Horrible lag lately

I have tried EVERYTHING, both in game and out of game (updating parts) and WoW is currently the only game for me right now that is having almost unplayable levels of lagg, especially after this most recent patch.

Steps i have taken:
1). Un-installing and re-installing the game
2). deleting add ons
3). Updating all drivers
4). Clearing cache’s from retail
5). New graphics card last year
6). new fans to help cool the system last year too
7). Reducing all default settings in game to 1

Probably a few more that i can’t think of…and nothing is working.

Please, i would like maybe a developer or someone that can really work with me on this to fix it.

We can’t assist you in this forum without a network test. Please add your WinMTR.

How would i be able to get that info

Continuing the discussion from Common Technical Issues and Solutions:

I may have actually found the issue, and corrected it…i am having major FPS success and the lag has died down substantially…what i did? i honestly couldn’t tell you, i just spent the last hour going over my drivers and settings

It is Blizzard and Chicago.

I don’t even notice the problem right now and there is a problem in Chicago according to this.

The node you’re referring to does not respond to ping requests, so it will always have an inflated value. However, in the test there is no lag, no packet loss, and average ping of 32ms.

1 Like

Well I wasn’t having problems this morning so I guess that explains why your tool is showing a lot of latency.

really not sure what i did TBH.

Scanned/repaired the game → went to my drivers and adjusted some settings → changed some graphic settings in game → noticed my graphics card setting was on “auto detect” changed that to current card → turned off all add on’s and reloaded them 1 at a time to make sure there werent any that were causing issue’s.

Tried retracing my steps, but it was mostly fiddling around for like 1 hour or so.

But now the game is running like a gem, i have been having trouble for MONTHS getting things to work. So unless blizz fixed some things on their end, or me messing around with some settings…regardless, i am FREE OF LAG