Possibly complicated Vanilla question?

So I missed the train when they first launched vanilla classic (new baby, yay!) now my life has stabilized a bit and I’ve been wanting to try vanilla and possibly transfer into burning crusade and who knows maybe wrath after… from what I have read this doesen’t seem possible ? It seems i would have to just start inside the Burning Crusade? If thats not possible is there a good server to go experience vanilla classic ? Everyone seems to tell me its not worth it and dead but I figure I would come to the forums and ask you guys! What do I do?! Am I doomed forever ??

It is currently not possible to move from a 1-60 (Classic Era) server to a 1-70 (TBCC) server. All TBCC realms are scheduled to be progressed into WOTLKC (1-80). The available options are to either roll a toon on Classic Era or TBC (soon to be WOTLK). Best of Luck finding a place to play and congrats on the kiddo!

As far as Vanilla goes, theres been a number of attempts to consolidate their much smaller playerbase. The Classic Era realms have been ‘connected’ (Blizzard’s term for a merge) based on timezone & server type (PvE/PvP).

You will find the majority of Classic Era players concentrated in the NA West for PvP and NA East for PvE. This is because Blizzard has established free transfers for Classic Era toons onto destination realms in these Clusters: Whitemane for PvP and Mankrik for PvE. (Free Character Transfers Now Available -- WoW Classic Era)

Some friends and I remain on our native realm cluster in the NA PvP East (Benediction/Faerlina/Heartseeker/Incendius/Netherwind). Our cluster is smaller but we actively do dungeons and are helping the lowbies gear up. Battlegrounds for Classic Era are Cross-Realmed, meaning that every Classic Era player is in the same queue for instanced PvP. These typically only fire off on Fridays/Weekends. If you have any questions, ask away!

1 Like

Is anyone aware of classic vanilla realms that still do raiding and dungeons ?

Sorry I just added a wall of text in my edit at you.

Yes, the more populated realms (Whitemane NA PvP West Cluster and Mankrik NA PvE East Cluster) are actively raiding all content. As for my own cluster, we are not there yet. We have some epic raid geared/r13-14 players but the majority of us are either starting fresh or returning to toons that never reached 60. The goal for us in our smaller boat is to pursue gear upgrades in dungeons/high-end crafting and then make our way into 20man content once we have a comfortable number of players.

Ah okay cool! So you guys are just in Vanilla ?

Yes, the realms I have described are the Classic Era (1-60) variants. There are also tbcc versions of these realms with the same name but those are accessed via the tbc client.