Unofficial Playable Tuskarr Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Unofficial Playable Tuskarr Discussion Thread

The goal of this thread is for the discussion about the Tuskarr as playable race but also about the Tuskarr in general: lore, cities, mounts, heritage, class choices, customization, etc

Allied Race or Core race? It doesn’t matter. I only want to see them added to the game as playable race.

Feel free to share your opinion here or what you think about this or just to say a little “hello”: everyone is welcomed here.

Don’t forget to take a look on the Jorreno thread. I will try to update the both threads when I can.

Please keep in mind this thread is a work in progress. I will try to update this post when I can with new information, artworks or other things.

This thread is in several sections.

Imgur
(Ymir Tuskarr - by unknown)

Content:

• Who are the Tuskarr?
  • Tuskarr Clans
  • Which Faction?
  • Racial Leaders
  • Racial Capital
  • Racial Mount
  • Racial Crest and Tabard
  • Heritage Armor
  • Recruitment Quest Ideas
  • Class Choices
  • Hunter Pet Possibility
  • The Model
  • Customization Options Overview
  • Racials
  • Language
  • Dances
  • Do female Tuskarr exist?
  • Other thing
  • Other threads

Who are the Tuskarr?

The Tuskarr are a peaceful humanoid walrus-like people indigenous to the cold shores of Northrend and the Dragon Isles.

Their society is divided into clans, each consisting of a small number of families. Most Tuskarr carve their tusks with ideograms showing their family and clan affiliation, but some instead engrave symbols for deeds of great distinction.

Tuskarr society centers around fishing and whaling. This is of such vital importance that a Tuskarr’s ability to fish affects its social standing within the community. While Tuskarr do hunt land animals in lean times, their primary sustenance comes from the sea.

The Tuskarr practice a form of magic that, on its surface, is astonishingly similar to shamanism. Kirin Tor scholars have not yet deciphered the source of the Tuskarr’s magic. While the Tuskarr serve the elements differently than other shamanistic races, the power that they are able to call forth is formidable.

The Tuskarr are very patient people, it may come from their spirits finding home in stone, as stone endures. Though they prefer peace, the Tuskarr fiercely defend their settlements when necessary, and they are no strangers to the conflicts erupting across their home continent. They are not a vengeful race, but justice is seemingly highly valued in their society and their laws demand that all Tuskarr must seek retribution against those who shed their kin’s blood.

Imgur
(Tuskarr Totemic - Hearthstone)

Tuskarr Clans

The Tuskarr have many clans in Northrend and in the Dragon Isles.

Iskaara Clan: Iskaara Tuskarr are a group of tuskarr found on the Dragon Isles.

After many harsh winters on the ice, the Iskaara have learned to value the warmest things in life: friends, family, a hot bowl of soup, and a long story told over a crackling fire.

The Iskaara will welcome anyone who can fish, cook, or tell a hearty tale. However, the Iskaara are some of the mightiest fighters on Azeroth. If threatened, every spear in the community is raised to fight for survival. The Iskaara are renowned for their prowess at fishing.

The Iskaara Tuskarr worship Gral.

Kalu’ak tribe: The Kalu’ak is a neutral tribe of Tuskarr in Northrend. They have several settlements in Northrend: Kamagua (Howling Fjord), Moa’ki Harbor (Dragonblight), Unu’pe (Borean Tundra) and Pal’ea (Borean Tundra).

The Tuskarr of Northrend worship a small pantheon of deities or spirits, known to consist of Tayutka, Issliruk (spirit of war) and Oacha’noa (goddess of wisdom).

Kauriq tribe: Kauriq tribe is a Tuskarr village located outside and inside Kauriq Gleamlet in the Azure Span.

The Kauriq tribe of the Azure Span worship three Great Spirits: Kraunot (Spirit of the Mountain Wind), Otu’rorq (Spirit of the Tumultuous River), and Niliuq (Spirit of the Ocean).

Morqut clan: Morqut Village is a Tuskarr village in the Forbidden Reach.

Uktulut clan: Uktulut Village is a Tuskarr village in the Waking Shores.

