Mechagnome Customization Requests Thread

Hello!

The purpose of this thread is to create and maintain a list of requested Mechagnome customization desires and wants. Some secondary concerns and requests unrelated to customization will also be mentioned.

If you have any suggestions for customization options for Mechagnomes please feel free to leave them here and they will be added to the list.

Mechagnome Customization Requests:
More Metal Colors; Saronite, Fel Iron, Copper, Ghost Iron, ect.

Mismatched Limbs, with options for flesh arms or legs, and different hand setups. I.E. One hand a clamp another a hand.

Alternative Hands: Mecha cannon, Tesla Coil, Chain Sword, Buzz saw?

Titan Mechagnome Options for arms or legs or even head and body.

Cyborg like implants for the body and head. Cheek implants, Borg like options.

Non-Bipedal Leg options. Spider walkers or treads?

Mecha skintone option for that full robot look.

Different colors for our Eye implants, and mismatched coloration. (currently just have blue, but could have red and purple and yellow or green, Burned out. Sky is the limit!)

Also option for one eye to be an implant and the other to be normal.

Flashlight eyes

Terminator like eyes!

Separation of Head, face, eye, ear, and chin modifications from one another so we can mix and match as we see fit.

Unlock the hidden 4th eye augment option for selection.

Addition of a Cyborg mouth option, where the head is still biological and the mouth is an implant entirely. Could add option for damaged ala the Forsaken hanging tongue concept.

Clear glass brain plate with metal skull.

Cybernetic Hair options. LED’s in the hair. Wires and tubing options for Hair, Fiber optics. Mix and matchable. Could make Wirelike dreadlocks as well as other hair styles from the wires and tubes ect.

Hair colors, add the Gnome ones! (while you’re at it give them ours) but also add Metallic pastels.

Hair Styles! Either Gnomish Hairstyles or perhaps some borrowed Kul’Tiran hairstyles?

Adding options for “salvaged” bionic parts from things like the Gan’arg and Mo’arg demons, or even fel Reavers. Great options for our Warlocks.

options for Grease and burn marks on the metal and body.

Scar options.

Damaged limbs options.

Thicker more robust arm and leg options as well as more Hand options.

Tattoos.

True 100% mechanical Options.

Some have requested the ability to mog over the metal arms and legs.

Additional Mechagnome Related Options:
Many of us would love to have the other two colors of Heritage armor released for our use. These two sets match with the Rusted and Silver metal options Mechagnomes currently have.

They look like this:

Classes
Some of us would also like to see some classes added the the Mechagnomes, such as; Paladin, Shaman and Druid.

Rationale being that Mechagnomes study all forms of magic and could adapt these powers to their theme. Mechagnomes that have learned to transform into mechanical beasts, and Mechagnome healers and Inquisitors who have mastered the Light. Or Mechagnomes who have learned to make deals with the elements to use their energies to power impressive machines (not unlike goblins do).

Now in no way do I think that we would get all of them but adding one or two would certainly be interesting.

Miscellaneous Options
Possible addition of a Mechagnome double jump from anti-grav boots.

Special Thanks for the Mechagnome Love Thread and the Mechagnome Discord for helping with ideas!

Last update: 11/7/20 - Coaxial
15 Likes

I liked the rest of the post, but not this one.
No reason should the gnomes be Paladins, shamans, OR druids. Especially not mecha ones.

2 Likes

You can get additional customization options when the rest of the god damn core races get their heritage armor!

1 Like

They are just common requests.

We do not demand them or anything. its just to show what has been requested over time.

Your opinion is valid though. We do have a lot of classes and the likelihood of them actually adding any is low.

While I doubt that will exactly coincide, we are not demanding this now.

It is a repository for customization options we would like to see in the future. Whenever that happens to be.

1 Like

Well of course, I know you don’t demand them. But still(at least for me) pointing out that people request those classes devalues the rest of the stuff.

1 Like

I understand.

Any and all comments are welcome here. (I know I’m opening a door to a lot of hate saying that since this is about Mechagnomes but still its important to see everyone’s opinions so Blizzard has a better idea what to focus on.)

1 Like

Love it all OP!

Especially the gan’arg bit.

Id also add:

• flashlight eyes
  • alternative hands: mecha buster Canon for hunters, tesla coil appendage for casters, chain sword atm etc.
  • clear glass brain plate with metal skull
  • double jump and glide for all Classes of mechagnome via anti grav boots like mimiron
  • true 100% mechanical options
  • robot pets for hunter. The humanoid models.
3 Likes

Mechagnomes could emulate any of those classes with technology without the need for emerald dream communion, bargaining with elements, or even a deep faith in the light (though they can be priests and thus have no real reason pally isn’t an option).

Also they should be given a class their parent race couldn’t have like vulpera, night borne, zandalari, kt, etc got.

