Can't stay connected

I’ve been having a lot of lag lately, sometimes unplayably bad, but I don’t tend to have too many connection issues.

But tonight, since around 9:30 EDT, I’ve been unable to stay connected for more than two or three minutes, if I can even log in.

I’m not technical and have no idea what to do, so any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Instructions on what to do are in the pinned threads:

Read over that and add your test here :slight_smile:

I just did a test. Everything came back with no issues. But I was still having trouble even getting in last night, let alone staying connected.

So I tried to do a scan and repair, but every time it gets to the end of the scan, it says something went wrong and to try it again. This has happened at least five times now.

I have no idea what the issue could be.

EDIT: BLZBNTAGT00000BB8

These statements seem at odds with each other. Can we see the test?

I’m trying, but it’s saying I’m putting in too many characters.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the BNet app, but it’s trying to scan files again.

Use Pastebin.com and give us the link, or just the end of it.

I hope this is it: https://pastebin.com/NXrqehcg

The repair issue is likely being caused by Norton or PC Dr.

Problem signature:
P1: NortonSecurity.exe

Problem signature:
P1: pcdrmemory2.p5x

Also, you’ll want to prevent WoWup from running in the background.

Problem signature:
P1: WowUp.exe

I doubt it’s Norton, since I’ve been running it with no issues for well over a year at this point. I don’t know what PC Dr is, but I think I’ve managed to kill it for the time being. WowUp is not set to run in the background, and at this point I don’t keep any addon managers active unless I’m using them.

Sure, but you’ve probably updated Windows and Norton within that time frame, which can lead to conflicts. I can only point out the errors appearing in the report you provided to assist you. Whether you act on the information is up to you.

I don’t actually know how to deal with WoW in Norton. I tried to mess with the Norton app a bit today, but it was asking for my password, but it kept saying my password was incorrect, even though it works just fine on the Norton site. I don’t really know how to proceed from here.

It’s been my experience whenever my connection gets dropped my Internet has slowed to a crawl. This can be from

1 The network being upgraded by my ISP.

1. Peak hour, 6-9pm @ nite.

2. Everybody in the family downloading @ the same time.

Whenever this happens (except 3) , I try a power cycle (reboot everything including the modem).

When you have lag or disconnects try an internet speed test @ speedtest net. If your speed is under 1mbps you’re broadband is the problem.

Even better try an Winmtr @

/support/en/article/27780

And report back the results.

I can’t assist with another company’s product, but I recommend uninstalling it temporarily for the time being. I am fairly confident it’s the main issue.

As for the password, you’d have to ask Norton about your login details.

I ended up just having to uninstall in full and do a new reinstall.