Why current GDKP is bad in Era

This selfless saint stance is such a copout.

“If you dont spend every moment of your wow gameplay helping noobs for years to come without ever furthering your own goals you’re just an an evil and selfish player”

Get over yourself dude

3 Likes

IK the pro-AH Raiders like to THINK I’m “anti-AH Raiding”, when I’m not.

AH Raiding (like everything else in life) is NOT “bad” in and of itself. It’s HOW people use such tools is what I care about.

I don’t like what the AH Raiders STAND for/represent. It’s ALL the same tune “I’m getting paid” or “I’m not gonna leave empty handed”. While pretending like you’re actually interested in “helping other people”.

“Helping people” does NOT require the helper “getting something in return”. I’m so tired of AH Raiding being dishonestly represented in such a way!

They are helping their pockets. Thats always important.

Youll have to forgive him. His realm doesnt have enough people to form an AQ20 let alone a 40 man raid.

1 Like

I did for past classic (2019 classic, SoM) and burned out eventually. Not everyone has infinite time and patience, especially when people being helped end up being greedy and ungrateful. It only took a few occasions of dishonest losers spitting on the goodwill of other raiders for me to move that time into real-life volunteering, which is a much better demonstration of that “alien idea” I somehow don’t understand.

It’s unlikely these people have raided extensively or played to the point of burning out. Maybe running some casual MC raids for a few weeks and experiencing that honeymoon phase, not 8 months of loot drama and obligation to strangers who rarely return favors when needed.

1 Like

Its a shared sub so I guess you do too.

I don’t play retail tho. But I do play an actual version of Classic unlike you and your 20 person population server

Dang, even despitebeings realm grew.

Not at all.

Yes, you do: level 80, Blood Elf, Death Knight, Retailer.

You still can play GDKP without gold, I can see Blizzards is talkling action against those gold workshops, many ppl been ban.

Since 2019 I have personally only heard of one person getting banned for buying gold. He was made fun of in our guild. Can’t say if I remember any other guild saying if any of their members got banned as well.

I have heard of a lot of people getting banned for misconduct and what not. I was given a couple of days off cuz I cursed someone off in a bg. lol

No way in hell do I believe blizzard banning 100k+ people.

Welcome to Classic!

Blizzard has let it get this bad because they want to release a Vanilla Era Coin.

It is no secret, and it is no joke.

They are a publicly traded company, and would be failing their stock holders if they DIDNT promote GDKP/gold buying.

2 Likes

they wouldn’t dare :expressionless:

LOL

Douglas verse Ford

Google it
120 year old court case that requires publicly traded companies to ONLY care about the share holders investment

They will.
Because they are a company that sells product, and the ONLY classic era product is a server xfer.

People no longer server xfer because they now have clusters. Before that, people transferred realm to realm constantly

What makes you think they WONT release a classic era coin? Your $15 every 30 days is NOTHING compared to the hundreds a whale will spend

1 Like

Trust me, that’s not true. Player-elected transfers should be abolished wholesale though. The only legitimate use for a transfer is for moving characters off realms slated for deletion.

I play on Whitemane, which is the only classic PvP cluster (I think)

There is no where for me to run :confused:

Maybe an RP PvP server? Lol

Not at all!

Reposting for visibility (other non free Xfer realm clusters include the NA PvE West & OCE PvP):
The 13 PvP East realms are made up of 2 separate clusters of 5 and 8 realms:

I play Horde with my guildies in the 5 realm cluster on the PvP East (Incendius and its 4 sister realms).

Oh dang you killed him with that one

Max level in retail is 70, dum dum

Raiding through AQ40 and Naxx doesn’t require gdkp if you’re a good player. I’d like to see classic era survive but in its current form the clock is ticking. GDKP and Boosting causes a hard % of new player base to quit once they see LFG. Without a growing player base eventually Microsoft will pull the plug, I give it two years at most. Even current Devs know this which is why SOM2 / Classic+ will come out long before that happens. As soon as SOM2 / Classic + comes out classic era will become a ghost town.

1 Like

Cool story

1 Like