What server for horde?

I played at vanilla and am back for the nostalgia. My server is dead - what’s the most populated server for a horde? TY

They’re ALL dead except for where Blizzard wants you to go to.

Have a look at https://ironforge.pro/population/tbc/?locale=US to get an idea based on raid logs from a couple weeks ago (it’s updated every couple of weeks).

It’s not a perfect representation of population, but it’s a decent gauge.

Thank you - I see 1,000 total on shadowstrike (200 horde) at peak - yikes. Are there plans to combine? Is it worth leveling? This looks fun but lonely

Is a Season of Mastery server that will be ending in November with the option to move to either Classic Era (forever the base game) or the option to go to a progression server which are currently in Burning Crusade and moving to Wrath.

Which version of Classic are you wanting to plsy?

Cho’Gall

The answer for “which server” is always Cho’Gall…even if you’re Alliance…especially if you’re Alliance…and regardless of which version of WoW.

Thank you . I want to remain in classic - and I’d rather a population than a temp xp boost - where do I transfer to?

I recently replied to a similar thread asking about Classic Era realms. Below is a Copy/Paste of that response:

Classic Era are the realms you’re looking for. They are dedicated to not progressing down any of retail’s past expansions. Many of the Classic Era realms have been ‘connected’ (blizzard’s version of merging) according to timezone region/server type.

Additionally, blizzard has opened free transfers to Mankrik in the PvE East Cluster and Whitemane in the PvP West Cluster.

Those realms (and the ones they are connected to) are in all likelyhood the most populated for a given faction/server type. I play Horde on the PvP East Cluster holding together Benediction/Faerlina/Heartseeker/Incendius/Netherwind.

Good Luck and if you have any questions, ask away!

3 Likes

Either Whitemane (PvP) or Mankrik (PvE) in Classic Era (permanent classic) or Jom Gabbar in Season of Mastery, which will end in a few months and you can transfer to Classic Era at that time.

3 Likes

For clarity, playing on (For PvP) Whitemane or the realms it is connected to (Anathema, Arcanite Reaper, Bigglesworth, Blaumeux, Fairbanks, Kurinnaxx, Rattlegore, Smolderweb, or Thunderfury) will have the same result since those 10 realms are effectively merged.

Similarly, playing on (For PvE) Mankrik or Ashkandi, Pagle, Westfall, or Windseeker will be identical since those 5 realms are connected.

2 Likes

pagle has a large pop.

So if you are talking about old school classic. max level 60 classic then whitemane or mankrik are your only options.

One more thing: Solely for the purposes of Instanced PvP/Battlegrounds (Alterac Valley, Arathi Basin, Warsong Gulch) ALL of the NA realm clusters are combined/Cross-Realmed (Idk if OCE is included or not). So no matter where you play Classic Era, everyone will play together and have the same queues for BGs.

Classic Era communities usually sync their queues for BGs around the fridays/weekends. There is a specific discord for that sorta thing. I don’t have the link but perhaps someone else can provide it.

1 Like

As someone who plays TBCC exclusively but has been wanting to roll another toon on a classic era server again, this was really helpful. Thanks to all who contributed to this. I was confused about the mergers but now I know what I’ll be doing.

2 Likes

For Classic Era, Despitebeing has got you covered.
Great rundown.

Check it out, Dugor, and best of luck.

3 Likes

So thanks all, I’ve been soloing as a Tauren
hunter like back in the day and my plan is to ride out the solo leveling in my SOM server and then switch to classic when it ends in a few months to group for raids.

This way I capture benefits of leveling on SOM and get groups when needed - thanks all!

1 Like