Why would you want to play classic if servers are dead

They merged your servers as best as they could so they wouldn’t all die a slow death as any server perpetually stuck on late end game progression does. Don’t blame Blizzard for that

Classic right now feels way more like Vanilla than it did before. Boosters, bots, cheaters, and toxic players have more or less left. It’s actually really nice and everyone in classic right now likes it a lot better too. It’s low pop but our server still does Naxx and even pre Naxx raids. Dungeons are common too, surprisingly

4 Likes

Yeah, the topics have been kind of both on the two forums, but this forum (The Burning Crusade Classic Discussion) is more geared towards TBC discussion not why you would stay on Classic (Era).
This poster may have made more threads on this, I wouldn’t doubt it. I think they made this one as some sort of “I told you so” but my answers are the same.
Glad you and I agree on #3 Quèb, it’s always nice to have someone who does. :slight_smile:

If there is a reroll project and once I’ve had my fill with TBC I will probably make a new character on a CE realm.

I think they should have just moved everyone to TBC and rolled out like, 3 or 4 fresh servers. There are a lot of people who like fresh and doing the 1-60 progression all over again (me included). But we have what we have. Kinda iffy jumping into a CE realm where everyone there is 60 and has BiS and lots of gold. But we’ll see how things shake out. Mad respect for CE players salute

1 Like

They didn’t merge anyting and that’s exactly why I’m reaaly angry about Blizzard right now. At least they should give me a choice.

1 Like

RP realms since they cannot be merged with other base PVE or base PVP servers are mostly stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Do you merge the rp-pve and rp pvp together?
Do you merge rp-pvp in with non rp pvp realms?
Do you merge the rp-pve in with all the pve realms?

But don’t say they haven’t merged anything as most realms in classic are in fact merged. It’s just referred to as “connected” because your character doesn’t move anywhere.

Like I said, they should give me a choice.

I’m all alone on my “rp” realm. I can’t do anything interesting. No one is there. That’s what I’m talking about.

Don’t need full realms to RP - but if you want a fuller realm I suggest one of the realms in the post from Blizzard

Sure, but I can’t move right now so I’m in a ghost realm

and I shouldn’t have to pay to move

could re roll

well the goal to stay classic was to stay with my characters that farm xxxx hours to get there, not to reroll honestly

then transfer them once transfers are up and running

Don’t take this wrong, it’s not a counter or arguing just a thought.

But I feel like people will be saying the exact same things about BC/WLK whenever we get past the content on their last phases. “Oh it is good for what it is, but it had so many problems etc etc”.

People treated Classic like it was going to be the best thing ever and how it would be perfect etc, sure there was acknowledgements of where it was lacking but even then no one thought to say “Eh it will be good for what it is, low pop etc” And I get it, it was new at the time in some sense as well as a long awaited return, but I just feel like when BC and WLK get to their same ends as Classic did, people will likely be saying nearly identical things.

I mean you’re not wrong. WOTLK did have some issues, but it depends on your point of view. I found dungeons extremely easy, and LFD make it even moreso. Getting badge gear was substantially easier than TBC as well. Other than gearing and LFD, WOTLK was about as solid as it gets for an expansion. DK’s were overtuned and overplayed, but thats to be expected with a ‘hero’ class launch.

I’m sure TBC will have its issues once its all said and done. I started in TBC so I never got to experience vanilla, but playing classic left a very bad taste in my mouth. I have to say, I didn’t really enjoy it. Itemization is absolutely terrible, and half the classes/specs were just useless. PvP was a joke due to no resilience, etc. But I will say, the year/era that vanilla came out and the game itself, I’m sure it was mindblowingly good walking into an MMO for the first time, and the world is vast and full of adventure. They did good for the time and experience they had.

The issue is that TBC era servers will have the same issue. Everyone will move to Wrath and some people will clone chars, and there’ll be like 20 people on the TBC era servers.

That’s just the reality of what happens after 6 months of farming the final tier. People just want to see new content and all the guilds move on so people move on with their friends.

I just don’t think this situation is manageable.

Something more manageable would be if they create new reroll servers that stop at a certain era. i.e. Classic era new servers or TBC era new servers (after Wrath starts).

I do agree here, to a certain extent. TBC still has a reason to play, and the same reason that people are playing TBC this time around but skipped on vanilla. Arena. I think TBC will have a bigger playerbase than vanilla simply because of arena. But you’re right, the majority will go to WOTLK. As we know, WOTLK is when subs were highest, so most people returning are probably impatiently waiting for wrath. I personally think the WOTLK launch is gonna be the biggest launch wow has ever seen.

personally I think blizz should take a hard stance on no TBC forever realms.

imo open classic fresh -> choice to enter tbc or move over to classic forever.

the realms that are tbc will then merge into “wrath forever”

every 3 years new classic fresh will open.

tho personally I don’t even want wotlk servers but a lot of retail people do so it will happen. I would be pleased as punch if it was just fresh classic to TBC back to classic fresh on a years long seasonal cycle.

Its a sticky situation

Yeah I think the only “forever” servers that will have a big population are likely WOTLK.

TBC and classic just don’t feel like natural stopping points for most guilds/players interested in progression.

I can see tons of people cloning TBC chars but then going to spend 99% of their next year on WoW in WOTLK. How does that make TBC work? You have the same problem classic era has now.

At least with TBC, arenas are playable with just 2/3/5 so that’s at least something TBC has going for it.

Classic PVP doesn’t work as well when there’s only a few dozen playing WSG and that’s it.

1 Like

I guess, it if happens.

Vanilla is dead.
Hail to TBC.