WoW Classic Era Realm Connections Coming May 18

Not to mention westfall is large pop too. Well looks like we’ll either have queues or a healthy pop lol

Agreed, this is silly and needs to be reevaluated. The majority of our player base are going to move to TBC era to continue their RP, while some will indeed stay on classic era. But the thing is, not all of us that play on RP servers Roleplay. Some of us rolled here for the more lax community and because of friends. Why should anyone that wishes to remain classic era, be stuck on a dead realm just because of our initial realm choice.

Not even Deviate Delight, or Grobbulus got connected together. Realms of the same type, but different time zones.

At the very least, blizzard needs to offer free transfers off the RP servers, to any realm that relates. This would still allow the very very few who wish to continue their characters with an actual player base to do so.

No way in hell would I pay 15 to copy, and another 30 to transfer to a populated group.

2 Likes

While I didnt roll on bloodsail (PvE is boring to me, and Grobb was more active with horde side RP) I do wish when transfers happen, Blizzard closes transfers to grobbulus, but allows transfers out as we got so many transfers from other pvp servers who dont even roleplay and act like a bunch of asses about it from last time it was kept open.

non rping transfer trash get out reeee

2 Likes

Screw this game, I’m outta here.

You guys said no changes, and now you change it to be like retail with your connected realms. Fricken liars.

3 Likes

Oh, my bad. Reading comprehension got the best of me.

1 Like

Might need to think what to do about Remulos players in classic era.

Do you want to play on a server with only 100 people? lmao

That’s what is going to happen when everyone goes over to TBC. Server merges had to happen to sustain healthy populations for Classic Era. Even cloners will not be active because their focus will be TBC for a while. Who would want to play in a ghost town server?

5 Likes

uhhh… Windseeker is a PvE realm. The rest of those are PvP.

1 Like

It seems you missed the RP realms. DD and Grob need to be connected. Might need to add some PvP servers to them as well.

Not sure what you will do with Bloodsail.

2 Likes

I started on Azuresong and it was the lowest populated server I think since it’s “newer”.
Glad to see it goes with Ateish, which is a lot more populated so it won’t having 5 people there lol.

Nice catch, by region/type/time that should be linked with Ashkandi, Mankrik, Pagle, Westfall, and dare I say Bloodsail Buccaneers.

1 Like

I’m fine with merges and ghost towns. Not with cross server crap.

3 Likes

You would rather lose all of your names in a race to take them instead of seeing -Stalagg or -Thalnos on the end of some names?

1 Like

This is a merger. This is how blizzard does mergers. its not CRZ

6 Likes

Fixed.

Dad realms unite!

16 Likes

Either you guys just completely missed the opportunity to improve the faction balance on PvP EST servers, or you’re purposely making them one sided so people will have to pay to transfer off.

How else do you end up putting every single alliance favored server in one group, and every single horde favored server in the other. There is no way that’s by accident.

19 Likes

i think connecting is good for Era but damn now my chars will be on like 90% horde PVP realms :frowning:

Why did you connect these ally heavy realms together and these horde heavy realms together? I don’t get it.

I also think these connections were already half done because I’ve been seeing my Herod characters names when trying to send mail since the 8 hour patch. I’m also going to be connected with my first server, the one I just mentioned… that I left.

4 Likes

You want to play on a dead realm? What is wrong with you?

1 Like

Y loatheb? :c

1 Like

The first grouping is fine, but some of these will be super imbalanced.

The last 2 groups in particular are basically mostly lopsided alliance realms grouped together or lopsided horde realms grouped together.

Feels like a bit of a missed opportunity to actually balance out populations, especially with Chronoboons in the game, griefing isn’t going to be as big of a problem in classic era realms.

1 Like