CLASSIC ERA- Just a Walk!

Alright Lads I have some questions, I want to set forth and complete all the quests in Classic Era on the Alliance! A Tall Order, but an excellent side occupation as 1. it’s always there, 2. Little Updates, and 3. it’s level 60 which is a level I’ve managed once before in Classic Era.
So here’s my questions.

1. As an Alliance Lad (Before I was on the horde) which server should I choose? I dislike pvp servers, but Populations seem quite low, and whenever I get to doing a dungeon, I want there to be someone around.
  2. Is it worth it? Better said, you don’t know if blizz has any plans to smack these servers do you? I already know it’ll be worth it cuz I want to do it, question is should I if something is going to happen.
  3. Got any class Ideas? I leveled a Rogue before, and a Hunter through TBC and into WOTLK alongside a DK. And while I want to remain familiar in some aspects, I also want to try something new! So what do you think? I don’t want to heal, but I’m open to anything else! I tried warlock and got halfway too before I left classic era.

Edits upon Embarking:

1. 12/20/2022: So, I forgot all the servers are more or less combined; I know not if this means you can cross-server dungeon, but nonetheless I started a Paladin, as it seems quite defensible and has heals to take care of myself in solo content. I would go Warlock or Mage, but I’ve been a caster so many times in Classic, I want to change it up! If there’s one thing I wish, I wish there was BTWQuest for Classic Zones! Would love to do quest chains as they’re meant to be done!
1 Like

Instanced PvP battlegrounds are the only true Cross-Realmed content is in Classic Era. All realms within a geographic region (North America, for example) queue up for the same BGs no matter the realm type. PvE realms will queue with PvP/RP realms and Eastcoast will queue with Westcoast. This has been the case ever since the release of phase 2 content.

Realm Connections is what’s being referred to when players mention different clusters. These were implemented at the start of tbc prepatch and function as permanent links between realms of a given ruleset/timzeone. The realms inside a given cluster are effectively merged and players within the same cluster can fully trade/group/guild/raid/etc. with one another. Below is a piece of the bluepost detailing which realms are in which cluster:

Common names for the above clusters are given based on their ruleset/timezone:
PvP West
Oceanic
PvE East
PvE West
PvP East 1
PvP East 2

In terms of population, the PvP West and PvE East clusters will likely be the largest due to the free transfers they received. The other, smaller clusters host some dedicated communities. RP realms were exempted from realm connections. The RP-PvP server of Bloodsail Buckaneers is currently hosting a large portion of the ‘Hardcore’ ruleset community.

3 Likes

I would say pagle/mankirk/ashkandi is good for stuff. However if you want to do all quests you will need to clear naxx. As for class ideas classes that can heal are expected to heal, so, the other thing is if swords are your choice of weapon, people will expect you to roll human.

The talents are sort of set, but if your making a character to raid, you might want herbing and either mining or skinning to get the potions you will probably need.

1 allince on mankrik is a solid population

2blizzard has said classic era will always be around

3 i recommend u play warrior

Whitemane (US).

It is the central hub of the cluster and the most popular of both the east and west clusters. The only other option might be Mankrik, but I doubt they have the population we have which is still less than ideal, but better than anywhere else. 100%.

1 Like