSD! I did not realize how important this was. I had it on my external hard drive for some reason (??) and it was tanking my loading screens and causing all sorts of weird load-in bugs.

As of right now, the game is still downloading as it plays, so performance is a bit spotty, but I can already tell it’s improved exponentially. Hopefully once it’s done downloading everything will be perfect!

Thanks again guys!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.