Calling out Kaivax: "healthy populations" May '21

When is this again? Calling you and the team out because it’s been almost a year and absolutely nothing, again.

We are desperately recruiting every single player we can, not to our guild, but to our realm [cluster] regardless of which faction they choose. We post forum threads here, on mmo-champion, on wowhead, etc.

We stream on Twitch, YouTube, and regularly in various Discord servers. There are literally people who have went from 0 to affiliate with Twitch based ONLY on streaming 2-4 hour guild raids twice a week and sometimes some random PVP, not even a set schedule.

The demand is there. Capitalize on it – keep Classic Era alive. This is the single best opportunity you have had for a while with SOM ending. Many players are here and many more want to come back, but need guidance. Having 10 dead realms and a slew of misinformation via trendy copycat YouTubers who have no idea what they’re talking about isn’t helping.

Please Blizzard, help us help you put bread on your table and keep us here instead of good players just going off to play on private servers. They know not what they do…

7 Likes

Why are you not just merging servers for era at this point? We know you can do it pretty easily. Connected realms is really just a bandaid to the issue and yall are even failing with that blizz…

5 Likes

While the thread could have been phrased better, i agree somethings need to be polished for Classic Era.

1 Like

Not in a dire need to, but shall I say bump.

Why not just make two clusters. One for pvp and one for pve. I don’t know if the handful of people on rp want to continue being by themselves, but possibly just merge them with the others too. It kind of sounds like outside the mankrik and whitemane clusters the other clusters are dead, so at this point just connect them all.

3 Likes

What if they have plans to develop these servers with classic+. Merging them all might be a bad idea if millions of people come flooding back to play classic+. How would we log on? Lol

Never going to happen. We’ll never see millions of players or classic +. Gotta be realistic!

2 Likes

“You gotta believe, someone has to stand up for the people” -Lucio

I find a call out to be a touch excessive but there is definitely no harm in asking politely!

Kaivax, Era players need your assistance! Im sure this is no solo endeavor on your part but if you could carry our message to your Warchief and ask them to do the considering they were considering and perhaps consider acting on it, we would be forever in your debt.

As you are probably aware, a pair of clusters have a faction really getting the most out of what this splendid game has to offer and it would be really swell if all Era players can get in on the splendor that is World of Warcraft Classic! Even some kind of acknowledgement would warm this old orc’s hateful and cold heart and probably the rest of us as well. Help us!

On a more personal note, as Vice Warchief to Thrall on Mankrik my dear friends in LFG chat think that I have little power to influence such a landmark move and it is my hope to inspire them this Winter Veil with a gift that’s better than anything under that tree in Orgrimmar!

My thanks for your time friend!

Hatestrike
Vice Warchief of the Horde
Ashkandi Mankrik Pagle Wesfall Windseeker (AMPWW) Cluster.

4 Likes

I like your optimism for Classic+ but this specific issue was resolved with the retiring of the cloning service. That window has closed. All inactive copies have either been forcibly moved to wrath or retired.

1 Like

i dont really understand the complaint. yah there are dead era servers but so what, just ignore them.

if you want pvp, go whitemane cluster
if you want pve, go mankrik cluster
if you want hardcore mode, go bloodsail buccaneers (i guess, haven’t tried this yet lol)

There is nothing wrong with the realm clusters as they stand now. Mankrik cluster definitely doesn’t want to play on the whitemane cluster. Bloodsail cluster should remain separate from the others because it’s defacto hardcore and popping off.

1 Like

You’re forgetting the PvP east. That’s 13 realms that were needlessly split into two separate clusters of 5 and 8 from the start. Let’s also not forget the folks that have abused free transfers to continually mule resources off the lower pop realms to Whitemane/Mankrik.

The initiative Blizzard demonstrated at the start of tbc prepatch was promising, but they have since neglected their role as groundskeeper for these realms.

3 Likes

I don’t think a “call out” is negative in anyway. Am I putting him on the spot? You darn right I am – it’s been almost a year! We are asking them to make good on their word, reminding him in hopes of an update.

Although I did start off a little more on the brash side, I confess, I mellowed out by the end.

Kaivax, this would be the best gift of all this Christmas. Just a word of intention or acknowledgement.

Thank you for you and your team – Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Blizz probably can’t connect East and West realms, so we are stuck with a mish-mash of groups.

It would be great if all the PVE realms were merged into Mankrik and all the PVP realms merged into Whitemane. It would still be low population, but decent enough.

A merger of the era realms would also simplify things if/when Blizz launches a fresh SOM/Classic.

1 Like

Be aware that Era players used to be able to transfer to Mankrik or Whitemane for free (depending on their source realm). This isn’t currently the case. Why that is points to a bigger issue that the OP is pointing out. Allow me to elaborate.

We’re paying for a game that is not being actively developed or supported.

That’s the reality of it.
The GM’s are clueless as to what’s going on, as are most devs.

Now the point of this version of the game is NOT to have any new developments, so that’s fine, but it IS supposed to be supported since it requires an active paid account.

They need to make Era free, or give people the support they are paying for.

And NO, one scrap a year from a list pointed out at the start OVER A YEAR AGO does not constitute or fulfill a legal obligation to support one’s software. Anyone suggesting otherwise, is making such claims in bad faith.

2 Likes

Hail friends of the Classicverse!

I have noticed some discussion involving Classic Era and interest appears to be growing across all clusters and the forums! This is fantastic news but more work needs to be done and we cannot do it alone.

Blizzard! Please consider further realm connectivity so I have more subjects errr uhhmm I mean friends to traverse Azeroth with! We need your help!

My thanks in advance! LOK’TAR OGAR!

Hatestrike
Vice Warchief of the Horde
Ashkandi Mankrik Pagle Wesfall Windseeker (AMPWW) Cluster.

1 Like

This is a very good set of points.

I do not play retail.

I do not want retail.

I would gladly pay $15 for Classic if it was actively maintained and supported.

Since it is not, I feel that a separate subscription service is the best solution: either make Classic $7.50 a month to include all Classic realms from Era to WLK or remove Era from the current package and release it for free.

1 Like