Rushed content pacing is awful

If you do just world content sure. Mythic plus is plenty fun when you try to push 23s or higher.

But if you sit and do world quests and +5s then yeah id quit after a week.

I just picked up Retail about a week ago, after a 3 year break from it. It does feel like they’ve pushed more for single-player style progression through the campaign quests, but on the flip side, there’s been some pretty decent amounts of WPVP, which I hadn’t really expected with WM.

I’ve still got most of the ZM quests to get through, but then I think I’ll be finished all of the campaign quests, and be able to equip 2 legendaries.

Anyway, I have mixed feelings on the content release speed. I enjoyed WoW Classic a lot though. TBC Classic, I think I had the most fun during the beta.

Its all about the quick cash grabs, these expansions are going to get killed in the end so you all move on to the next hype. They intentionally left so many empty servers up in classic when they launched tbc so people quit it. they merged way later to say they did it but was to late, i was there and was waiting for mergers or free transfers it never happened and i quit, mergers/transfers happened afterwards when i wasnt playing.

They connected with TBC launch, that wasn’t way later.

Sorry but i was watching very closely, they did a massive merger like 6 months later. people cried on the forums months after release, what are you a blizzard shill? emp?, a blizz ai bot?

it was the 18th of may, same day as prepatch.

Yeah it wasnt enough, we cried about it on the forums for a long time. i’m not stupid. We got a second merger like 6 months later

Nothing would be enough, SoM would have sealed it either way.

Also the reason they’re not keeping TBC, there’s no point, no one will play it.

have 4 servers up after tbc would of been enough. SOM destroyed classic, yeah tbc will die

I have seen private server ( i dont play them) 10 years old+ that has 5-15k players, 2-3k on at all time

only server I know of that old with that listed population fakes their numbers, and is a wrath server.

Ive seen youtube videos of a packed dalaran, it seems plausible

It’s not dead or anything, but it’s not 10k people on at once, i play on it.

no not at once for sure, i’m just saying if blizz/acti/micro would get thier act together instead of trying to lure people into what they want us to play we could have a great any expansion

First time playing tbc at 26yrs and I got no nostalgia goggles for Classic and its Xpacs and in my honest opinion:

GOOD.

TBC sucks.

1 Like

TBC is one of those expansions where the box art, the story/quests lines, all make you feel like Illidan is the last boss. A lot of people in my guild aren’t interested in sunwell at all cause it feels like we’ve already beaten the game. I’m overall fine with them rushing sunwell. The raid isn’t very fun and we already know that the gear will just get replaced between level 75 and 80.

It takes all types. World content is boring because it is so easy. U r claiming running the same dungeons over and over keeps you fr getting bored.

Take what you like about mythic dungeons and out some of that in the open world and there would be more variety.

I like the dificulty if mythics. When they introduced mythics at first it was a great idea. Finally getting back to hard instances like what we had in tbc. But they went and added the speed race into it. I dont care for trying to speed through dungeons. A lot of ppl do, again, it takes all types. I just never got into the whole speed clearing thing. I think it was bad for the game. Requiring more and more, perfect comps.

2 Likes

As someone who’s played since day 1 the pacing has worked great for me. I never really wanted 6 months of every phase.

I think it has gone too fast, Phase 4 was rushed. I hope Phase 5 lasts at least 4-5 months before wotlk prepatch.

I think muru will be nerfed within a month