Tuskarr in all areas are shown to worship Karkut, he who watches over the dead who is said to watch over fallen Tuskarr so they do not lose their way.

Which Faction?

Imgur
(Neutral)

• Iskaara Tuskarr will fight for the Alliance to protect their settlements and their lifestyle against the gnolls and make trading with the Alliance.

• Kalu’ak will fight for the Horde to protect their settlements and their lifestyle against the Scourge, the wolvar, the vrykul and the kvaldir jointly with the taunka.

Racial Leaders

Elder Ko’nani (Horde, on the left) / Brena (Alliance, on the right)

Imgur
Elder Ko’nani is an elder tuskarr and chieftain of the Kalu’ak found in Moa’ki Harbor in Dragonblight.

Brena is a tuskarr located in Iskaara in the Azure Span. She succeeded Ponoliak as chieftain.

Racial Capital

Moa'ki Harbor for the Horde and Iskaara for the Alliance.

Imgur
(Moa’ki Harbor)

Imgur
(Iskaara Harbor)

Racial Mount

Ottuk

Imgur

Racial Crest and Tabard

I don’t have ideas for a racial crest so if you have an idea for that, let me know.

One for the Horde and one for the Alliance like the pandaren.

Imgur
(Tuskarr Tabard for the Kalu’ak - by TheAceofHearth)

I don’t have ideas for a tabard for the Alliance side so if you have an idea for that, let me know.

Heritage Armor

Imgur
(Heritage Armor - idea by Jorreno)

Recruitment Quest Ideas

Kalu’ak and Iskaara found a compromise to avoid the fight between their two clans if a war between the Horde and the Alliance begins. Of course, Moa’ki Harbor as capital city for the Tuskarr on the Horde side because of the Taunka in the Northrend and Iskaara as capital city for the Tuskarr on the Alliance side avoiding conflict between them if we get a new war against the Horde and the Alliance.

You will choose your clan (side) before going in the Alliance or the Horde city:

• Alliance: You’re an Iskaara. Fight for the Alliance to protect your settlements. It’s a new beginning for your clan, now you will trade with the Alliance and travel across the Alliance territories.

• Horde: You’re a Kalu’ak. Fight for the Horde to protect your settlements and your lifestyle against the deadly opponents of the Northrend.

Class Choices

• Warrior

• Hunter

• Rogue (Kilejo)

Imgur
(Kilejo, a rogue Tuskarr)

• Priest

• Shaman

Imgur

Imgur
(Shaman totem)

Imgur
(Tuskarr Shaman Totem - by TheAceofHearth)

• Mage

• Warlock

• Druid

Imgur
(Cat Form - by TheAceofHearth)

Imgur
(Bear Form - by TheAceofHearth)

Imgur
(Moonkin Form - by TheAceofHearth)

Imgur
(Travel Form - by TheAceofHearth)

Imgur
(Aquatic Form - by TheAceofHearth)

Imgur
(Flight Form - by TheAceofHearth)

• Death Knight

• Monk

Hunter Pet Possibility

Ottuk

Imgur

The Model

Use the Tuskarr model from Dragonflight

Imgur

Customization Options Overview

• Fur colors
  • Eyes colors
  • Face forms
  • Eyebrow forms
  • Mustache options
  • Beard options
  • Tusk size
  • Tusk symbol

Racials

• Karkut Blessing: Reduces repair costs by 15% and increases your speed by 10% for 2 minutes when you die.

• Issliruk Will: 10 minutes cd, duration 8 secondes. Increases your physical damages by 1%

• Fishing Knowledge: Fishing skill increased by 15

• Cooking specialization: Cooking skill increased by 10

• Thick Skin: Reduces fire damage revieved by 2%

Language

• Common
  • Orc
  • Tuskarr

Dances

Female dance:

(Dance from 1:16 to 2:00)

Male dance:

(Dance from 2:44 to 3:47)

Do female Tuskarr exist?

Yes, female Tuskarr are confirmed in lore:

Imgur
(Tuskarr Homesteader)

Imgur
(Tuskarr females in Dragonflight)

Other thing

This thread model is based about the Fenelon, Zitga, Bagzak and Jorreno threads. Thanks to them for this.

