We wanted to keep you updated on a list of known issues affecting the game. This is not a complete list of all currently tracked issues affecting Overwatch 2, rather this is a targeted list of some known specific issues with this release.
Check out our Overwatch 2 Launch Issues post to stay in the loop on upcoming information regarding server stability, account merge, and other launch concerns.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in players receiving competitive mode penalties for leaving matches when the game crashed during launch. We have reset the leaver penalties on affected players so they can play ranked again
- We have temporarily disabled Junkertown in Quick Play and Competitive due to a bug that could lead to performance issues.
- Our next patch is coming on October 25, and a it addresses the issues with Bastion and Torbjörn. Both heroes are expected to return to the game with this patch.
- Although the Endorsement Reward Battle Pass XP amount is displaying incorrectly, the proper amount of XP is being awarded.
- Some players are experiencing an LC-208 error, and the team is continuing to track down a fix for this issue.
- 9:00 p.m. PDT: Emergency Maintenance has completed Overwatch 2 servers are live. Thank you for your patience, everyone.
- 8:00 p.m. PDT: We will be taking Overwatch 2 offline for approximately one hour.
- 7:00 p.m. PDT: The team is aware of a new issue that prevents players from accessing all their owned heroes. This is caused by an issue with our servers that tracks player progression. We are working to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.
- 3:00 p.m. PDT : Bastion is temporarily disabled everywhere in-game, and Torbjörn is temporarily disabled in competitive only. Both of these heroes are experiencing bugs that heavily impact gameplay, and we’ll share an update on them soon.
- We implemented fixes for LC-208, but there are some players still experiencing other errors in this category. The team will continue to work on additional fixes.
- We made some adjustments to help process more players through the account merge queue.
8:30-9:30 p.m. PDT (Updated): Servers will be down for approximately an hour while we implement further fixes.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: Our servers are now back online.
- New SMS Protect requirements are in effect. Console players who already had Overwatch connected to their Battle.net account no longer need to meet SMS Protect requirements. Any PC player who played OW1 in the past has this requirement removed.
- Many players who merged their accounts should be seeing their full collections, but we still have a number of lingering accounts in queue to be resolved. Players affected by this have not lost any of their collection or progress.
- We’re working towards a fix for console players who pre-purchased the Watchpoint pack but aren’t seeing the items.
- We have a fix for the LC-208 error in testing for a future update.
- We’re changing configurations within the match making system today and hope to somewhat shorten that wait throughout the day.
- We’ve gathered reports around crashes happening in a few different scenarios here and there. We will continue to work on fixes for these issues, and hope to deploy them in coming updates.
- We saw improvements following the downtimes and fixes from yesterday. More details in the section below.
3:00-4:00 p.m. PDT: Servers will be down while we’re rolling out a fix to address some bugs related to account merge, login, and the First Time User Experience. Players won’t be able to access the servers during this time.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: We’re still processing through the account merge queue, and we will continue working on that throughout the day. Players can expect to see their complete collection when their account merge is completed.
6:00-9:00 p.m. PDT (approximately): We’re conducting significant upgrades to our databases to address player queues. Players won’t be able to access the servers during this time.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: The team has successfully updated our database to increase player capacity and clear login queues globally.
- Players on PC may be prompted to update their client. This addresses some reports of crashes and black screen issues.
- Players are experiencing server disconnects.
UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Today we’ve patched a server that is critical to the login experience, this change has increased login reliability. Beyond queues, we’re in progress with another server update that will reduce the occurrences of players being disconnected once they’re already in game.
We’re also adding nodes to ease the pressure of our player database being overloaded. Adding nodes requires replication of data, which inherently adds more pressure to an already stressed system, so we’re doing it slowly to not cause any further disruption.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 7: Some players are still experiencing disconnects due to ongoing maintenance, but we are seeing improvements to the
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Today we’ve patched a server that is critical to the login experience, this change has increased login reliability. Beyond queues, we’re in progress with another server update that will reduce the occurrences of players being disconnected once they’re already in game.
- A small amount of players who merged their PC and console accounts are seeing an “Unexpected Server Error."
UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Half of reports are coming from players who have not yet completed their account merge. This is understandable because there’s a bug causing the account merge prompt to not show up on some consoles. This is a difficult issue for us to test internally, but we rolled out a UI fix earlier today to make your account merge status clearer.
In the other half of reported cases for this issue, things are just taking longer than expected for items from the original Overwatch to transfer and populate in Overwatch 2. If you’re experiencing this issue, please perform your account merge if you’ve played Overwatch on multiple platforms previously, and re-login to see if this addresses the problem.
In all cases, no player data has been wiped or lost, and we will continue to monitor this issue.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: Half of reports are coming from players who have not yet completed their account merge. This is understandable because there’s a bug causing the account merge prompt to not show up on some consoles. This is a difficult issue for us to test internally, but we rolled out a UI fix earlier today to make your account merge status clearer.
- Incorrectly Locked Heroes and Items for Existing Players.
- UPDATE, OCTOBER 5: These cases are almost certainly related to our new First Time User Experience (FTUE) flow incorrectly being applied to existing players. We have seen relogging into the game resolve this issue in most cases, and we will continue to work towards a complete fix.
- The shop may be unavailable for up to 15 minutes after login
- We are investigating reports of some players missing golden weapons for Junker Queen, Sojourn, and Kiriko after the October 25 patch
- Career Profile may not be updating correctly for console players, please click here to learn more
- Some players are experiencing an LC-208 error, and the team is currently investigating a fix for this issue
- We’re processing refunds to impacted players
- Using Alt + Tab in fullscreen and windowed borderless can result in a blackscreen
- Echo is playing Kiriko, Sojourn, and Junker Queen ultimate lines in English for non-English languages
- The ‘Rejoin’ option is no longer exhibiting issues when players rejoin a match they left or disconnected from
- Players can now purchase OWL items
- Players are no longer missing Pink Mercy and Noire Widowmaker skins
- Kiriko and Sojourn’s Heroic poses are now correctly locked and priced
- Players who purchased Kiriko’s Tanpopo Skin now unlock the correct skin
- Endorsement Reward Battle Pass XP amount is now displaying correctly, with the proper amount of XP is rewarded
- Mitigating Bastion’s damage as many heroes now grants proper credit for the System-Wide Malfunction season challenge
- The camera can no longer be misplaced on the level when viewing your Highlights
- Fixed an issues that caused Hero Unlock challenges fail to progress in Total Mayhem
- Workshop Green Screen and Workshop Island are loading incorrect maps and may break some existing codes
- We’ve addressed issues related to Numbani, Necropolis, Illios CTF, and Temple of Anubis, and these maps are back in the game
- Fixed an issues causing players to fall through the map when spawning in the Bounty Hunter Arcade mode
- All players should now see their friends lists
- Prices for dynamic bundles in some Just For You sections are now populating
- Players can now invite their friends or recent players using the Social UI
- Kiriko and Sojourn’s heroic victory poses were intended to be free, so players who purchased them will receive a refund. Their heroic victory poses will be available for free to all players in our next scheduled release.
- Players who owned Happi Genji prior to launch and purchased the skin again after launch will get their tokens returned
- We’re starting to process of granting tokens back into their accounts today and will continue into late tomorrow
- Match History and Replays are now present in Career Profile
Thank you for you for your understanding and patience while we work on solutions! We’ll let you know as soon as we have an update!!