September 14, 2020
Ruins of Ahn’Qiraj
- Fixed an issue that caused Ossirian the Unscarred to not reset correctly when quickly engaging back into combat.
August 28, 2020
- Fixed a bug that unintentionally allowed Combustion to apply a permanent buff to crit chance.
August 7, 2020
- The Qiraji Hilt, Qiraji Drape, and Qiraji Ring quest items are now tradeable and will no longer stack.
- Developers’ note: In order to enable the ability to trade to eligible looters within 2 hours of looting the Qiraji hilts, drapes, and rings, we’ve removed the ability to stack multiples of them. Additionally, only one of these items are needed for the non-repeatable quest so there’s no reason for them to stack.
August 5, 2020
- Fixed a bug that prevented Frost Wands from weakening Viscidus in Temple of Ahn’Qiraj.
August 4, 2020
- The Blue Scepter Shard, Green Scepter Shard, and Red Scepter Shard quest items are now Epic quality.
- Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on the Scepter Shard quest items to Epic (purple) so that they’ll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.
- Fixed an issue that caused C’Thun within Temple of Ahn’Qiraj to incorrectly delay casting Eye Beam when engaging in combat.
August 3, 2020
- Lefty within Blackrock Depths should now inflict damage with his Five Fat Finger Exploding Heart Technique.
July 31, 2020
- The Ectoplasmic Distiller quest item no longer generates threat.
- Developers’ note: Ordinarily we err on the side of authenticity when it comes to clever use of mechanics in Classic, even if we believe the original development team would have made a change given the same information we now have. The Ectoplasmic Distiller presents a rare exception mainly due to its severity: this new discovery of an unintended mechanic would completely trivialize most threat gameplay in raids for the remainder of Classic if left unchecked, including upcoming bosses in Ahn’Qiraj and Naxxramas.
- The pages for the quest “Draconic for Dummies” are now Epic quality.
- Developers’ note: We’re changing the item quality on “Draconic for Dummies” quest pages to Epic (purple) so that they’ll be easier to distribute to the correct person in raids using Group Loot or Master Looter.
July 29, 2020
- Attacking Anachronos now flags you for PvP.
July 28, 2020
- Baristolth of the Shifting Sands now respawns slightly faster, and attacking Baristolth now flags you for PvP.
July 24, 2020
- Fixed a bug that could allow stacked periodic auras such as Ignite to persist past their final tick.
July 22, 2020
- On a realm that is currently layered, turning in Head of Onyxia, Head of Nefarian, Head of Rend Blackhand, or Heart of Hakkar will now start the event dialogue for each layer in which the NPC is currently alive.
July 17, 2020
- Casting animations should no longer break when briefly pausing in between spell casts.
- Using Sap on Overlord Runthak, Major Mattingly, or Field Marshal Afrasiabi during their event dialogue no longer prevents the Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer buff from being applied.
- [ With regional restarts ] Resolved some issues that could prevent Tyrion from offering quests.
July 8, 2020
- Time-based instance limits are now enforced per-character.
- Developers’ notes: The newer limit of 30 instances in a 24-hour period is an extension of the 5 instances per hour limit, which was tracked per-realm since it was first implemented in 2005. The intention behind both of these restrictions is to reduce the profits for new bots when they first come online and haven’t been removed yet. We’ve concluded that a per-character limit will be just as effective, while being less restrictive to legitimate players who have multiple characters on the same realm.
June 22, 2020
- The combat log range has been increased for players who are inside dungeons and raids.
- Developers’ notes: This was originally planned for the next patch (1.13.5), but we wanted to gain its benefits in the live game as soon as possible. The combat log range in the open world remains restricted to prevent a larger radius of stealth detection than existed in original WoW.
June 19, 2020
- Blade of Eternal Darkness will no longer proc from non-damaging spells.
- Developers’ notes: In original WoW patch 1.12.1, we fixed some misbehavior with Blade of Eternal Darkness that unfortunately got carried into WoW Classic. We fixed it again in the WoW Classic AQ patch (1.13.5), but decided to go ahead and bring the fix to the live game.
- 40-player raid instances are no longer affected by the 30-per-day limit on entering dungeons.
- Developers’ notes: We have seen only a small handful of legitimate players encountering the recently added instance limit, but we want to ensure that anyone who does hit the cap is still able to freely participate in raid content.
June 16, 2020
- You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
- Developers’ note: We’re implementing this change as part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay. This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm. These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
June 9, 2020
- Fixed an issue that would cause a Dragon of Nightmare to spawn again shortly after its death.
June 5, 2020
- More world buffs have been added to the Advanced Combat Log and will now be recorded when starting a raid encounter.
June 4, 2020
- When using Advanced Combat Logging, the presence of various world buffs (e.g. Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer) will now be consistently recorded when starting a raid encounter.
- Players who are interacting with their mailbox or bank can no longer be interrupted by trade requests.
May 28, 2020
- Black Lotus now spawns more often and can appear in many new locations.
- Black Lotus cannot be seen on-screen or on the minimap by players who are dead, unless they have Herbalism at level 300 or higher.
- In Warsong Gulch, several locations outside of the intended play area have been blocked off.
