Will Classic Era servers stay up? Wanting to try them

I love TBC/Wrath but I never got a 60 solo, back then. That said, long as I don’t expect to Raid, is it probably safe to start a fresh toon on the classic era servers or will they close ?

We’re still here. Many of the realms have been connected based on timezone.

I would reccomend rolling a level 1 on any prospective realm cluster and chatting with the locals. See which place fits best for you.

2 Likes

If you’re looking at PvP realms, Whitemane cluster is perfect, where Mankrik manages PvE realms.

There is still an active community who raids, if you’re keen for that.

For further info:

1 Like

are there no raiders in the whitemane cluster? is it all PvPers?
I’m gonna have to transfer somewhere when SoM ends. I’m mostly a raider. should I go for Mankirk? :expressionless:

There is raiding being done (regularly) on Whitemane.

The definition of PvP & PvE is on the realm type, and not limited on activity.

2 Likes

Classic Vanilla came with the promise that it would always be available. Classic TBC did not.

Classic era servers exist. TBC era servers do not. Draw your own conclusions.

The upside is there is essentially ONE pve cluster and ONE pvp cluster. Whichever you choose, you will be in the same community as everyone else. Reputation will matter.

1 Like

When is there going to be a new classic fresh? They should do freshes every 6 months. It’s the only time worth playing.

This is the exact reason to never cave to the fresh crowd.

1 Like

How’s the Horde population? I’m playing TBC Classic now but thinking of playing a vanilla character there.

That doesn’t make any sense. If you enjoy servers that just last forever then stay on your server that lasts forever. People that like freshes should have a seasonal option. Repeated live service seasons or ladders is extremely popular in the gaming world. If you don’t enjoy it, then just stay in your ghost town server.

More uninformed or deliberately deceptive nonsense. Until Blizzard can demonstrate competance with maintaining their current realms, they needn’t spread themselves any thinner chasing after fairweather support.

Not an argument. It’s a multi-billion dollar company. Them being stingy with resources has nothing to do with what they should release and shouldn’t release. They can easily allocate enough resources. As much as you wish that was a rational argument.

You will get a better idea of each faction/cluster’s identity by logging in as a level 1 and asking the locals you see in the /who list. That’s honestly the best way to find out. But if you want info about em off these forums, you would do best to specify which timezone and realm type (PvE/PvP).

1 Like

You know of any realm pop site that’s accurate? My TBC classic server (Mankrik) is awesome for Horde so would be nice to find something similar on vanilla

While they certainly have the available resources, which btw wasn’t my argument, they arent using them. Hence, until they can demonstrate competance in doing so, they need not compound their workload with further projects.

Basically you’re saying it shouldn’t be done because Blizzard isn’t going to do a good job of it. Total speculation and not an argument.

I don’t think they do a good job with pretty much any of their games today. Using your logic, all of their games should thus be shut down immediately. Nonsensical.

In reality, all arguments against new freshes come down to one legitimate reason - “I don’t want my current ghost town to get even more ghost town-like, so all players should be forced to play the way I like”. That’s it. Every other reason to stand against it is an excuse to not admit this fact.

Found this post on the guilds of PvE Era East (Mankrik’s cluster):

Again reductive thinking. I am not outright against the creation of seasonal realms if, under the hypothetical circumstance, Blizzard is actively maintaining their permanent servers. The reality is seasonals dont fix anything with the game itself. They distract players (and the devs that monitor them) from addressing core problems with the game. So until Blizzard starts demonstrating competance in addressing those issues, they dont need any more distractions.

You made a lot of claims without any proof to back them up be on your own personal conjecture and speculation. You are saying the reason that these things are not addressed is because their resources are spread too thin. You have to prove that the reason behind this is not because they are artificially just stingy in whatever they do, but instead have a cap of resources that they must abide to, that if surpassed would diminish each project’s allocation.

You haven’t proven that these are the conditions we are facing. So you have no argument. You have to prove that this capped pool of resources is a constant.

You have to prove that adding another project to Blizzard’s portfolio means that resources will be thinned instead of simply increased. Until you can prove this, you have no poin and no argument. Just another person afraid of their ghost town getting more ghost town like and trying to do anything they can to avoid having to state that fact as the reason behind their opinion.

That’s fine m8, continue burying your head in the sand if you want.