SoM realm question

Negative Ghost Rider.

2 Likes

No although it’s relevant to point out that for a very brief period it was possible in the Aussie region. It wasn’t intended and Bliz actually had to rollback that server to fix it.

1 Like

Well that sucks. All the classic era realms are dead :frowning:

Well som isn’t going to last for that much longer anyways

Is it a limited time thing?

I thought they were just realms with harder bosses

Well yes, the bosses are “harder”, but the server is already on p5, the gates aren’t open just yet and then after p6 the server ends and you can restart. There is no “tbc som”

Ah ok.

I wasn’t aware of that, thanks. Maybe I’ll just wait and start over with everyone else

“Season” of Mastery realms are seasonal meaning they are created with a set expiration date. At the end of the season, the servers will be permanently closed and characters that remain on it will be deleted. Players will have the option to transfer their SoM characters to an as-of-yet undisclosed Classic Era realm prior to this final closure.

Off-topic but in my opinion, this is the ONLY time a character migration is ever warranted.

Hmm I didn’t know that

Well now I’m not sure what to do.

Maybe I’ll just keep my character on a classic realm then. Are there any that are still alive? Most seem pretty abandoned :frowning:

Its a small community but its there.

Whitemane seems to be the NA hub atm, but multiple servers are linked into that cluster so any of those would work. Most of the time group content is actually planned on discords now because it can be difficult to find it naturally at this point.

Just kinda sucks because my realm is quite dead but transfers are still $25 for me

just roll on SoM
quest exp is now 100% bonus
you can get to 60 super quick and then join us in AQ40 :^)

not dead just small population come to either the whitemane or mankirk clusters its not as bad as u think. several naxx raids between these 2 severs horde and alliance

1 Like

aslong as u dont have the oppsing faction you can trasfer for free to whitemane or mankrk. you can also only go pvp-pvp and pve to pve for the free transfer

If you don’t mind sharing, what realm/faction were you playing?

Currently I have characters on Atiesh and Bigglesworth

Your Biggle toon should be connected to the Whiteman Cluster. Heres the bluepost about Era Realm Connections:

1 Like

Does that work like cross realm? Or is it just for instanced stuff?

Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, Thunderfury, and Whitemane all these realms are merged and that means they are all on the same server. u can join raids and guilds use ah mailbox everything with people from these realms as they are now on ur server

As Drdoom stated, Realm Connections are what blizzard does as an effective server merge. All players on connected realms can trade/guild/dungeon group/raid with each other.