How to make Mechagnomes more appealing, by Gearbox Jenkins

If an Ironforge Dwarf with tattoos is a Wildhammer Dwarf, then a green skinned Gnome is a Leper Gnome.

2 Likes

Lepers eventually completely decay, without some sort of enhancement they’d be stuck with an unrealistic shelf life.

Like the ones hanging out in front of Gnomeregan that have been there for a VERY long time?

Interesting. However playable mechagnomes hail specifically from Mechagon. They’re not just any gnome that has mechanical bits. And I’m not aware of any leper gnomes in Mechagon. Correct me if I’m wrong.

With that said, Blizzard did incorporate Wildhammer customization options for Ironforge dwarves, as someone else pointed out, so maybe nothing matters anymore.

1 Like

The toxic sludge in the airfield are them in a few days/weeks/months, unspecified ingame.

Nice to see another passionate member of the Mechagnome crowd.

I have a thread for our customizations myself.

5 Likes

ou would a saronite mechagnome hear old god whispers?

1 Like

Go all the way and turn them into Gobots.

2 Likes

This is the only thing I would change slightly. Instead of:

I would remove the “both” portion. Mostly because I believe the more we see of the mechanical, the better. Otherwise, might as well just play a Gnome.

But most of what you have in those options does show a lot of the mechanical, as well. So it’s really just a minor point that I wouldn’t get fussed over. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wonder if giving Mechagnomes an exposed brain dome would cross a line.

Could depend on how Calia will handle the Leper Gnomes among the Forsaken as we mostly covered the elven Darkfallen so far.

Considering the High Tinker position will be opened soon, this plot might arrive soon.

2 Likes

I think Mechagnomes would be more popular if they were a barbershop alteration for all Gnomes instead of an Allied Race. Man Alliance got screwed over in BfA.

2 Likes

Personally I hope they use their intelligence to create technology akin to the end of ‘Mars Attacks’ I want a human head on a dog body, more specifically Sara Jessica Parkers head on a dog body.

Undead & Mechagnomes = frankenstein experiments x1000

3 Likes

I dunno about that, Dark Iron are the best Allied Race.

1 Like

Give them large pronounced chins

1 Like

Wasn’t that in the movie Mars Attacks?

2 Likes

I dont think you can make gnomes, mechanical or otherwise… Look good. I see them and it’s just a joke. Its tiny clowns running around with tiny steak knives. But If they wanna try (blizzard) Go for it.

1 Like

There was vaultbot but i’m not sure if that counts. Perhaps the crawling hands? It’s weird they’re five digits for a four (or two) fingered race.

2 Likes

I don’t disagree, but many other allied races can look remarkably like their base race. For example, Lightforged can cover all their tattoos with mogging. Highmountain can look just like regular tauren with the only real difference being the antlers. Feels like Mechagnomes always having visible mechanical feet and hands would be enough.

And yet they still basically only have one body and no mogging.

One way to find out! For science!

1 Like

I get ya! That’s why I said:

1 Like

Looking up vault bot and seeing his slurpee is adorable, like what’s it filled with? Oil? However I think once there’s a conscious mind behind said robot it becomes less adorable and more menacing :wink: it could basically be chucky at that point

1 Like