Is classic worth playing?

Its absolutely not too late to join classic! I am loving Grobbulus Alliance and Horde …both are super busy, vibrant and exciting. (IMHO) The playstyle is so much fun compared to retail. you actually have to be careful levelling as mobs do damage lol.

An option for those finding it hard to find dungeon groups levelling is to dual box with a higher level character. XP is nerfed but at least you get to finish dungeons quests and get gear.

I believe Blizzard are still ok with this as I have never had action taken on my accounts for doing this.

I think as long as you are able to forget about the destination and enjoy the journey, it can be quite fun. There is a certain raw sandboxiness to it, which feels fresh compared to very streamlined retail. Especially the first time around.

For what it’s worth, I found it very worth playing and am incredibly happy I have the option to play both versions of WoW.

This is true, retail has a lot more QoL. In some cases, I do miss some of them in Classic - but in other cases, I feel the lack of QoL actually enhances the experience rather than worsens or detracts from it. YMMV, of course, but I do often find that too much QoL can end up taking some of the… “spirit”? I guess? away from an RPG.

If you can get past some of the lack of, though - or, like me, aren’t bothered/prefer it in some ways - it’s genuinely incredibly fun. Like remaining in Azeroth, yet getting an entirely different and equally fulfilling experience as you can find on Retail.

Never too late, imo - though I think Era is a bit more populated than WotLK is at the moment, especially with buzz about the upcoming HC servers happening.

it’s not.

/thread

Theres nothing nostalgic about it, maybe leveling a fresh toon when you dont have anything but thats about it

it is def worth playing…especially if you weren’t around back then, or just want a more social experience in general.

it’s a great MMO, and really easy!
:nerd_face:

If you can get into the groove of it, it’s worth it, but the pace is definitely different from retail.

I leveled a bit during a lull I think before DF. I made it to the 40’s, but it was good. I’m very tempted to go back, I’d really like to do Wrath again.

I personally would go for the Loremaster achieves moreso than doing endgame content, though it’s worth doing some just to get some gear to make it easier.

It certainly is but only for Vanilla and really only if they make a fresh realm. Wrath has been overtaken by parsers and gold farming, and the Era servers are difficult to find groups for specific dungeons.

hugs Saithis and wiggles toes
Should I rock a lock? Troll of course? Or should I do the alliance?

1 Like

I have plans to play Hardcore Classic when it launches.

Troll obv…Night elf if allies

I’m thinking about playing a little classic myself!
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Night elf can’t be warlocks. Maybe human or gnome?

1 Like

The value of classic, wrath and era, to me is seeing how things worked in the old days.

I am not even joking…I like vanilla paladin seal switching. wrath lacks that but its better than retail holy power to me.

It was combat rogue that started this journey…and why it got favored time share. Blizzard will never be forgiven for taking this away and giving us outlaw.

And SV hunter is not melee. I was not a fan of that call. And has stuff taken away later like black arrow.

also I like the talent trees. Df trees…can bite me. I like the points layout of classic to make better hybrids.

Give it go and see if for you. Its part of the sub so paid for even.

Wrath classic I’d jsut advise the mega’s if that route. lacking rdf/lfd…20K pop is better lfg luck than 3000 lol. also, they will fare the best if ICC has drops once beatenas ruby wasn’t loved the first time by all, so they leave.

Or some cata drops. Not wishing either…but it’s realistic to expect some will leave in either case.

classic era…cna’t help ya pick a home lol. I do blood sail era alliance for HC play. and its dabblings. I save era energy for the soon to come blizz dedicated HC.

Not anymore, magic gone

In a nutshell no way. It isn’t even like Vanilla.

I have no idea what server I should try. Are any pvp realms close in population?

1 Like

i’m not sure tbh…i need to go to a non-pvp realm with lots of allies on it though! I want to raid naxx as a classic andy!
:dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

1 Like

I would rogue if I can pvp too.

Though warlock can be fun in pvp as well. However, I am getting old. Maybe leaning towards pve.

wiggles toes

1 Like

Copy/pasting an earlier post I made for a quick rundown on the Classic Era realms. New/returning Classic players are often unaware of the full details and Blizzard doesn’t do a great job at making it readily available:

1 Like