3 Likes

Many of the arguments against Gnomes getting these classes kind of falls apart when you look at the lore behind some other races getting them (Tauren Paladin, Zandalari Paladin, Goblin Shaman, etc). Sometimes the class choices are more for mechanics than strictly lore, and sometimes the lore is changed or added to.

In my opinion I think the best outcome would be:
Mechagnome Druid + Gnome Paladin

This provides a distinct class difference between the two related race choices and could easily fit in the lore.

Mechagnome Druid thoughts lore-wise…

1. Druids for Mechagnomes might seem like an odd choice, but with the lore surrounding their enhancements, reverting the “curse of flesh”, and some tidbits of lore related to them studying and altering (mechanizing) the fauna of Mechagon it is not far-fetched that some Mechagnomes would see the utility of then changing their forms into animalistic forms particularly after seeing their newfound druidic allies. A connection to the Emerald Dream is not necessary for this class choice (though I’m sure something could be found, particularly when considering the odd Kul Tiran drustvar forms) and could be more about the Mechagnomes emulating their allies with other magics and advanced technology; whether they’re actually changing their bodies through magic+technology or enhancing themselves with versatile power-armor would be up to Blizzard to ultimately settle on lore-wise but there are much bigger stretches lore-wise already existing on race+class combinations. There are already some readily available mecha models that could be re-purposed into druid forms and customizations.

Gnome Paladin thoughts lore-wise…

1. Gnomes learn to properly and more widely harness the Light through artificial means in their quest to improve their medical arts, and create an ingenious Light-reactor in Gnomeregan (maybe as part of their cleansing and truly retaking Gnomeregan). This would effectively be a kind of tongue-in-cheek artificial Sunwell. The Gnomes would have had access during the participation in the Alliance campaigns to knowledge with the Lightforged and their technologies, and possibly salvaged equipment or shards belonging to Naaru themselves.

These two choices would add a lot more versatility to Mechagnomes and Gnomes, particularly for Gnome/Mechagnome guilds.

2 Likes

YES!

S.A.I.N.T. prototype #42 incoming!

1 Like

While I like the customization but the classes is just a straight no. You’re talking about Mechagnomes. They take “performance and effeciency.” over anything else.

I already talked about how gnomes are in no way capable of being paladins because they have little to not faith that goes above their creations and inventions, Paladins are something that requires time, effort, and dedication above anything else and among other intense reasons like being infused with The Light too. Druidism is just absurd and after seeing how they go about in Mechagon, no, they don’t have any chance for Druidism, Shamanism? Maybe but its manipulative than anything and very unlikely…

Added to the list. Even made a new bit for the Anti-grav stuff. Thank you.

To be fair I don’t think they couldn’t just choose to study those fields anyways. Putting their desire to know the ins and outs of any particular field of magic could easily lead to them seriously making the needed connections to the Emerald Dream, putting their faith in the Light, or making needed trades with elementals.

Unlikely I think but, well I’ve seen it requested a lot so I added it.

I do like your reasoning here. Very well put together.

If I can perhaps just say this though: Gnomes have been working now alongside Dwarves and Humans for a long time. Both have Paladins. Its understandable if some Gnomes chose to become Paladins because they do in fact simply… believe.

Think of how easily we’ll be able to go offroad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not over their own individuality.

Had to say it.

I figure with this one its not different than Goblins and how they do it… except that the exchange would be focused less around how they can profit and more around how they can learn. I think of the three in the original post, shaman is actually the most likely.

I still think its very unlikely.

2 Likes

We already know mechagnomes can manipulate the elements though. Psure an NPC on Mechagon talks about it. It’s not in the culture but this is just for discussion.

I would love Paladin but they are not exactly religious types.

1 Like

In addition to the already suggested mix and match options for facial augmentations… unlock the hidden 4th eye augment option for selection. To see the option I am talking about, simply try on various helmets as a Mechagnome with any eye augments and observe the eyes that sure used with a large number of ope face helmets…

2 Likes

An excellent idea. I shall add it immediately.

You’d think I’d have come up with that one since I wear this helmet all the time…

I didn’t see it mentioned but it would be great to see additional hair styles for Mechagnomes (and Gnomes, but this thread is mostly about Mechagnomes). It feels kind of limited currently; getting some styles from normal Gnomes, and maybe some hair styles from the Kul Tirans and Humans would be nice. More styles in additional to the (already mentioned) additional colors would be amazing for making more unique Mechagnomes. Some of the female Kul Tiran hair or Draenei hair styles would look amazing in a metallic copper.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’d love my mechagnome if that racial wasn’t literally useless.

Gimme a buster cannon damnit

Well thought out thread, agree with most of it except the additional classes. I would like a saw or buzz saw for an arm, and a terminator-style eye.

1 Like

Need to organize the list better into sections, like head, torso, legs, arms, etc…

1 Like

Gentleman, we can rebuild him. We have the technology… -

1 Like