New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

I hope the first thing a blue posts about is a list of all of the sock puppets and their mains who bloated this thread so.

This. In typical Blizzard fashion they punish everyone because of the actions of a few. Instead of actually dealing with the cheaters and botters they just create a blanket change that impacts regular players. This really needs to be reverted.

4 Likes

You think people are using mules on the forum, but that’s actually something that blizzard and probably even simple forum moderators can see really easily.
I know I wouldn’t waste my time with it as it doesn’t really help the issue.

Perhaps you should too. People boosting eachother is not against the EULA unless real money is involved or exploits such as terrain modification / flying are involved. Non player controlled characters would also fall under this but I very much doubt that a bot could be created to do what skilled humans can’t always manage to pull off right.

2 Likes

Seeing and acting on are two vastly different things. Them seeing all of the sock puppets for what they are does not mean a damned thing if they allow it to happen.

Giving an opinion on it does not mean I do not recognize that the letter of the law allows it. On the flip side, one cannot complain about the game changing, when you literally agreed that blizzard could make whatever changes they want.

It’s insane how they even go so far as to hotfix this issue to placate the lunatic fringe, but that’s still regarded as “silence:”

2 Likes

Next step is it gets fully reverted. Stay tuned broseph

5 Likes

Part of the problem is they posted that, without actually giving this thread an update, and it causes confusion.

It’s still not the revert we want, but it’s a step in the right direction.

Does anyone that works for blizzard care about customer concerns?

1 Like

There might be a few, but by and large no. Had been ages since a ticket I’ve submitted has been dealt with in a professional, friendly manour.

1 Like

I am here to show my concern for this unhealthy change.

4 Likes

I’m shocked this change is still a thing. paying for limiters seems crazy. wasn’t in vanilla shouldn’t exist in classic. Scheduling what days i can farm or help folks run instances really complicates what should be a relaxing game.

4 Likes

I actually hadn’t been aware of this change. Makes trying to play alts much easier with this change and does make it more palatable.

Daily complaint…how has this thread not gotten a blue post yet.

1 Like

It’s gotten several “fixes” that have been posted in the thread from the bug fixes lists.

1 Like

This thread is explicitly being ignored. It isn’t pinned like every other blue post started thread. They have made some changes, but they refuse to answer the complaints directly.

5 Likes

The fact that they’ve made any changes actually negates your “this is being explicitly ignored” argument. Not posting =/= ignoring.

I get that they haven’t reverted the change like you guys would like, but they have made several changes to make this cap less worrisome for legitimate players. They are not likely to revert the change entirely. That also doesn’t mean you’re being ignored.

They are listening and taking action, just not the action you’d like. They don’t actually have to directly respond “because feelers”.

2 Likes

I didn’t say “this is being explicitly ignored”…I said this thread is. This thread has the most comments/discussion of any thread posted in this forums entire history in a very short amount of time.

They are taking action against bots, and have made it clear that the change was implemented to curb the impact of bots on the economy. But…I’m not a bot, this limit should not apply to me or any other legitimate player and is the whole issue of the topic. It’s a limit for automated gameplay that affects actual players. There needs to be a better solution. At the very least there should be sufficient communication about the status and progress of the situation and actually address player concerns.

2 Likes

I realize. Sorry I deleted a single word that was implied by my direct response to you… :roll_eyes:

Maybe. Maybe not. I don’t actually have an issue with this solution, personally, but I don’t spend my time farming things endlessly or “boosting” either. Neither of those things are particularly healthy for the game and, imho, should be curtailed to some degree, even when “legitimate” players are doing it.

They are communicating pretty directly in this website. Just not where you want to see it. Maybe you should look at more than just one place. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I would like to know which arrogant, overfed and unconcerned Activision superior implemented this disdainful awful change.

3 Likes