Got the vanilla itch! Where to go?

I’ve been playing mostly wrath and some DF but I just got the vanilla itch! Is whitemane the most populated server? Or does it even matter which realm. Hopefully we can get SOM 2 or a fresh soon :sob:

1 Like

yea whitemane or mankrik horde or alliance. mankrik alliance has highest population but is pve

3 Likes

It certainly matters. Choosing which realm you play on will have the largest impact on your overall game experience. There are a number of communities in Classic Era for PvE, PvP, and RP realms. Each have their own identity, and I would recommend rolling a level 1 on various clusters to get a feel for the culture each has to offer. For PvE/PvP, the realm clusters including Mankrik/Whitemane, respectively, will have the largest population. This is due to them being assigned free transfers from other Classic Era realms of the same ruleset. There is also a recent surge in population on the RP-PvP realm of Bloodsail Buckaneers. It’s largely comprised of players participating in a ‘hardcore’ playstyle (zero deaths/ “death = delete”).

Which server is the PvP cluster ? I am interested. I was on a PvE realm and thst was a mistake

whitemane cluster for PvP

1 Like

Is it horde or alliance dominated? I intend to role the minority faction

There are a number of Classic Era PvP clusters. I’ll repost this snip from a Blue detailing which realms belong to which clusters:

Whitemane (+9other realms) comprise the NA PvP West
Benediction (+4other realms) comprise the NA PvP East 1
Earthfury (+7other realms) comprise the NA PvP East 2
Bloodsail Buckaneers is its own RP-PvP realm (no connections)

I myself play Horde in the PvP East 1 cluster. It’s certainly a smaller community than the free transfer realms but it’s the native home of my guildies so I’ll happily be their mascot on the forums. Above all though, I would stress taking your time with choosing where you want to play in order to find the spot that best fits the experience you want from the game.

1 Like

Both factions seem to be fairly balanced on Whitemane cluster. Just try it out. Lots of lvling players and it’s easy to run dungeons.

3 Likes