Constantly Discconecting

Having massive world lag yet my home wifi is running normally. Can’t even play for more than 5 minutes for I get disconnected. I followed all of Blizzards recomendations to fix latency. Come on blizard upgrade the samm servers already!!!

2 Likes

Yea same as soon as I logged in, I get DC. Am I the only one?

same, when I try to login I get disconnected after 10-20 seconds.

Getting WOW51900319 after about 5 seconds… in-game I had just fallen into an area of very bright graphics and figured my rig was the problem. But now, not so sure as that others are reporting similar disconnects.

I log in and then disconnect, it doesn’t even give me 5 seconds.

Try using the character stuck service to relocate.

Can’t stay in on stormrage server. Someone fix this crap ASAP. This is ridiculous!

I’m not experiencing lag, but I disconnect very frequently now after a minute or two. Nothing has changed on my end that I am aware of, and I have performed every step in the troubleshooting guide to no avail. Everything was working fine for me until about three days ago or so, and I’m not sure what the problem is.

Used the Move Character option and all is well. It’s the bugged world quest. Avoid!

OK, so after all of that, my disconnect problem was simple to fix.

I am using an Ethernet connection plugged directly into my router, but as I had Wifi enabled, the latter was causing me to disconnect every few minutes. At the suggestion of Support, I turned off the Wifi, and now everything is fine. I don’t know if this will help anyone else, but I just thought I would put it out there.

1 Like

I’m at a loss of what to do. Connection issues are ongoing, same as everyone else in this thread. The only thing I haven’t tried is uninstalling my Avast free virus software and twitch/curseforge. The problem happens in WoW classic and Retail. In wow classic I’m running no add ons, am running a few in retail but based on the fact that the problem still happens in Classic I’m wondering if the addons aren’t the problem.

In the past connection issues, I found all the effort resolve the issue was a waste of my time and sure enough, eventually the problem goes away (meaning it wasn’t on my end)… i’ve been hoping that would happen this time around but the problem is ongoing, for weeks now and somedays it seems like it’s getting worse (more frequent disconnections, lag spike etc. I’m to the point where I may just call it quits.

ETA: there is always the possibility the problem is with the ISP service. I’ll schedule a service call. But all the equipment is relatively new.

still high latency, multiple disconnects, get stuck at loading screen… i’ve tried everything… can’t play anything (rated, M+ etc) serious due to the unstable play

There’s no specific info in this thread to help troubleshoot this problem. Networking tests are required to find out where lag is happening.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/common-technical-issues-and-solutions/22912/23

Additionally, specifying the server, what time of day, and which zones would also be helpful to the staff.

1 Like