Constant DCs

My guild has several people with the same issue. after about 30 seconds we get DCed it resolves itself occasionally only to reappear the next day. Error 51900319

|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|                             192.168.1.1 -    0 |   56 |   56 |    0 |    0 |    3 |    0 |
|        142-254-135-229.inf.spectrum.com -    0 |   56 |   56 |    6 |   11 |   19 |   12 |
|   lag-63.wcfltxjj01h.netops.charter.com -    2 |   53 |   52 |   13 |  125 |  809 |   29 |
| lag-30.rcr01dllatx37.netops.charter.com -    0 |   56 |   56 |   11 |   15 |   36 |   15 |
|lag-414.dllstx976iw-bcr00.netops.charter.com -    0 |   56 |   56 |   11 |   17 |   63 |   16 |
|      lag-0.pr3.dfw10.netops.charter.com -    0 |   56 |   56 |   10 |   17 |   42 |   37 |
|                            66.109.9.151 -    0 |   56 |   56 |   11 |   18 |   64 |   16 |
|              ae1-br02-eqda6.as57976.net -    0 |   56 |   56 |   42 |   48 |   88 |   51 |
|        et-0-0-2-br02-swlv10.as57976.net -    0 |   56 |   56 |   42 |   49 |  118 |   51 |
|        et-0-0-1-pe01-swlv10.as57976.net -    0 |   56 |   56 |   42 |   46 |   58 |   47 |
|                           137.221.105.2 -    0 |   56 |   56 |   42 |   46 |   53 |   51 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|
   WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider ~~~~
1 Like

You have 2% packet loss before leaving your area with massive “worst ping”

Change your DNS to Google or Cloud Flare to see if it can avoid the Charter hop.

Or call your ISP so they can investigate it and escalate it to Charter unless its a bigger issue and its just showing on the hop on this WinWTR.

I know you want to blame every issue on peoples ISP but a single lost packet isnt going to cause a disconnect especially when people all over the country are having the same issue.

2 Likes

There are millions of people playing and there are like 10 threads in the last week. And yes 2% dropped packets out of a tiny 56 sent is enough to DC you constantly.

You are not alone in this issue. The person you’re replying to is gaslighting at this point as their response is to tell everyone their issue is “worst ping”, despite people with perfect ISP’s having the same issue.

The game itself is the issue. I have perfect ping and I am having the exact DCing issue as you. More people need to speak up. My battlenet friends list is a mess with this issue.

1 Like

Similar issues myself, and a few guildmates aswell. The packet loss only started when the D4 servers were being pushed out. Its to the point where a buddy of mine doesn’t want to play D4 or WoW because he knows he’s just doing to disconnect again. Ya, his ISP is crap, but he never had this issue prior to the D4 launch

1 Like

Wicked gets paid by the post lol

2 Likes

Hey there,

Before I get into anything I need to remind everyone that we do not condone any sort of personal attacks against other users. It is fine to disagree but keep it civil and stick to the issue itself.

As for the disconnections.

It is correct that the vast majority of players are doing so without issue. We have tools to monitor our service 24/7 and when an issue happens that affects the service, we see it.

However when dealing with as large a player base as we have, a small number of players experiencing issues still comes out to be a significant number of players.

Now looking at that WinMTR It seems fine. While a 2% data loss can absolutely cause a disconnection, that result in the WinMTR is not actually data loss.

We can tell because WinMTR’s test every node along the path simultaneously. If data is actually being lost or delayed, every node after would also show this same if not worse loss. The most important hop is the last hop and how it compares to the first.

Now the other thing to keep in mind is connections are variable and that means any connection test would need to be run when the issue is happening in order to see what is going on with the connection when the issue happens.

If the included test was run while replicating the issue, then the problem is not likely (though connection tests use different types of data packets for their transfers and can lead to different results) specific to the connection.

WoW51900319 is a generic disconnection error it simply means the game client lost its connection to the service. (If this is happening at login to a specific character, you may simply have a stuck character and can use the stuck character service on the website to move the character to a safe world location)

Typical causes are connection issues, issues on the local network, corrupt client data, software conflicts or potentially OS/Driver issues affecting system stability/performance.

Knowing others experiencing issues with the same or similar symptoms does not = service issue. Their cause could be something completely different, or everyone experiencing could have a common localized cause between them. This doesn’t mean there can’t be a service issue but the evidence and data does not suggest one at this time.

TLDR Be civil, Most players are doing so without issue, The WinMTR looks fine but is not conclusive, there could be issues with the local network, system or client itself.

Go over the troubleshooting mentioned in the various posts in this thread and then try another WinMTR while replicating the issue, and also get us a dxdiag so we can dig into this further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.