Wouldn’t Cross-Realm Servers solve all our issues?

Right, I understand what you’re trying to say but my point is that they’ve been doing this for a year and just recently admitted that Mega servers are a huge problem and they need to try and control it.

The merging of server was nothing more than cleaning house and trying to sweep servers under the rug, it was never an actual solution considering all their actions led to even more problems.

All i’m saying is that if you go on Retail you can play on a low pop server and still play with people who are on high pop servers any time of day, the reason why they did that is because they realized without it you would have the problem right now which is mega servers.

The only solution is cross realm.

I never once said that lmao, are you even on the right thread?

It literally happened in ICC patch with Cross Realm Battlegroups and LFD, it later on took full form in Cata.

Everything i’m saying are old gameplay solutions to current day problems we have right now, the solutions are right in front of us.

Mega servers are not being addressed, locking it won’t last long as there is already massive outrage about it and they aren’t splitting anything up because that’s even more work and resources and if mishandled will be catastrophic for them PR wise as many have built their homes on these servers.

The easiest and most painless solution is Cross Realm.

You haven’t provided a reason why Realm Connections wouldn’t help the low pop servers. After connections, their situation only improves. What’s the drawback?

Let’s take my old server for example, the server had to die with literally 5 people online before they decided to merge.

Almost every server you see on that list that’s inactive was already dead before they merged it, it added nothing and provided zero benefit.

So what exactly was the point of it besides cleaning up dead servers?

You essentially kill realm identity of every server you connect…

2 Likes

You’re using the example of server deletions and saying its the same as realm connections. You’re either confused or misrepresenting yourself.

Off the quote you posted:

My server Blaumeux was on there, they decided to do this AFTER the server had already died. Most of the servers on that list had the same fate, the merge happened far too late for it to have any impact.

It’s funny you mention the whitemane cluster. That’s literally the first/second most populated one. You are dead wrong. The connections had an overwhelmingly positive impact.

What do you think crossrealm sharding is but one giant megaserver???

The reason megaserver culture is absolute trash is because there are enough people that if you act like a jerk, it won’t matter, it won’t affect your reputation.

I’m sorry, are we playing ICC right now? We’re not getting cross realm sharding in Classic, cause it’s antithetical to Classic. They tried it and it is a poor solution to a problem that’s, again, already being fixed.

Hahahah they’re not gonna get complained into unlocking the servers. The bandaid is ripped, they’re not gonna renege because some players are REEEing. They’re gonna get the value from the tough decision. They already have! Thousands have moved off the problem severs.

It’s not gonna happen, cause it’s a terrible road they’ve already been down.

Please go back to retail now, instead of a month after release, and stop trying to speedrun Classic into retail. Thank you.

2 Likes

Go check IF.Pro, Blameux died a year before they decided to do the merge. I can literally go look up half those servers and find them dead before they decided to do it.

Not only is Blizzard dumb enough to think people wouldn’t catch on to the fact that people have data on this stuff and know they’re just trying to remove dead servers but it’s highly amusing i’m arguing with someone defending it over Cross Realm that has had years and years of success of actually working.

You said this has been going on for a year but last week they announced Mega Servers were too big to control and they have to find solutions by locking it, so yeah there goes your server merge idea lol.

I don’t think you understand the topic so i’ll leave this for you:

I would love cross realm. We are the community, server community is meaningless when we have Discord, forums, in game community searches that Blizz can implement. Not everyone, but a handful of us just want to be able to put a raid or dungeon together whenever we want and have the players to do that. The way it is right now, it’s not possible.

1 Like

They honestly should’ve just done this from the start but I know they wanted to reap the profits from mass transfers, they allowed Mega servers to exist to profit off it while also claiming it’s too out of control after it bit them in the back.

I just hope they start having some common sense instead of just pure greed before people leave out of frustration.

1 Like

Ironforge doesn’t keep track of Era clusters. The tool you’re using for evaluation isn’t applicable. More to the point, you still have failed to bring up any downside to using connections for the smaller realms.

And Era clusters have no bearing to this topic either, you brought up merges and I have direct proof of actually being on the server and coming back to it when it died only to have them merge it.

I’m done talking about Era realms, if you wish to continue then speak on the actual topic. I don’t care if they did server merges or connections or whatever buzzword PR Blizzard decided to go with to clean up dead servers to save face for that fact that Era servers died.

When, not in classic era, was it merged? Do you mean deleted?

May 21st of this year is when they announced the connections, my server in specific had 10 people on it back at the end of 2021 when I came back.

IF.Pro shows you old data to that time period, it’s archived.

The servers they connected on that post you linked me were all long dead before they got put into that cluster, they did it to save face and clean up old dead servers. It had no bearing on the actual server issues we are facing today.

There is no shot they will connect a 5k realm right now to a Benediction, that is off the table completely.

The entire premise of what you came in with has no bearing on the reality of our situation at all.

link please, mine was for the CLASSIC ERA realms in 2021. When was the progression server blamuaex merged/connected?

Each of those connections they made to the bigger servers, those servers for the most part had died long before they decided to connect them.

It wasn’t connecting them to benefit them, it was connecting them to rid the game of empty servers so people wouldn’t log in and think the game is dead.

Them dissolving servers and merging them and renaming them “connections” has the be the most obvious PR move i’ve ever seen them make lol.

the tbc progression realms never got any realm connections. So I ask you again:

Blameux is not a TBC progression realm, it was an Era realm. Again, I will say this one more time you can easily go look up the archived data on IF.Pro, less than 10 people logged in by the end of 2021.

In May 21st they announced Blameux was one of the servers to be connected to the bigger server group.

This is like taking a dead body and shoving it under the rug and hoping no one cares or talks about it.

And this is why I said you are using a faulty tool in your evaluation. Blaumeux’s final timepoint (https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/Blaumeux/) at the end of November in 2021 is a total of 168. At this point, it was already connected with 9 other realms. Some of those realms are Classic Era Whitemane, Bigglesworth which IFP HAS NO DATA FOR. You’re grossly underrepresenting the data that’s present and ignoring the mound that is absent. The connections worked and breathed new life into the game.