Don’t forget to take a look on the Jorreno thread, it can have ideas I don’t put here. I will try to update the both threads when I can.

Other threads

Here I put 2 lists:

• A list for Allied Race threads

• A list for Customization threads

Other threads for playable races:

Ankoan and Jinyu thread :fish: - by Rorrand
The Ankoan and Jinyu Race Discussion Thread

Arakkoa thread :bird: - by Lore
Unoffical Playable Arakkoa Discussion Thread

Broken thread :goat: - by Mianyaue
Unofficial Playable Broken Discussion Thread

Dragonmaw Orcs and Wildhammer Dwarves thread :dragon_face: vs :eagle: - by Keldar
Megathread: Twilight Highlands Allied Races - DRAGONMAW Orcs and WILDHAMMER Dwarves

Drakonids thread :dragon: - by Keldar
Megathread: The Other Half of the Dragon Fantasy - DRAKONIDS

Ethereal thread :ghost: - by Lore
Unoffical Playable Ethereal Discussion Thread

Forest Troll thread :evergreen_tree: - by Zurogrusel
Forest Troll Race/Customization Megathread

Furbolg thread :bear: - by Fenelon
Unofficial Playable Furbolg Discussion Thread

Kelfin thread :japanese_goblin: - by Gnomest
The kelfin love/allied race discussion thread

Mok’Nathal thread :bow_and_arrow: - by Mianyaue
Unofficial Playable Mok’Nathal Discussion Thread

Rajani Mogu thread :zap: - by Mianyaue
Unofficial Playable Rajani Mogu Discussion Thread

Saberon thread :tiger: - by Lore
Unoffical Playable Saberon Discussion Thread

Saurok thread :lizard: - by Bagzak
The Unofficial Saurok Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Sethrak thread :snake: - by Nadezhdha
Unoffical Playable Sethrak Discussion Thread

San’layn thread :bat: - by Fallynn
San’layn/vampyr elf Customization (and Allied Race idea) Coagulated Megathread {Re-VAMPed}

Stonemaul Ogre thread :japanese_ogre: - by Bagzak
The Unofficial Stonemaul Ogre Playable Race Discussion Megathread!

Taunka thread :bison: - by Zitga
Taunka Allied Race Megathread

Tuskarr thread :seal: - by Mianyaue

Tuskarr thread :seal: - by Jorreno

Vrykul thread :crossed_swords: - by Mianyaue
Unofficial Playable Vrykul Discussion Thread

"Subraces” customizations for core races :thought_balloon: - by Mianyaue
Give us more “subraces” customizations for core races

Various ideas about allied races for the Alliance and the Horde :thought_balloon: - by Mianyaue
Allied races for the Alliance and the Horde

Various ideas about allied races :thought_balloon: - by Mianyaue
New allied races

Allied race thread from WoW Community Council :+1: - by Kretias
Call for Allie(d race)s

Other threads for customizations:

Blood Elf Customization Thread (For the Sin’dorei) :elf: - by Kyuu
Big Blood Elf Customization Thread (For the Sin’dorei)

Blood Elf Customization thread :elf: - by Veras
Big Blood Elf Customization Thread

Dark Iron Dwarves/Mag’har Orcs thread :axe: vs :wolf: - by Grymes
Dark Iron Dwarves/Mag’har Orcs next on the table for expanded customizations?

Draenei/Lightforged customization thread :goat: - by Averyx
Draenei/Lightforged customization Feedback Thread. Currently the new options are lacking in fantasy

Forsaken/Undead Customization thread :skull: - by Baalsamael
Forsaken/Undead Customization Megathread

Human Customization thread :slight_smile: - by Anansi
Human Customization Thread

Kul’tiran Love & Customization Thread :pirate_flag: - by Morbann
Kul’tiran Love & Customization Thread

Kul-Tirans and Zandalari Customisation thread :pirate_flag: vs :t_rex: - by Kyzendra
Kul-Tirans and Zandalari Customisation ideas?

