Why release classic season in the middle of TBC?

There’s already a row of mostly empty classic realms. Blizzard somehow looks at this and thinks, “clearly we need more classic realms.” Keep in mind that they do practically nothing to help realm populations as well.

I mean, they’ve basically already connected the servers as much as they can on classic. There’s basically and east coast pve, east coast pvp, west coast pve, and west coast pvp server and then the RP servers (because those people flip their lids if they get connected).

Don’t know what else they could really do, there’s just no one playing classic. Whole point of the season is to bring people back into it.

1 Like

They need to merge realms or close many of them down and give free transfers off.

connecting is merging without player name issues.

1 Like

Beyond cross realm BGs, there is no connection between them.

In classic? Yes there is, they connected most of the realms to each other during TBC prepatch maintenance

1 Like

Lady you are arguing something that is totally unrelated to my point. I’m not even gonna bother with you after this comment lmao

The answer is simple, money. Bring players back that aren’t subscribed now, and hope to keep them in as long as possible. This strategy worked well with Everquest progression servers, release new servers on a yearly / quarterly cadence, offer some perks and changes to bring back new/existing subscriptions.

Holly Longdale was a big part of this strategy for the Everquest progression servers. For those that aren’t aware, she is now the Lead Developer of Classic World of Warcraft. These servers are designed to positively impact revenue streams and drip feed existing content with minimal developer cost to the playerbase. Cashing in on the nostalgia of a games player base is an effective strategy, with minimal risks to the development team.

Be prepared for announcements like these new Classic servers every 6 months or so. This will be the new normal for WoW Classic, until the demand becomes minimal. Wrath of the Lich King surely will introduce new servers and content experiences similar to these for years to come, as players are quite fond of WoTLK.

It’s up to you to decide if this is worth your $15 a month or not.

1 Like

I know a lot of people who love the way everquest does their prog servers.

1 Like

I don’t think Blizzard cares all that much about diluting the communities. They only care about the total number of subscribers between all versions of WoW.

As a side note, one of the great contradictions of WoW is that when a new xpac is released, everyone RUSHES to get the leveling and pre-raid part of the game overwith. But then when they are done with that, they get bored and raid log and subs decline.

And then a new xpac (or now fresh servers) gets released and subscriptions and participation booms again. It’s almost like the leveling and pre-raid part of the game is the best part of the game, so why do so many rush (or boost) to get it overwith? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

That’s basically every MMO, you get your boosts during new content and you lulls when people finish that content.

firby go away you already have one post like this going.

1 Like

I would imagine it is a way to retain the fresh crowd and to retain players that will, or are already going to private servers. But their current model for fresh is not optimal imo.

IDK, seemed pretty good to me

I would of liked to see a compromise on world buffs with boons at least. No world buffs imo kills speedrunning.

Add all the health you want, add all the removed mechanics you want. The content was never, and never will be, hard. Unless you tune raids and mechanics by 5x and add brand new mechanics.

They’re not trying to make it harder, they’re trying to rebalance it for removing debuff limitations.

That is one of the many things yes.

I never did wbuffs in the first place so I don’t really care about that honestly, but that single change of removing debuff limitation to me changes the whole dynamic.

I still think fury warriors reign supreme. Some of the other classes will do more damage sure. And their gameplay will be a bit more fun. But min/maxers will always go back to the highest performing class. No world buffs just make it less enjoyable.

1 Like