Planning to start fresh on Classic

I didn’t make much progress with the character I made and plan to start over. I also want to enjoy the WoW Classic era first before going to BC. But some questions first.

Realm populations are low but which realms are a good spot (one for Alliance and one for Horde) thats on EST?

PvE or PvP? Will I regret going to a PvP server?

Howdy, I’m just going to post my reply from a similar thread here:

If you have any questions, ask away!

2 Likes

Thank you, the question now is PvP or PvE? The population on all the servers are low and honestly kinda leaning towards PvE… unless PvP is more fun.

hm that is a question.

ur best bet is alliance on the pagle/mankirk cluster theres a solid horde population too. but tbc is gonna end in like 2 months and become wrath with no more tbc era realms

I mean, I’m willing to bet that decision was made based on the participation rate Blizzard saw with Classic era. If it doesn’t make logistical sense, then it doesn’t make logistical sense – I guess it’s just… not particularly fortuitous. I sincerely enjoy the state of my character in reference to the ceiling 70 cap presents and all of the various nuances that go along with the meta there.

I probably will play Wrath… I’m not sure I’m the type of person who has time to play in 2 eras at once.

OKay a bit of an up date I’ve chosen to go with PvE because a video series called Barny’s Scarab Lord Adventures helped me realize I don’t want to deal with an opposing faction when i just want to explore the world I love at my own pace.

Now the next question, should I make a different character (i’ll explain)? At first I thought about making how my main (in live) was back in the day, but then I thought… why put myself threw that again? why relive the same story when I can start a new one. Maybe instead of a human male warrior go female or play another race and class?

That’s completely up to you, bud. Some people want to relive what they once experienced and remake the same character or they want to push a class they played to a new level. Some people made new characters to try something new and get a different experience or perspective.

Me personally when classic launched I wanted to do the same class (undead warlock) because I love warlocks and wanted to wear warlock t3 eventually. But my friends all wanted to be alliance and a couple of them wanted to be warlocks so I went priest instead. They quit one week in and I got bored of my priest and eventually switched to paladin and ended up enjoying that. It’s something that I don’t think I would have considered if I stuck to my main choice in the first place.

I think either way you could have fun, but it’s really up to you and what you want to get out of the game.

Jom best server

Hey I just noticed this in your OP. The current way Classic Era and BC work doesn’t facilitate this option. The Classic Era realms are 1-60 that don’t progress into any of the old expansions. BC is currently 1-70 and will be progressing into Wrath (1-80) before the year is over.

I :heart: Hardcore mode on Jom. It’s a blast and will fill the void until DF comes out. Or probably Wrath classic.