Account got wiped when logging into ow2

Same here. All I’ve got unlocked are contender skins.
Really hope this gets fixed, I really don’t want to spend money on skins that I should already have.

12 Likes

its not only the skins, its also teh banners the characters and just all the gamemodes are also all gone and some i just have to play for but i have no motivation.

12 Likes

I have the exact same problem. I’ve lost every skin which is about $10,000 according to blizzard. I don’t want to play 100 hours to get characters I already know how to play as well.

16 Likes

Bro taco this is literally exactly what happened to me

5 Likes

So fact I don’t see how it could rewrite it but idk

4 Likes

It’s already known bug and being worked on. Rest assured your stuff wasn’t “deleted”, the server is just bugged and doesn’t know you own the stuff so isn’t displaying it as owned

23 Likes

It’s a bug that they acknowledged on Twitter, so don’t worry about it.

6 Likes

Yeah, sorry. Meant to say I’ve not got sprays, emotes, icons etc etc

5 Likes

Yup, I’m in the exact same boat

4 Likes

I saw something on Reddit that I was not aware of but according to someone we were supposed to merge our accounts before OW1 shut down in order to keep our stuff. I hope that’s BS because that’s not fair to returning players that didn’t know there had to be an extra step.

35 Likes

that really wouldntbe fair but i did it before it shut down.

2 Likes

I didn’t know. I haven’t played in a year

1 Like

Also i saw that they said that you could still merge in OW2.

3 Likes

Same. This sucks. :frowning:

2 Likes

all my hype for the game died once i saw all my skins and progress from overwatch were gone im not playing till i get all my progress back, such a bad launch

70 Likes

That’s not the same thing. There are people saying some of their cosmetics are missing. Those people don’t have a wiped account, they’re just missing certain things. What you quote clearly relates to those people, not to people with entirely wiped accounts. This is not a situation that could be properly described as “Some cosmetics, items, and currency that players owned are not showing up in their collection,” nor does it involve an error saying “Unexpected Server Error.” As far as I can tell, Blizzard is, in fact, saying absolutely nothing about this issue, despite many people (myself included) having the issue.

53 Likes

All my stuff is gone now. Thought it was just my cosmetics/coin and stats cause i had all the characters besides the new ones but then i got kicked and now i have to unlock all of them and it took away my contender skins

13 Likes

My whole account is wiped as well, it’s stating I’m a new player and I have no progression. 150 quick play games to unlock echo…….

22 Likes

Same as most on this thread, everything gone. Xbox, just the one account.

6 Likes

This is so confusing man. I’m on ps5 and I didn’t know I had to merge accounts, but when logging in all cosmetics are gone, and characters are locked, but my ps account is linked, I’m on the same account as OW1 cause I still have all my friends from OW1 I have the contender skins and all the overwatch origins skins that you get. But that’s it. I’ve seen both that we can or can’t merge now and I’m just confused. I hope this is all resolved and I get my stuff back

23 Likes