Merge the Servers Already!

I see what you’re saying. They effectively accomplish the same thing, yes.

Interesting point. But yes, that could also work, though having actual servers that are dynamically added/removed to support the currently online population could have control structures in place, such that it would be possible to regulate faction balance, if such is deemed viable (and yes, it would be possible on server clusters, too).

I suppose “pointless” is a matter of perspective. Taking the long road to create a technically much more complex and difficult system that ends up accomplishing roughly “the same” as a much, much simpler approach may be “pointful.”

The reason why I say its pointless is because Blizzard already has this technology, and uses it in Retail. It’s not the true mega server yet, but it’s clusters of super servers all able to interact seamlessly without issue.

What you’re asking for is CRZ and Layering.

1 Like

As well as Classic Era. There are server clusters.

The snowball is building as it rolls down the mountain. At some point they won’t be able to stop it and it will probably kill TBC. People will only take so much

2 Likes

There’s no cross realm play whatsoever, except for BGs. Just because they’re using the same platform doesn’t mean they’re using CRZ. Layering yes (though mostly turned off now) but all those layers are on the same server.

1 Like

Servers we combined into server clusters a few months back:

If you look at the top of this forum it says “Burning Crusade”, not “WoW Classic”. I assumed by “Classic Era” you meant TBC Classic. It’s always been possible, and was a big worry that they would in the first place, but they haven’t done it in what everyone talks about now as ‘Classic’.

So yes, the technology exists, is completely usable, and wouldn’t require your arbitrary server separation.

Classic Era is what WoW Classic is now called.

Arbitrary server separation? Well, we have somewhat different perspectives, experience and understanding of technology, and the game.

In any case, it doesn’t seem like we’re having much of a discussion anymore.

You literally kept repeating people moving between servers. Now that you’re arguing that my point is right you can try to pretend you weren’t suggesting an alternative to CRZ, but the history is above.

Your point is uninformed. As apparently are your opinions. That has become evident.

In any case, you’re welcome to your opinion. Mine has already been stated clearly.

It’s actually adorable that people think blizzard will step in to save lower pop servers.

They won’t do anything because they have already claimed it to be a player made issue.

I think you misspelled “correct”.

If they were to merge servers, it would be via CRZ, not some sort of arbitrary “moving between servers” nonsense you were talking about.

We have the technology. We can rebuild it.

1 Like

You’re both wrong they aren’t merging anything.

Player made issue

Quit paying the transfers. Cancel your subscriptions and leave feedback. Force the developers to do something already. We are more powerful in numbers if we all fight back

I never said they were. I said if they were going to, they have all the technology already, and they don’t need to have any sort of ad-hoc server transferring nonsense created specifically for it.

1 Like

It would have to be one normal and one pvp. I’ve always played on rp servers I prefer them. But at this point I’d like to see BB merged with a pve server since it’s the only rp server. It’s that hard even for a holy priest to find groups there.

2 Likes

When whole guilds transfer off a server it’s not the players who didn’t transfer that caused the dead server. They’re left with also transferring off as the only solution to a MMO on a server without enough players to function as a MMO.

1 Like

You can preach this from the top of a mountain until you’re blue in the face, the fact is blizzard is on record saying faction and server populations are player made issues.

You not agreeing with it is irrelevant.

They may have said that at one point or another but as server populations declined after wrath they dealt with the low pop realms with “merged” servers. That they called it connected realms is just verbal garbage. It was a merge in that Connected realms behave as if they are one cohesive realm, meaning players are able to join the same guilds, trade and access a single shared Auction House

Sure the blizzard back then was the company we all loved and even then they barely stepped in to save servers.

This version of blizzard is the blizzard that said faction and server balance are player made issues, I promise you they will not lift a finger to do anything.

I’m not saying I agree with them, I’m simply just stating what their stance has been from what they have said.