BNet crashing/High MS/Game unplayable

I’ve had unplayable world latency since 8.3 hit and my BNet has been disconnecting constantly since the last reset/raid implementation. I’ve simply been trying to play through it thinking Blizzard would figure out their issues but here I am. I’ve done the whole strip addons off and add back one by one, watching my internet connection for dips and so far there have been none, watched memory/CPU load while doing dungeons and raids and there’s no strain there. I’m the GM of my guild and I NEED to be 100% right now with the raid tier starting and I’m having to sit because of 5k+ms and game crashes every 30 seconds. HELP

Hi Kain

Looks rough. Let’s take a look at a couple of things. First a DXDiag system report:

The second section of page has DXDiag report instructions - we don’t require the MSinfo report.

That will be a wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the Forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com. Provide the link code portion of the URL - example below.

(The green bold portion at the end of this example link: https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P** <=== this code)

Next a WinMTR test:

The instructions are on this Blizzard Support page:

Once you have the tool open enter the IP number for the server group you play on in the WinMTR box then hit start.

24.105.62.129 (Central - Chicago)

(only the numbers - include periods)

Leave it run for 5 minutes or so. Doesn’t matter if you are playing or not. Then use the button that copies Text to your clipboard. Paste that on your thread here.

*You may need to alter or remove any URL addresses to paste on forum. You could also place the test results in a code block:

Open chat box - paste test then right click - “select all”. Should highlight everything. Then press the preformatted text button along top of chat box. Looks like this </>.

Here’s my dxdiag: iW7vgLcG

|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

| WinMTR statistics |

| Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |

|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|

| 10.0.0.1 - 0 | 617 | 617 | 0 | 0 | 7 | 0 |

| homeportal - 0 | 617 | 617 | 0 | 0 | 8 | 0 |

| 10.111.202.244 - 0 | 617 | 617 | 1 | 1 | 12 | 2 |

| 172.20.18.70 - 34 | 265 | 176 | 26 | 33 | 93 | 36 |

| 172.20.0.194 - 0 | 617 | 617 | 27 | 36 | 186 | 36 |

| No response from host - 100 | 124 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| No response from host - 100 | 124 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 |

| mobile-107-77-162-116.mobile.att. net - 1 | 614 | 613 | 28 | 36 | 182 | 29 |

| 12.249.2.9 - 0 | 617 | 617 | 31 | 42 | 115 | 37 |

| 12.83.188.242 - 0 | 617 | 617 | 36 | 49 | 120 | 50 |

| cgcil21crs.ip.att .net - 0 | 617 | 617 | 37 | 50 | 138 | 43 |

| ggr6.cgcil.ip.att. net - 1 | 614 | 613 | 36 | 45 | 61 | 40 |

| 12.246.90.154 - 0 | 617 | 617 | 36 | 47 | 406 | 102 |

| ae1-br01-eqch2.as57976. net - 0 | 617 | 617 | 35 | 62 | 1180 | 503 |

| be1-pe1-eqch2.as57976. net - 0 | 617 | 617 | 37 | 47 | 134 | 48 |

| 24.105.62.129 - 1 | 614 | 613 | 36 | 43 | 102 | 43 |

|____________|||||||

WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider

This packet loss is a bit odd. Hard to say if it means anything - doesn’t carry on down the line of switches to Blizzard. That’s a private network - are you on a cellular connection?

I’m seeing a number of game hangs in the Error reporting. Let’s update a couple of things here:

First the Asus sound card - it is running on 2011 vintage drivers.

https://www.asus.com/us/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/HelpDesk_Download/

The Killer ethernet you have can be problematic. Update there as well:

Now you want to run a clean uninstall before installing the Killer networking package. First create a System Restore point <---- type that in Windows search box.

Read the instructions on this Killer support page:

Okay, I updated the sound card and did a clean install of the Killer software and the problems with my game connection are the same, what now?

PS: I’m missing my guild’s raid as I type this… PLEASE help

You mention stripping addons off then enabling them one by one. Was that a full UI reset? If not you might try that as a test - we can return settings later if it doesn’t work.

As I mentioned this is a test. If it doesn’t help simply remove the OLD from your original folders then delete the new folders the game installed. This will return your original settings

In the past, killers advanced steam detection has been an issue. Is that on or off in the killer software?

Check these things in the Killer Control Panel.

Disable “Gamefast” then go to settings and disable “Stream Detect” if it is enabled.

Great minds think alike Zungar - haha

1 Like

Okay, the UI reset, I still had latency but it showed it was home latency this time… And the Stream Detect was on and I turned it off, played for about 5 mins, had about 1k-5k HOME ms this time, and it slowly fell off but then my game crashed.

I’m monitoring my internet connection though and i’m not seeing any dips in bandwidth…so I have no idea how high home ms is happening

Folk have confusion about the world and home readings in game. Read this sticky:

Bottom line is Home is your realm connection. Nothing to do with your actual home. That would be the World connection.

What you might try here is a VPN - Nord VPN seems to be a popular one.

Okay, I got a VPN, and my home latency is much higher now, running 456 home, 700+ world though its falling slowly, been on for about 10 mins now, no DCs, but latency is still garbage.

I just don’t understand I guess how i could go from running 30-40 home/world prepatch to this now to where its hardly playable?

Speedtesting my VPN connection and i have over 70 ping, Down is 28mb, but my UP is .86mb…that’s awful!

If it was a game issue this forum is swamped. Not sure what to try next. Have you tried the good old power cycle.

Shutdown computer - unplug the router/modem from wall power outlet. Leave unplugged for a few minutes. Plug back in then wait for things to sort themselves out. (couple minutes). Startup computer.

I’ve done that countless times since I’ve had this problem, and I’ve done that twice tonight so far. Is that really it? Nothing else to suggest? If I can’t raid with my guild that I’m the GM of its going to fall apart and that wasn’t an issue until this patch.

I would get a ticket open on this. See if the pros can help. You might reference this thread to save some back and forth.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1462/ticket

Thanks for your patience and help!

Edit: So after having to purchase a VPN and finding a stable server to use my disconnect problems have stopped and my high latency has greatly lessened. It still isn’t as good as it was before the patch though, and if we have to PURCHASE a service like this to be able to play your game then you should offer it as part of your subscription with no extra charge. This problem is solved, but the greater one of a lowered quality experience in WoW seems to be unanswered.