SoM was a failure

Fresh wrath seems like a great idea, if they wouldn’t allow transfers and boosts after 3 months. To me that kind of kills the whole idea… of having a fresh server. Back in the day I would have been a bit more denigrating about something like this but I appreciate Blizz for helping us at least have a classic experience.

Yep. They make the expansion available, but that’s about it

If I want to reroll on Classic Era, where do I begin? Are there official discords? I will always be a Classic Forever fan. Currently play retail as well and might level something in TBC Classic for Wrath Classic.

2 Likes

make an alliance toon on the pagle or mankirk cluster it has the best leveling population

How do I know what servers make up those clusters, and of those servers, how do I know which has the highest pop? Is this info anywhere?

Thank you!

• Ashkandi, Mankrik, Pagle, Westfall, and Windseeker these are all the servers linked to the mankirk/pagle cluster sorry if u misunderstood but its all 1 realm. so all these realms are essientially 1 realm and u can see/join guilds/mail/use AH with anyone on any of these realms as they are all linked

lots of copium saying SOM was successful and did well with one server on life support lol.

2 Likes

Maybe if you read one persons posts. The majority of people are well aware SOM within the metric of fresh was not successful. Doesn’t mean that the games not fun for the people who are playing it. Some of us learned to manage our expectation with blizzard a long time ago.

2 Likes

Of course people have fun. But it won’t be fun for long once the 3000 players you have left turns into 300

Of course, it’s not something anyone will surprised by.

1 Like

Yeah it kinda is just literally one person defending som. Nobody takes them seriously

1 Like

And then what? lol its like why? The som isnt really ground breaking anything. i would have liked to see blizzard take some risks and make some real changes. Recycling this over and over is lame.

he still seems to get a few upvotes though for some reason for all his troll posts

I liked the changes they made for SoM, but it was definitely not a success, lack of players.

Yeah, just other cappers and copers

1 Like

from the bluepost detailing their realm connections/clusters:

Go level on whitemane alliance. Its far more populated than the RP ones. Go on the classic era pvp discord u find everything u need there.

I’ve been playing SoM steadily since release on both factions. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it an the community as short as it was at times. The state of the game is dead for horde with a weak to moderate pulse for alliance between JG and Shadowstrike. There were 80 horde online above lvl 51 between the 3 most popular servers tonight (JG, SS, & Barman) meanwhile there were over 400 alliance above lvl 51 on JG alone and over 200 alliance above lvl 51 on Shadowstrike at the same time.

My biggest complaint of SoM is Blizz continually makes way too many servers because people cry “my name is everything”. In a seasonal game it’s all about the experience and people and freedom to do what you want whether dungeons, questing, raid, bg’s, wpvp, or ranking. The fact they released ten servers for a niche market as it was is why it was dead on arrival. People couldn’t fill groups or raid or dungeon as the player base was too small divided. Some rerolled before Xfers but many also quit because they fell behind the curve.

Each community collapsed quickly as player base diminished and the two dominate servers took over via transfer. I like the changes they made to the game personally but if we are afforded an SoM 2 there should be 3 servers for US Max. 1 east PvP 1 west PVP 1 Central PVE. That would of kept more longevity of the player base.

Also giving us AI or same faction to fill bgs’ would help. SoM wound up as 10 to 1 Alliance to Horde. I know that because I played and continue to play both on the two most popular servers.

1 Like

I would also love to see another version of season of mastery made available with a fresh start like they did before. I know I repeatedly run into a brick wall over and over but MAN the leveling experience is just too fun and I wanna do it again. I mean, I still play it!

OFC we could still stay on the old wow classic servers but Blizzard is the arbiter for the love of the game. I am hopeful to still get Blizzard’s support on this.

1 Like

SoM was a good concept but they just screwed up the implementation because they actually don’t know what players want. They listened to the people who were the loudest instead of understanding what the majority of classic players actually like.

Classic players just want fresh with some QOL improvements and not harder raids. Only the min-maxing spergs want harder raids. No normal classic enjoyer wants very difficult raids in classic.

Classic is about chilling with friends and having fun not farming consumes for an entire week for 1 raid.

This is why most people didn’t play SoM.

Also the timing was bad because of TBC being relatively new.

Wrath fresh is going to be what SoM should have been.

1 Like