Mechagnome Customization thread :gear: - by Coaxial
Mechagnome Customization Requests Thread

Night Elf Customization thread :full_moon: - by Elesana
Night Elf Customization thread

Nightborne Customization thread :magic_wand: - by Ellinia
Nightborne Customization Thread

Orc Customization thread :crossed_swords: - by Zurogrusel
Big Orc Customization Ideas Thread

Troll Customization thread :dagger: - by Baalsamael
All-Troll Customization Megathread

Void Elf Customization thread (Void Aspect) :new_moon: - by Fenelon
Void Elf Customization Thread (For The Void Aspect)

Vulpera Customization thread :fox_face: - by Fokuro
Vulpera Customization Thread

Worgen Customization thread :wolf: - by Keori
Worgen Customization Mega Thread

Customization Suggestions thread :thought_balloon: - by Drede
Customization Suggestions Megathread (Edited for 9.2.5)

Warlock Customization: Stables for Demons/Aberrations :imp: - by Baalsamael
Warlock Customization: Stables for Demons/Aberrations

Dark Iron Mole Machine update :pick: - by Onijitsu
Dark Iron Mole Machine update

Upright Forsaken Models thread :skull: - by Banshih
Upright Forsaken Models - Overdue Character Customization

"Subraces” customizations for core races :thought_balloon: - by Mianyaue
Give us more “subraces” customizations for core races

Customization thread from WoW Community Council :+1: - by Dynja and Maizou
Character Customization - We want more! (Dynja post)
Character Customization - We want more! (Maizou post)

17 Likes

Whew. You’ve been busy.

6 Likes

okay first off. no memes. solid thread compounding allot of dedication to the tuskar allied race.

id love to see a tuskar deathknight specific skin.

5 Likes

Good work but the only small nitpick would be for the classes. With it looking like Blizz is sticking to their plans with opening every class to every race, the Tuskarr would be getting Druid and Paladin.

For Druid, unless there’s just going to be recolours/reskins of existing Druid forms, the Tuskarr would be getting their own unique forms. And for Paladins, their own unique Otter mount.

And if they also allow them to be DHs and Evokers…I may actually create one.

1 Like

I think you should add druid to the list of playable classes, because they seem to worship spirits (at least in the ocean) that may or may not be wild gods. Plus an aquatic themed druid would be awesome.

1 Like

I have friends that are all about this one, I just am not. I’ve never really been a fan, personally. They don’t seem all that interesting to me.

Another playable race thread is always great to see!

Though there is another for this race specifically already going its neat to see one that has access to TL3 and able to post pictures directly without all the needless clicking and pasting.
(Seriously Blizzard let people post pictures in Main Posts below TL3 so you can get more player investment in their threads.)

Tuskarr would be an amazing race to see and I could easily see em go neutral. Especially since their model got a lot of player level treatment with DF.

1 Like

Amazing post! :heart:

Dances are cool too and for everybody that always remember that old piece of lore about Tuskarrs dying outside of cold zones, just remember, Tuskarrs in Dragonflight are fishing in the lava :rofl:

They appear in other expansions too: Pandaria(Kun-lai and krasarang), Legion(Aszuna and Helheim), BFA(Boralus and Zandalar) and I remember to see them in Shadowlands.

And shamans could get a Lontruk as ghost wolf form, like the mount achievement:
https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1081630-porta-aeronaus-lontruk-de-lountro-mundo.jpg

Despite the lontruks, they can use turtles and mammoths too as pets and mounts.

There is new lore from Exploring Northrend:
Following the war against the Jailer, the brothers Bronzebeard reported that Moa’ki Harbor in Dragonblight became the largest Tuskarr settlement since they lost Kaskala to the kvaldir. They also met some tuskarr who told them that one day they’d take Kaskala back from the kvaldir.

In Howling Fjord, the tuskarr have been supplying Westguard Keep with all the fresh fish they could want.

In the Borean Tundra, they reported that the surviving tuskarr of Pal’ea managed to retake their village to the kvaldir, and when they visited it, the tuskarr were still building, making it bigger than before. They also met a crew of tuskarr who explained that they were reclaiming the Coldrock Quarry, a process that’ll be a long one, as the spirits of their slain shaman still wander among the rocks and must be laid to rest, while the wreckage of fallen surge needles befouls the ground.

