I think it would be worth consolidating Classic servers

Particularly for Vanilla, I feel like there are probably just too many servers. I think by consolidating those into fewer servers, I think you’d probably have a much healthier player-base as a whole.

It’s probably too late to do anything about it now, but I still would be extremely interested in having a few TBC Classic servers. It would be awesome to be able to play whatever version you liked best.

2 Likes

They are already consolidated into 6 clusters.

I suppose they could tighten that down to 2: Normal and PVP. Not sure about OCE then… or East/West.

1 Like

I suppose, being less informed about how “clusters” work, that… just sounds a bit confusing/complicated?

1 Like

I guess it probably is. Clusters means they are connected realms and act as a single realm, but without making people change their names. So you have Maldazzar-Whitemane, for example.

It’s a bit of a messy situation. Consolidation should have happened earlier and there have been calls for 1 pvp and 1 pve server (Rp realms left untouched). However, the reality is that now that Blizz have left clusters open for so long, multiple people have characters of both factions on different servers on each cluster. So much so that Blizz didn’t account for something like Horde SoM pvprs wanting to transfer to Era where they already have an Alliance or two on Whitemane. Best we can hope for now is consolidation into one pve cluster and one pvp cluster (Rp realms left untouched). Also, Era would thrive better if there was unification between EU, NA, and Oceanic. However Blizz doesn’t even want to do that for retail, so Era might be SoL. Which is weird because PTR servers are global, though. So I don’t know what tech issues Blizz is having aside from deciding who gets the short stick with ping.

1 Like