Season 2 When?

It’s been almost one year to the date since SoM launched. WotLK is in raid log mode. Dragonflight doesn’t appeal to classic nerds like myself. And there is even an unnamed classic private server launching soon.

Seems like the perfect time to announce the next classic season. An announcement would shut down that private server before it even has a chance to get going. WotLK players will have something to do after they log on 2 hours per week to clear easymode Naxx. And while it would overlap with Dragonflight, retail doesn’t have much overlap with SoM players anyway.

Season 2 WHEN???

5 Likes

100% agree. I would rather run SoM season 2 than play dragonflight. An for the love of goodness please consolidate the servers. Right now there is 41 classic era servers when in reality there should be 5 max.

1 Like

next fresh when??

1 Like

era suffers from mudflation and multi-boxing

time for a new season… that wave of world pvp while everyone is leveling up is the best part of WoW

maybe don’t put BG in so fast this time… they are fun, but battlegrounds kill world pvp and end up being a PvE stepping stone for a lot of really bad PvPers that change the game to a zerg/afk fest just for pvp gear anyway. Rank 14 circle jerk etc

2 Likes

You just gotta put BGs in at a timing where r14 can’t be achieved before bwl launch. If you wait till late bwl game is doa

2 Likes

Yeah, if they do it right, MC and BWL become the progression path for those capable of maintaining 40 bros.

Arcanite Reaper becomes the PvP progression… so us non-raiders can enjoy axe spec for a bit at least.

I’m sure there are a lot of raiders that would rather be doing PvE, than ruining AV with a ‘lol who cares’ attitude. Right?!

…not to mention, those of us who like world pvp don’t feel obligated to Afk Valley while there are ppl queing.

Videogames are supposed to be fun, and early BG makes everyone play a way they don’t want to play. Battlegrounds were not available at OG launch or even close to it anyway.

Arcanite reaper I’m afraid will never be meta because of blizzard stance on perma 1.12. The go to will always be wait till AV and get TUF.

This could be fixed by releasing av at a later date but it’ll never happen

Gone are the days of necropile set etc because of 1.12, half the game is butchered on launch always but with the right changes it can be ok

1 Like

Season two of what?

S2 of vanilla dying immediately

I crafted an arcanite reaper on SoM. It’s better for cleaving in raids on an orc warrior with windfury than TUF. +5 weapon skill for axes is big.

Not allowing world buffs in raids actually gave two handers a real niche. Dual wield scales so well that you wouldn’t have bothered in classic. Even just getting a couple world buffs pushes dual wield to the point of ridiculousness. SoM felt a lot more true to the game and how it was originally designed.

Also, PvP at launch was one of my favorite changes. Ranking up while leveling is fun.

1 Like

This has happened:

I don’t actually want world buffs for raids. I want to strip everyone else of theirs.

Much as I want Season 2 to start, best to wait until after Ulduar. Otherwise once that drops everyone will just go back to that then never return because “lol season 2 dead game.”

Once folks see TotC they’ll be begging for Season 2.

The majority of players hit 60 and quit before seriously getting into raiding, no matter when it gets released. That’s just how it goes with this game.

And that’s totally fine. It doesn’t matter to me if you’d rather raid Ulduar than Molten Core. The people who like classic will stick with classic. WotLK is no replacement for Azeroth.