New Instance Limit in WoW Classic

They do not have to specifically target something to welcome the benefit that the collateral creates. Much like multiboxers being tolerated but not supported, they may view boosters and chronic hyper-farming as tolerated but not supported.

1 Like

yes and the metric used to determine botting is what?

Maybe stop acting like a bot…

1 Like

Blizzard already gave that argument. You’re just in denial about it:

Instead, you guys come back with unsubstantiated conspiracy theories and expect to be taken seriously:

I’m pretty sure you guys aren’t changing your mind at this point, no matter what anyone says. I’m especially amused by the people who are claiming to quit over this, as if the game becomes pointless if you can’t do the same tedious chore more than 30 times in one day.

5 Likes

You, Ziryus and Misadventures entire arguments are conspiracy theories.

5 Likes

No, please elaborate. I’m genuinely curious.

How am I in denial. It literally says

And I don’t agree with this change because it’s targeting BOTS but it’s affecting actual players. I’m arguing for a better solution that doesn’t affect players.

5 Likes

I agree, blizzard could put some hard fixes in place like fixing all the broken pathing issues, fixing the ability to do things like jed id snipe, fixing doing runs that target only one boss etc… but i bet people would cry about that even more.

Only 1 of the 3 you listed is exploitative

Nothing needs to be fixed as you say unless it’s an obvious exploit that impacts other players. Players in WSG going out of bounds for example. We want classic the way it is…without any changes.

I don’t understand why you care about these things…doing a dungeon for one boss is something you have an issue with really? What?

If pathing was fixed as you say and it eliminated all of the solo instance farming that would literally kill the game. What would be the point of going back to literally any dungeon outside of max level dungeons. The reason I and many other people play classic is because those types of farms exist. It’s fun, it’s challenging, and it’s one of the few activities you can do solo in the game. If people had to go back to BRD and do full “intended” runs as you say people would just not go there because it’s that much of a hassle. Nobody wants to spend 2 hours in BRD for little to no reward.

3 Likes

Exactly - everything he calls a ‘fix’ is not a fix it’s breaking the game from working properly.

3 Likes

I think there are very very very few people getting hit by the 30 runs per day rule that weren’t also getting hit by the 5 runs per hour rule. In other words you were doing something that was already deemed abusive in vanilla, it’s just enforced more now.

2 Likes

“We” want classic to be as close to vanilla as possible, which is why this cap is needed. The wholesale hyper instance farming now is not remotely vanilla-like. That’s not even accounting for the absurd paid boosting going on.

1 Like

No. What you want is a vanilla meta.

Changing the core game mechanics is making it less like vanilla. All of these things were in the game and were being used whether you want to admit it or not. There is video evidence of nearly every farm we’ve been doing back in vanilla and what was found on private servers. The game has evolved with how people play it. Everyone has access to way more information now about a 15 year old game. Of course people are going to play differently. Gamers now a days play a lot more efficiently and try to min/max significantly more. Streamers and youtubers have a huge impact on the game, farms, and economies as well.

2 Likes

Keep pretending that I implied that farms didn’t exist in vanilla, while ignoring that the point is that the biblical frequency in classic is not remotely like it was during vanilla.
Had you actually played back then you would know that if it were occurring this much, blizzard would have clamped down on it back then.

2 Likes

The frequency is a result of the times and available information. Again like I said a lot more people are interested in min/maxing the game. Maybe blizzard would have made changes 15 years ago if things were being done a lot more, sure. But what the playerbase said they wanted and what Blizzard said they were going to deliver is a faithful recreation of vanilla “warts and all” making minimal if any changes. The 5/hr rule has been in there since vanilla, and this change…for bots…is cheapening my experience with the game. If we wanted a constantly evolving game we would be on retail…

2 Likes

This isn’t a change to a core game mechanic though, it’s just stricter enforcement of a vanilla mechanic.

1 Like

It’s too easy to min/max now with all the available info, warping players’ expectations and experience.

Maybe not to you. But to me I’ve hit the cap daily and this single change has impacted my gameplay far more than any other change. It has extrapolated my BoED farm by MONTHS.

3 Likes

And you can still keep farming for it.

Blizzard could have straight up broken your ability to abuse dungeon resets in some of the ways i suggested earlier. That would have been a change to a core game mechanic. Modifying a limit that already existed in vanilla is not a change to a core game mechanic.

1 Like

Well I disagree completely obviously. Limiting the previous available instances by 75% is a massive change. A change that Blizzard has clearly said is intended to curb bots impact on the economy. But when it affects players when their intended purpose is to affect bots, it just means it’s a poor solution.

2 Likes