I really want to play classic but... ( repost )

Ok do me a favor please just ignore any post i write. Just don’t respond, don’t read it and just ignore it. Don’t even respond to this. I won’t ever respond to anything you ever write again.

2 Likes

Sorry, no can do.

Would a hug help, friend?

1 Like

No. The real problem is this belief in server “communities”

Someone says the word and blames everything wrong with the game on how great the old game was becaue of the “communities” then it gets repeated like liberal news channels repeating a catch phrase of the day.

There should be one server with layered zones. I dont need to see that one guy that hangs out on the bridge in IF every day to enjoy the game. I do need to have other people playing the damn game though.

Ppl need to stop thinking they know everything. Just because something changed doesnt mean it is the reason that the game got worse. One example, before classic launched, everyone said lfd and dual spec are reasons people stopped playing wow after 10 years. Then in tbc classic the servers were full and people were begging for lfd tool and dual spec. Blizz listend to the people that said it would ruin the game. Guess what. Tbc classic is a ghost town now because they didnt listen.

Why doesnt anyone ever say that subs started dropping because they stopped allowing people to make twinks? And yes by not allowing them to join normal bgs is the same thing. Nobody says that though. They just assume server transfers being allowed killed subs, or paid mounts or transmog. Anything they were told by a disgruntled streamer must be the reason why.

1 Like

Do you have a point to make or are you just rambling? Transfers have had a net negative effect on this game. Take any realm’s player population data over time and observe the destruction character migrations have been directly responsible in causing.

Possibly. But i think it was other stuff they ignored that caused ppl to quit. That made the servers shrink to the point that the remaining players transferred. The transfering isnt was caused the mass exit though. It was a result if the servers already dieing from somthing else.

If you would like to have a discussion without telling someone that has a diffetent opinion they are rambling then consider this.

Server transfer would maintain the total subs. The people are just playing in a different location.

Server transfer from a dead server is a result if lack of players because so many people have quit. So which is it? Is the total population the same or less?

The population doesnt decrease because of a transfer. It stays exactly the same. So if the population has gone down, then it has to be because of other reasons.

The Total population doesnt change but the individual realms’ do. The rest should be obvious.

Or because so many players have transferred. This is what I was talking about when I mentioned timelines of realm player populations. There is a pattern of mass transfers to a realm followed by natives tranferring off while the ones that remained on the refugees’ original realm quit.

three months
thug life

1 Like

I’m (still) having fun with som. but they really gotta do something about the server situation. I’m worried we dont get another fresh. same goes for the era realms tbh. i really dont know why theyre so allergic to condensing all the servers and having the old server names be like “surnames” “server names” heh

1 Like

What realm should i play for A and H? Would love to give classic a whirl again.

For PVP - Whitemane and for PVE - Mankrik or any of the servers linked to them. There are free transfers from other realms to these two servers that are already connected to others. The list of the connected realms is here:

The free transfers have been active for quite some time and they may be considering further consolidation once the seasonal server is shut down and anyone wanting to preserve their character from the Season of Mastery will migrate to an Era server/s yet to be named. It’s a good bet however that Whitemane and Mankrik will be the destinations.

Good luck to you.

1 Like

Blizzard doomed the original realms with the way they handled crusade’s release. Most do not want to pay a ransom (I’m sorry, “fee”) to have their character on both versions. This means we picked crusade and left classic behind. Assuming the fee is removed or we just paid it and came back, they have another problem. None of your work is saved past the 1 save date they picked. Anything you do past that date cannot be taken to crusade, even if the character is new or never went there. So anything you do in classic now will poof if you move to crusade. You can’t even take the character if it’s a new one made after the save date. What they COULD have done is let everyone move when WE wanted. Many would have preferred to stay in classic, finish raiding all the content, then move later, but guess what, if you do that, not only do you lose ALL your work after the save date, but you’re paying a fee as well. No thanks.

To help with all the realms dying they simply connected them, offered free transfers for some, then moved on. Season of mastery is just insulting, will never play it, not going to cry for most of its realms dying too.

I’m sure crusade will follow classic to the dumpster next but we’ll be in northrend at that point. I’m hoping to have all crusade content done by then so there will be no need to stick around or ever come back. I never finished classic but Naxx is reused in wrath anyway. You basically get a pass on that one so long as you’ve done AQ20/40 (which I have, actually killed cthun on 2 dif chars).

1 Like

I agree with this, heck most of my old guild would have waited to go into TBC until after clearing the content from classic first.

I wish we could get blizz to come up with a solution.

I am hoping around April 19th they will have some more info.

Ok. What is the significance of the 19th. I missed the memo.

New expansion is gonna be announced so i am hoping they have other news.

1 Like

There may have been ways to exploit if you could have stayed. I dont see it as big of an issue like you do.

Oh, trust me, Drain knows ALL about exploiting.

1 Like

In my honest opinion the greatest thing that’s hurt Classic Era is NEGLECT.

Classic’s success was a mirror held up to the face of Blizzard that forced them to realize the ongoing failure of Retail and who was actually responsible.

That resulted in loss of morale. Mix that with what the lawsuit (and accompanying events) holding up another mirror and you have complete demoralization.

I bet most the male devs there now feel locked into working there, with other job opportunities blocked out now with companies like… “noooo thanks we don’t want any of the MALE employees from there after what we heard about ya’ll, but we’ll take some of your female ones.”

And every time they look at Classic Era it’s just a painful reminder they don’t want to look at. But instead of recognizing this, they let the ‘marketing’ lie of ‘not worth the financial investment of resources’ be the reason.

But ya know… Why is there so few people on Era? Who made the decision to put in a clone fee? So why are they still listening to these same people that Steve Jobs previously indicated are the bane of company longevity and prosperity?

They should be following their hearts instead. Not the marketing monkeys.

1 Like

Coming from my experience and my experience alone, unfortunately classic era will never be as successful as retail, I’m sure even you saw the drones flock to tbc classic when it came out and after awhile they went straight back to retail. As a classic player myself, the current generation of gamers think of us as a laughing stock to the gaming community. That’s where the issue lies because Blizzard knows this, they have the statistic spreadsheet in front of them. They know that they’ll make more money focusing on retail and in return it leaves the classic players feel neglected.