Classic Server's left to rot

What’s the point of having 41 server’s all in the Low population?

Why even keep this many up when a HUGE super back in the day like whine-mane has 2 maybe three people tops in stormwind on off hours, I’ve been leveling in classic just to level in classic, TBC has burnt me out a little bit and I never had the chance to play classic.

In my time of leveling on Whitemane I think I ran into two people, one of them was a bot I’m pretty sure and the other person was a bank toon, cause it had “(persons name) bank” was the name of the toon LMAO.

Its pretty dang sad, I know a lot of people don’t want to raid molten core for the 500th time over the course of 5 years but I still think there is people who might wanna be like “yeah i wanna try classic out” and having 41 (low pop) servers doesn’t look good at all to ANYONE.

I think there might be a coding issue with how the server’s work, like TBC characters are connected to the old classic servers so if you were to try to reduce the amount of classic realms to help the small pops in each 41 server’s it would also effect people playing TBC, or maybe not who knows.

1 Like

Are you talking about classic era?

I think there are only really 6 “servers” because many of them are connected.

1 Like

I don’t feel like looking, but I think the old servers still exist and can be accessed. I know my server was never connected, and even though they later gave free realm transfers because it was so dead, I had already decided not to bother with TBC because of the cash grab cloning debacle.

well then what’s the point of having all the other ones, just give the players and option to transfer to those “6” servers instead of having 41 low pop ones, it looks really bad for out siders and trying to get some friends to be like “screw it lets play classic” it looks bad because every single server is low pop.

The dead servers probably don’t cost much to run compared to the high pop servers.

Really? You honestly think that?

Doesn’t matter if the server has 100 people or 100K, if it costs X amount per month to run it, then it will be X amount per month. The number of people on the server has no bearing on such a thing.

I logged into my Classic toon’s server a couple of weeks ago, that was once considered full, and SW was dead lol. There were maybe 2 or 3 people in the square. It was nuts. I’ve literally never seen the game that dead

You honestly don’t think they get charged by how much bandwidth they’re using?

Players pay $15 per month to play the game.
If they server transfer to a new server, that’s an extra $25.
If they have to transfer 4 characters, that’s an easy hundred bucks.

Keeping failed servers encourages players to transfer off of them.

When you see a server that’s 99% horde and 1% alliance that isn’t because the server started at 1/99. It’s because as it became polarized players of the lower faction started transferring off, and others started transferring in.

Why would they limit their free money generating dead servers?