Still getting very high World Latency and pretty high home latency

600-2000 Home latency
3000-7000 world latency
Have done speed tests (900 mb down) (40 up)
Changed the DNS from using 8.8.8.8 to 1.1.1.1
Flushed the DNS
Rebooted the modem
This is also happening on my roommates PC to WoW only.
All other online games are working fine, and youtube is loading fast.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

4 Likes
  1. wired or wireless?
    1a wired , check wires just about to be unplugged? Wireless other wireless users… You have a bottle neck at ISP.
    I would lower screens on both computers and watch the traffic on the Lan… Adjust till both can play.

2. Windows update? Win10pro had a restart today.

3. Same email , but different accounts? 2 different emails.

4. Turning off wowproxieserver ; in task manager… help or worse?

5. Lan traffic that messes with wow, or any other program… Discord or the game itself trying to update.

6. Addons that …

7. Other players help…

Speed test is a start, they also run line tests… You run they tell you what the test means.
My speed test is…
9.13 Mbps download
4.47 Mbps upload

Latency: 42 ms

Server: Washington

Your Internet speed is fine.

Your Internet connection should be able to handle streaming an HD video. If multiple devices are streaming video at the same time, you may run into some slowdowns.

I don’t see any blue post in any of these issues. Sad to say, I am out. Just unsubscribed. Not playing this coming expansion either. I bet there are other better games than wow now.

3 Likes

That is a nice gesture, so your roommate can enjoy the full bandwidth of your internet.

Good luck…have fun.

1 Like

This is the answer, more and more of us will cancel until its too late and the game is dead, all because of profit saving measures they are currently putting into effect, this all started a week before remix and the game is becoming unplayable for more customers every day. I want a refund on the expac and my sub, they are not providing the service I paid for.

1 Like

I just want to give an update. I found an issue where my modem’s firewall was acting weird due to a recent update from my ISP. It was causing some data to go through quickly, where some was lagging or being outright stopped.
Rebooting didn’t fix it, it required a swap to a different firewall setting, and then back to normal.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why WoW, with more than 20 years in service, doesn’t look to renew or improve its connections or servers or make deals or seek help from internet service providers to improve its connection. Since the beta was launched, WoW has become impossible to play due to super high latency, with high ms all the time. It’s impossible to try to do a raid in Pandaria as well as in retail. It’s been over a month with people complaining about this, and they haven’t done anything.

I decided not to renew my subscription because WoW is the only game that doesn’t work for me. lol, CoD, Valorant, guild ff4… all run with ms of 60-90 perfectly fine. In WoW, I enter, and the ms starts climbing to 100-200-300-500-1000, and I can’t do anything at all.

2 Likes

Blizzard develops games. They don’t build servers, datacenters, or internet routes. Are you expecting Blizzard to get involved in another industry because the one you’re paying for internet routing (ISPs) isn’t bothering to optimize the route/fix the issue?

That’s not the experience most people are having, though. The internet is complex and there can be a lot of problems between two points, especially with all the companies involved to make the connection possible. And then when you consider that every service you use is hosted in a different place, you can’t compare a problem with one to the others.

1 Like

I’ve been having a similar issue where my world ms will end up being 1000-7000 ms and the game will freeze (I can still move around and such) then it will catch up to itself. This will happen constantly. It makes the game very unplayable, I’ve tried to swap my router out for a new one, new Ethernet cord, resetting my pc, all the DNS recommendations. Nothing works and the issue persists. Blizzard tech support has been very very poor at helping with this. Is there something you did to fix it or is the issue still happening for you?

2 Likes

The modem’s firewall setting wasn’t acting correctly, so I changed its rating to off and then back to low setting and that fixed it.
If you aren’t having other issues with any other game/internet issues I would also recommend setting up the port forwarding for WoW like I have it currently.

1 Like

If everyone is having the same issue of only World Of Warcraft having latency issues…it is 100% because of WoW and Blizzard. I can play any other game, stream movies on my other pc and have youtube/netflix on my tv for my son all at the same time and play any other online game perfectly fine. But the past month, even with nothing running but WoW on my pc, I constantly have latency issues. I’ve done speed tests, router swaps…etc. etc., and nothing fixes it.

And to act like it isn’t Blizzards responsibility to provide functioning servers??? What??? As well as Blizzard in fact does run their own datacenter… Blizzard run their own data centers , they even have their own CDN and internet subnet. They don’t lease servers off anyone, or pay anyone (meaning third parties) to manage them. So everything you are saying is just flat out wrong. Crazy the amount of shilling you people do and shift the blame other than on Blizzard, who makes billions of dollars a year, can’t even have stable servers, that they do in fact own, create and manage, for a game that has been out for almost 20 years and isn’t even cutting edge in terms on any aspect of the game.

They least they can do is make sure their player base can login and play without latency issues, constant login issues, many features bugged, constant disconnects…but I guess the player base, you know, the people who pay and keep the game alive aren’t worth Blizzards time it seems or effort in your eyes somehow.

Who is “everyone”? Even the person who made this actual thread discovered it was not a world of warcraft problem.

3 Likes

As the comment above points out, that’s a huge exaggeration.

Thankfully, this has been explained many times in the forum and it’s pinned in the sticky threads.

It’s their responsibility to write code for the game. Their hosting is handled by Google these days.

Blizzard is not an internet service provider. They’ve never been responsible for latency issues, but supported them as a courtesy service in the past. Now they operate like most other game development companies—only offering troubleshooting steps via ticket and on their support documentation site.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.