May 12, 2020
- Fixed a bug that caused some players to be returned to an incorrect location when leaving a War Game.
May 5, 2020
- Players will now receive a raid lockout warning instead of immediately accepting a raid lockout when entering Zul’Gurub with a party member who has defeated Gahz’ranka.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from receiving the correct amount of Cenarion Circle reputation from killing the Abyssal High Council while in a raid.
April 28, 2020
- In the Americas region, battleground holidays now start at the same time for all realms.
- Developers’ notes: While this is a change to how original WoW worked, with battlegroups of realms including only realms that were in the same time zone, it allows us to treat US-East and US-West realms as a single battlegroup for the purposes of matchmaking. Players on US-East realms will now begin and end their battleground holidays three hours later than before.
- Players can now undelete characters on locked realms, if the character is available for undeletion.
- Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause fewer than all four Dragons of Nightmare to spawn as intended.
- Many item enchantments now stack with certain items that provide an identical buff.
- Many item enchantments that previously took up a hidden buff slot no longer consume a hidden buff slot.
April 15, 2020
- The exit portals for Arathi Basin and Alterac Valley have been disabled.
March 9, 2020
- Characters under level 30 can no longer enter Maraudon by using the Scepter of Celebras.
March 5, 2020
- The Item Restoration self-service system now retains information on disposed of Uncommon and Rare quality items for 30 days (was 7 days for Uncommon quality items, 15 days for Rare quality items). This hotfix is not retroactive and will not apply to any items for which the retention period has already expired.
February 24, 2020
- Razorgore the Untamed now only saves players to the raid instance if defeated after the eggs have been destroyed.
February 18, 2020
- Fixed an issue that could cause the player to disconnect from the game while waiting in a long queue for a Battleground.
February 12, 2020
Razorgore the Untamed
- Fixed an issue where Nefarian’s troops would sometimes continue attacking the group after Razorgore’s eggs were destroyed.
- Razorgore the Untamed
February 11, 2020
- Battleground scoreboards no longer list the enemy team until your entire team has clicked Enter Battleground. The scoreboard remains visible for everyone once the battleground has started.
January 27, 2020
- Quest credit for “Elune’s Blessing” should now be granted more consistently.
January 24, 2020
- Players in Alterac Valley with the Honorless Target buff will no longer grant loot.
January 14, 2020
- Alterac Valley
- Spirit Guides in the starting caves now apply Honorless Target to the players they resurrect.
January 7, 2020
- Somnus will no longer become stuck evading when he is kited a great distance.
- Fixed a bug that caused /stopattack and /startattack macros to pause the swing timer (rather than reset it) when used with abilities such as Slam.
December 20, 2019
- [With realm restarts] Paladins should no longer lose stacks of Reckoning if they are not facing their target or are out of range to attack the target when the Reckoning stacks are gained.
November 22, 2019
- The appropriate “Membership Card Renewal” quests will now be available to players who swap their Engineering specialization.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented enemies from dropping threat on Rogues after they used Vanish.
- The in-game combat log radius has been fixed, and now only displays information for units that are within 50 yards of the player.
- Developers’ note: This change better reflects the original behavior of WoW 1.12, and should eliminate the ability for addons to extend players’ senses and detect enemy actions at a greater distance than intended. This fix does not affect text logs that the game outputs for raid parses.
November 13, 2019
- The Windsor’s Frenzy buff is again properly restricted to the small area around Marshal Windsor.
- Developers’ note: This correction restores the buff’s functionality to its original 1.12 behavior.
November 12, 2019
- The guards in Gadgetzan, Booty Bay, and Everlook now have a significantly longer range on their ranged attacks.
- Developers’ note: We’re seeing some players attack others by abusing line-of-sight rules in Gadgetzan. This disruption is against our Terms of Service (as it was in 2006) and we’re taking action against players who exploit this game mechanic. While this new range differs slightly from orginal WoW 1.12, it better enforces the authentically intended consequence of PvPing in a goblin city by challenging the attacker to fight, die, or escape the guards.
- The Discombobulator Ray will now correctly dismount mounted enemy players.
- Abilities that provide a damage increase to the next auto attack (e.g. Heroic Strike and Raptor Strike) will now properly break crowd control effects if the ability was queued before the crowd control was applied.
- Corrected an issue that prevented pets from attacking a target who entered stealth after the Attack command is used.
- Corrected an issue with the Gnomish Cloaking Device that caused it to incorrectly drop the player from combat when used.
November 8, 2019
- Guards will now correctly be more willing to assist players in PvP combat who have Friendly or higher standing with them. However, they will continue to not assist players with Neutral standing.
- Corrected an issue that was causing Onyxia to fail to clear the threat of the primary target of her Fireball ability.
October 22, 2019
- Fixed a bug that caused creatures such as Solenor the Slayer to misbehave when pursuing the player. Groups of creatures that commit to combat as a group will now all continue to pursue whenever any one of them are struck by a player attack or ability.
October 16, 2019
- The buffs obtained from the guards in Dire Maul North after completing a tribute run will no longer stack.
Blog post with all WoW hotfixes: