WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 18

As we approach the moment when WoW Classic players will make the choice to move on to The Burning Crusade Classic (version 2.5.1) or stick with Classic Era (version 1.13.7), we will be connecting many Classic Era realms during maintenance on Tuesday, May 18.

This means that in each region/locale, we will create connected realms among groups of Classic Era PvP realms, or groups of Classic Era Normal realms, or Classic Era RP realms.

In this region, we will connect:

• Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, Thunderfury, and Whitemane
  • Arugal, Felstriker, and Yojamba
  • Ashkandi, Mankrik, Pagle, Westfall, and Windseeker
  • Atiesh, Azuresong, Myzrael, and Old Blanchy
  • Benediction, Faerlina, Heartseeker, Incendius, and Netherwind
  • Earthfury, Herod, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Skeram, Stalagg, Sulfuras, and Thalnos

Our goal is to maximize the opportunities for Classic Era players to establish strong communities and carry on enjoying their way of play. We hope to see healthy populations of connected realms for Classic Era players, and we’ll continue to monitor and consider further connections in the future.

Thank you!

36 Likes

Thanks for the clarity. Many of us expected this would be the solution.

3 Likes

Connected realms is not Cross Realm Zones (CRZ).

All of these connected realms will be essentially 1 single unified realm with no phasing or other nonsense. All able to group, trade, and interact with each other.

The only difference is people keep their name and guild names. This comes with seeing the “-server name” which if desired to not have means everyone losing their name and guild name.

37 Likes

technically not even that. they truncate it where possible where it’ll just show name* instead of name to signify they have same name from a diff realm. many addons will show -realm but that’s mostly do to addon code not truncating way blizzard does.

15 Likes

Since guilds will move onto TBC with their current server, you will have to create your guilds over again in Classic Era, they are clones. At least that is what I believe.

3 Likes

People still don’t understand this almost a decade later. There is no putting the toothpaste back in the tube on this misinformation.

But, glad to see this. While I don’t have plans to play classic era, I know I won’t be returning to a dead realm now.

7 Likes

RIP Remulos.

5 Likes

So Bloodsail Buccaneers, the only RP-PvE server, is already one of the lowest pop realms, will be left by itself as there are no other RP-PvE servers.

It will be a ghost town.

4 Likes

So much for finding a lite load server to play on to avoid the over crowded quest areas with no shared tag system in place like in live…

Warlock tag hell inc

3 Likes

Can I have your stuff?

18 Likes

does server connect mean that it plays like as if there was sharding or layering or?

No. Plays just like it was now, but you might see Someguy-Anotherserver in your group

3 Likes

You put “Windseeker” in with PvP realms when its a Normal Realm

4 Likes

So what’s going on with the RP servers? Will we (Grobbulus) be merged with Deviate Delight + Bloodsail Buccaneers for classic era copies?

9 Likes

Thank you Blizzard! There are many people that wish to continue playing Classic and this helps out a ton.

3 Likes

I am feeling exactly the same about this

As much as I don’t want Bloodsail to remain alone, would prefer it even more to not be turned into a PvP server for the sake of that connection.

5 Likes

Pagel AND Mankrik!? Holy sh**!

These are the two most popular PVE servers… I was worried about the login queues for Mankrik alone.

3 Likes

For Classic Era?

You didnt need to worry…

4 Likes

Yeah its going to be Classic Era, most are going to TBC. Few will clone and be active. It will be a healthy population since both were so heavy for each faction.

1 Like