So, with this update we could make some story to bring them as playable race, like Alliance and/or Horde helping the Tuskarr taking back Kaskala(I’d love that, specially with both factions working together). Pal’ea is near two factions settlements and they’re still helping another alliance settlement. So, there are many hooks to make a chain quest for them.

Love the Tuskarr, hope we get them one day : )

2 Likes

True.

I hope it won’t be a problem for you. I wanted to make this thread for 2 months but I didn’t have the time until now (and another one come here). :smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t bother me. Jorreno’s thread still stands on its own but its missing pictures which this one has, plus more than one viewpoint on a race can be beneficial. All it really means is I get to put two Tuskarr threads on my list of Allied Race, Customization and Class Request threads.

2 Likes

Also have people tested to see if they’re setup right now for all player armor set applications to their bodies these days? I never checked back after they were reworked with female models with DF’s release.

Update my thread with Tuskarr tabard for Kalu’ak, another Tuskarr shaman totem and druid with druid forms.

I don’t test it but like they aren’t in the wow dressing room we could think the answer can be no for Tuskarr but I hope the answer is yes.

2 Likes

Serious, I love this thread.

I’m a big fan of the druid forms, always tought about a penguim moonkin, but this version is awesome :heart:

Love the travel form, aquatic form and guardian, the little trunk :heart:

Other videos with dances :slight_smile:

(From 7:00 to 9:00)

I like: The kayak song, One two three and Simon song

But some old race dances were inspired by pop music, any idea what could it be?

2 Likes

I like the second video. It could be useful for the Tuskarr dances. There are some nice proposals.

2 Likes

It looks like we’ll be getting a patch 10.2.5 for Dragonflight according to this:

And somewhere, a 10.2.7 was allegedly hinted, though I haven’t found the source for that rumor. In any case, it sounds like there is a chance to do more with Tuskarr during Dragonflight.

In all honesty, if we got any playable races in Blizzcon, I was expecting neutral Tuskarr to be the most likely and even with early access as a pre-order incentive for the next expansion. We obviously didn’t get that with the next expansion’s announcement, but if there is some more things to do in Dragonflight, there could still be a bit of a chance.

I’ll keep my eyes out for anything of interest to report back. We got a new patch going live today, so I’ll see if the Tuskarr get any roles and such during it, though I haven’t seen anything myself from the datamining. We also have until the next expansion to come out, tentatively Fall of nexr year, as well.

We’ll see what happens when/if it happens I guess.

:fishing_pole_and_fish::seal:

3 Likes

With the rework of the Northrend in The Last Titan, we will get more things about the Tuskarr of this continent. It could be the perfect opportunity (I don’t see better opportunities that this one) to give us Tuskarr as playable race.

Kalu’ak could join the Horde. The Horde could help them to deal with the new threats in Northrend with the Taunka. Meanwhile the Iskaara Tuskarr could join the Alliance and they could come in Northrend to visit this continent and to meet their sisters and brothers living in Northrend.

3 Likes

Tuskar would have been an extremely easy add as a neutral race… and wouldn’t have been a repeat of the Three Hammers stories…

3 Likes

They still have time to give Tuskarr this expansion, Devs hinted for some big additions in these last 3 patches, maybe playable Walrus people xD

2 Likes

Don’t let the flame die out!

But yea I’d love to see tuskarr as playable. I feel like it’s a fan favorite, more so than some of the other allied races added and doesn’t seem like it would be too hard of an addition. When I was walking around earlier in the x-pac I noticed different mustaches, skins, faces, and eyebrows. Higher rez models then the centaurs comparatively. It definitely seems like they put more attention into them, really hope maybe it will be a nice patch surprise with that “skull and crossbones” flag on the blizzard road map for WoW. Would make sense since they are seafaring folk.

3 Likes

They’re more or less ready already!

Still hoping they’ll add them in a patch one day soon.

2 Likes