Classic Era Ideas

Heres and idea…Nobody cares, classic era will never work. The only possibility for it working is to have events that rotate for example have a AQ 1 time a year in january where a Heroic version of the raid comes out with upgraded loot. That would give people a reason to play it but with a stale end game with no new stuff to try and attain or goals in anyway it will never work. Every 3 months they release the old raids again and again and just make them harder and upgraded gear and people have a reason to play.

add season of masterys difficult raids into classic era after som as heroic mode having heroic drop more loot from some bosses. also make debuff limit toggleable on and off leaving it on will also give more loot.

Most players have 60s and only log into them to raid. Nobody farms or makes alts anymore because of the lack of support from the rest of the players base, i.e. no equipment or supplies available on the AH.
The only solution I think would work, is 1 new PVP server and 1 new PVE server. Everyone would start new characters and the AH would fill up again. Then Blizz just needs to leave them alone. I support your suggestion for seasonal events.

You don’t need the AH to farm OR to level.

1 Like

No, you don’t “need” it. But its a lot more fun and interesting, which is the point of playing a game. Without the AH, the game feels like a single player with online chat.

they should merge all the realms down to 1 pve and 1 pvp and bring us tbc merging all tbc era realms to 1 pvp and 1 pve. give us reoccurring aq and naxx events yearly. make the clone price go on sale very often and down to under 5$ sometimes. som raids in era as heroic and debuff limit toggleable on or off increasing ur loot drops. and repeatable wb drop quest.

1 Like

My cluster’s AH is certainly sparse but it does get used. Typically I post supplies on there that my guildies could use once they make a request in disc/gchat. I used to post goods sporadically but I’ve been burned a few too many times by non-guildies taking advantage of the considerably reduced prices I set for the items.

Also, I’m 5 Dings away from leveling my 5th lv.60 and I’ll probably finally level a healer once I finish with him!

2 Likes

Doing all of these along with 1 fresh server for each expansion that would feed into Classic Era would bea good idea, I think everyone going into Wrath from TBC is a good thing. At that point the classic community will really start to get spread out pretty thin imo. Having Classic Era as a museum for vanilla is a good idea, but I don’t think they should have Forever servers for each expansion or the population just won’t be enough, especially if the community end up wanting Cataclysm after Wrath

not having wrath or tbc era realms only subtracts from the community makes it so players cant play how they want i was hoping to play vanilla tbc and wrath over many years prob will end up quitting sometime during wrath because playing tbc or wrath is pointless to me unless theres gonna be era realms

Well I can confirm to you I am farming and leveling alts. I don’t need support. Actually I love leveling while farming.

That’s a poor elf analysis. Obviously SOM is new so there is a hype. Should think about hat

You mad ?

1 Like

As opposed to the 6 sections they currently have?

In your opinion, would that make much of a difference?

I can understand that man, I think there’s definitely people that would want to stay in tbc and especially people that would want to stay in Wrath. I just worry about server population, I think it might be a good idea to have people playing 1 Xpac at a time so the game always has an enjoyable amount of population but idk 🤷 I feel like merging all the Era servers into 1 server and leaving 1 server in TBC, Maybe a couple servers they could end up merging later on, but I really think theyd be able to get away with just 1 server and not have queue times but also just a guess really.

Not really.

classic era has a playable population on 1 pvp and 1 pve server clusters and people still log onto some other realms if they were to merge classic era down to 1 pvp and 1 pve realm the population could be really great especially after season of mastery ends. i think 1 pvp and 1 pve realm for tbc era is all it needs to thrive. i think theres somewhere around 1000ish players that still play classic era na and i think tbc era could have the same amount.

1 Like

You must have missed the hype around the hardcore mode of play.
One doesn’t, though, have to abide by death=delete to have fun with a challenge of playing the game without using the auction house or boosting or handouts from a main. Using just drops or quest rewards can be fun. Maximizing your choice of professions to help yourself along. There’s a lot to be said for self sufficiency.

There’s not just one way to play.

I never said there was only one way to play. And I am entirely self sufficient. The point of my post was to explain reasons why a lot of poeple who want to play don’t. And that is because many of the aspects of the game that people enjoy are simply unusable. So to your point, there are even less ways to play now due to the low population that is a result of blizzard doing what they said they wouldn’t.

Yes I’m sure you are but my post was to confirm that the auction house condition is not what is keeping other people from playing. HC folk are not hampered by that at all for example. What else have you done as a part of the community to bring people in as it appears at this time that Blizz is content to sit on their hands?

That was the point. Appeal to people and be aware they may value other ways to play.

edit To pass the time until Wrath drops, a friend and I rolled anew on an Era server. We don’t need or use the AH and are having a good time. We’ve run across high levels that have offered numerous times to run us though dungeons, give us items/gold and I’m sure that’s in the attempt to keep us playing. It’s been nice to see and we’ve thanked them but are going to do this on our own. We picked a server that neither of us had established characters on specifically for this purpose. Do I believe that everyone wants to play this way? Of course not. But it is viable and possible.

For current Era realms just merge everyone onto 1 pvp and 1 pve server.

If theyre not gonna go full classic + (big mistake Blizz) then just do random, bonus events. End game dungeon bosses drop twice the loot one weekend, have a world boss spawn in the barrens, hold some kind of special pvp event in gurubashi arena and on and on. So many things you could do.

2 Likes

Hell they probably need to do that for BC, Wrath, and SoM as well at this point. The players have pretty much self-sorted into 2-6 servers anyway.

Now that I think about it, my concern is that there is only one way to play. You make your character. Then you quest, level, and farm almost entirely alone, or have someone boost you. Then, you try to find someone to do end game content with. I’ve always enjoyed the dynamic of leveling my characters as I progress through the BG tiers. Right now, only the lvl 60 tiers are active one night a week maybe. I find that pretty sad and disappointing. I’d really like to see every aspect of this game being enjoyed. Without something to motivate people to level new characters the way the game intended (no boosting) in large numbers, I don’t see how classic era will get out of the very narrow and limited play style that its currently stuck in. I hope I’m wrong.