Wouldn’t Cross-Realm Servers solve all our issues?

Ironforge doesn’t keep track of Era clusters. The tool you’re using for evaluation isn’t applicable. More to the point, you still have failed to bring up any downside to using connections for the smaller realms.

And Era clusters have no bearing to this topic either, you brought up merges and I have direct proof of actually being on the server and coming back to it when it died only to have them merge it.

I’m done talking about Era realms, if you wish to continue then speak on the actual topic. I don’t care if they did server merges or connections or whatever buzzword PR Blizzard decided to go with to clean up dead servers to save face for that fact that Era servers died.

When, not in classic era, was it merged? Do you mean deleted?

May 21st of this year is when they announced the connections, my server in specific had 10 people on it back at the end of 2021 when I came back.

IF.Pro shows you old data to that time period, it’s archived.

The servers they connected on that post you linked me were all long dead before they got put into that cluster, they did it to save face and clean up old dead servers. It had no bearing on the actual server issues we are facing today.

There is no shot they will connect a 5k realm right now to a Benediction, that is off the table completely.

The entire premise of what you came in with has no bearing on the reality of our situation at all.

link please, mine was for the CLASSIC ERA realms in 2021. When was the progression server blamuaex merged/connected?

Each of those connections they made to the bigger servers, those servers for the most part had died long before they decided to connect them.

It wasn’t connecting them to benefit them, it was connecting them to rid the game of empty servers so people wouldn’t log in and think the game is dead.

Them dissolving servers and merging them and renaming them “connections” has the be the most obvious PR move i’ve ever seen them make lol.

the tbc progression realms never got any realm connections. So I ask you again:

Blameux is not a TBC progression realm, it was an Era realm. Again, I will say this one more time you can easily go look up the archived data on IF.Pro, less than 10 people logged in by the end of 2021.

In May 21st they announced Blameux was one of the servers to be connected to the bigger server group.

This is like taking a dead body and shoving it under the rug and hoping no one cares or talks about it.

And this is why I said you are using a faulty tool in your evaluation. Blaumeux’s final timepoint (https://ironforge.pro/population/classic/Blaumeux/) at the end of November in 2021 is a total of 168. At this point, it was already connected with 9 other realms. Some of those realms are Classic Era Whitemane, Bigglesworth which IFP HAS NO DATA FOR. You’re grossly underrepresenting the data that’s present and ignoring the mound that is absent. The connections worked and breathed new life into the game.

You said yourself your cluster doesn’t have a big enough population to raid anything beyond UBRS… Stop spouting nonsense.

1 Like

Yeah i’m kinda done responding to that guy lol, just read this:

Like what??

In what world does any of this have relevance to the main topic at hand.

1 Like

Haha yeah I have argued with him before on the forums, his era delusion is insane.

You first claimed less than 10, was off by an order of magnitude, and then ignore the fact that there are 9 other realms whose pools haven’t been accurately recorded by IFP that contribute to that cluster’s pool. You’re making baseless claims and sourcing incomplete data sets to weave your sophistry.

Blizz, you gave us cross-realm BGs, now time to give us cross-realm RDF. Thanks!

You’re arguing for something to be implemented because it “worked” for era. Your cluster doesn’t even have a population big enough to run 20 man content. Small tbc pops still have several thousand players actively raiding.

You couldn’t anyways. The only thing you could do cross server is your character role. There was no actual interaction possible.

Toss a ` at both ends and you can in a box

like this

That’s why I came back. They CRZ/Connect BSB and all my accounts are gone forever blizz will never get me back. I like my server, have no issues finding a party at any time of day, and the AH works just fine. Seeing the same people run after run, getting a whisper when a raid from a guild you ran a dungeon with a month ago needs a fill-in, chatting with the same 3am crew night after night…

Take that away and I’m out permanently.

There pretty much aren’t servers anymore on retail. “Servers” are just character ID tags for the system so there aren’t name conflicts. After the character select screen you end up where you land. This shard, that one, hey invite me over there so we can see each other for this trade!

2 Likes

If cross realms and RDF came would those of you oppose it, quit?

1 Like

Hopefully, these people who are Anti-RFD and Anti-Cross Realm straight up don’t even care about what they’re saying, they just want to troll.

Just wondering why Blizzard has nothing to say on this post, one of the most active in the entire community. Just silence, no one cares. I’ll repeat myself again, I did another meeting with a few friends tonight, everyone is playing in a different server and there is no possible solution for us to play together, why not? because Blizzard want it that way.

A reminder for you Blizzard if you’re not aware yet - We wanted to play the game WITH friends, FINISHING the content and NOT having to spend 2 hours of queue - Right now it’s impossible to achieve these aspects at all in any server!

1 Like

How does crossrealm destroy interactions when it opens the realms of how many more people you can talk with

1 Like