Night Elf Request and Discussion Thread

Welcome to my humble Night Elf customization request and discussion thread! With Night Elf customizations on their way, along with the Heritage sets we’ve all been waiting for, I found it prudent to create a thread for players to voice their personal requests as well as a few of my own inspired by the various ideas and artwork I’ve come across.

Customizations:

Eye Colors;

Most boxes have been checked on the quintessential eye colors, though there are a couple colors and styles that would make great additions.

Starting with colors, green is a fairly popular request that along with gold, would help represent Druids. Malfurion having Green eyes would be a primary example of this.

Another great color that would match Night Elven aesthetic would be Violet.

More Night Warrior variants, glowing pupils, bluish colors.

Starting with an alternative Night Warrior eye appearance:

As you can see with Tyrande in the cinematics, while her sclera is mostly black, there’s also a secondary cool navy color, most predominantly in her pupil area. A couple artists edited the PC model to demonstrate how it would look on players.

Imgur

Violet would also be a color that matches Night Elven aesthetic.

Another common concern I see among Night Elf players is a narrow eye toggle;

Imgur

Non glowing eye options for each eye color.

Jewelry and Accessories;

More regal Jewelry for a Shen’drelar Highborne aesthetic, more ancient filigree and gems.

Also Jewelry reminiscent of Tyrandes look prior to becoming the Nignt Warrior for a Priestess of Elune aesthetic.

Equal Jewelry available to both body types 1 and 2.

Here we have multiple edits by @RamavataramaArt showcasing different jewelry colors matching iconic Night Elf aesthetics.

Tattoos;

Night Warrior style tattoos like Tyrande.

Along with the eyes, Tyrande was depicted with some amazing tattoos which have a beautiful blue/silvery glow. While I wouldn’t expect such elaborate tattoos for Players, a simplified version for PCs would be most welcome, notably those that glow and in the same wispy and ethereal style.

Glowing Druidic tattoos like Malfurion.

Imgur

Runic tattoos for Shen’drelar Highborne.

Skintones;

More pastel colors, reminiscent of the Highborne.

This image emulates Azhara’s Night Elf appearance onto a basic Night Elf model, with the pink stylish eye tattoos, along with a Highborne esque tiara and earing. The tiara and necklace on Azshara’s actual model would be great too.

Also some more vibrant blues and violets, in addition to other colors, would make great additions for both skin and eye colors.

Possible translucent effects for the Court of Farondis.

Hairstyles and colors;

More regal styles with buns and smoother cuts.

Imgur

Credit to Witch

Credit to @Alissera_Art

Credit to @RamavataramaArt

Glowing options for Leaf assets.

More Reds, Browns and Blonde colors.

Model Suggestions;

Smoother and more youthful faces for Body Type 1.

Suggestions for The Heritage Set:

First I’d like to suggest an option for semi enclosed leggings, akin to the Fireplume Regalia Set;

Very Much being akin to Tyrandes own appearance as seen here. Aesthetics such as the runes on her dress pictured on the second image would also be most welcome.

A darker violet version with a gold trim and accents would also be most welcome to represent the Shen’Dralar Highborne living among Kaldorei society.

While I see quite a bit from the Night Elf community, I do hope I’ve encompassed it well enough here, I look forward to hearing everyone’s thoughts and concerns as well as the hype for the new options on their way! :blue_heart: :hugs:

Druids of the Flame Customizations

With the defeat of the Primalists at Amir’drassil, the Druids of the Flame no longer have the aid of an Incarate and having dealt with a small group of defectors who were taken advantage of in their grief and experienced brutal treatment at the hands of the Primalists, there are at least a few of them friendly to us, such as Solarys and Kery’nael Thorngale.

Much like the Man’ari, it would be great to add Druids of the Flame customizations for Night Elf players, as Druid players can already in fact use the Druids of the Flame Cat Form, adding customizations would merely complete the fantasy :orange_heart:

69 Likes

PLEASE this would make me race change half my toons back to Nelves. I just can’t enjoy them with their big bug eyes

Also wow, Nelves look amazing with Velf hairstyles, I would love to share with them!

10 Likes

I want my eye colors back for blind eyes before they ruined them with whatever this trash is they just added.

The orange eyes that didn’t glow looked fantastic. Like shiny orbs, but without the bright glow. Then they made them look horrible.

2 Likes

I would love some more reds and browns for NE hair colors if possible. Also, maybe it’s just me but I only like using one face for night elf body type 1. I would like some more young attractive faces with no scowl.

8 Likes

Unlock it for guys too

14 Likes

I want nicer faces for the guys.

Also, am I misremembering or were night warrior eyes originally pitch black or close to that? Can we get those back?

9 Likes

Awesome, I’ve added everything mentioned so far to the OP :hugs:

Why are the males all angry and frowning, while all the females are happy and smiling? We need more options.

12 Likes

And have y’all seen the male night elf face fishing? It’s like they’re watching someone kill their dog or something. :joy:

5 Likes

Might I suggest you post that in:
In Development
Fury Incarnate PTR

It’s probably easier for the devs to find your thread there. I made a request thread for night elves there, too. Feel free to post your suggestions in my thread or open up a new one.

I really, really hope they will give night elves more than just some tattoos in the next patch. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

More jewelry colors, and optional hair accessories. Also the women need basic body tattoos, though glowing options would be great in addition to basic tattoos, with the glowing ones being offered to the men as well I’d hope.

More vine configurations and color combos could be neat. I’d love more face markings and colors too.

For the heritage, I love the datamined set, but I am hoping for a closed toe option for the boots.

4 Likes

I’d love to use owl feathers instead of leaves for the hair :pleading_face:

4 Likes

With the new heritage armour, I hope they have a version of the shoulders without all of the feathers stick out so far, I’d prefer the fur that is coming out of the other armour pieces. Overall happy with the design though!

For further customization I’d like to have NE paladins! Favorite class and usually what I main just can’t play it as my favorite race in game (no Iam not going to head cannon role play Elyssaria as a pally)

I’d like more hair options as well, a better ponytail would be desired.

More vine type options as well!

Make the males more like the Druids of the claw, not the talon!

3 Likes

BLIZZARD GIVE US THE BLUE NIGHT WARRIOR EYES BACK D: D:

… AND THE STARRY GLOW IN THE BLACK EYES TOO THAT WAS ON THE PTR

Also, can you make Night elf hands and feet smaller and delicate? I know this one will take some effort but Night elf limbs have been low pixels and too thick since practically Vanilla. There is no real reason why their hands and feet should look so…thick.

6 Likes

Amazing job with this thread! Would love to have all of this for my night elves, but if we get Tyrande’s tattoos and narrow eyes back, i will be happy.

4 Likes

Big fan of this thread. I’d also like to see ripped off ears or more battle scars. In RP, all of my night elves were in the Battle for Azeroth war for Teldrassil and I’d like them to carry the scars with them aside from the burn mark.

4 Likes

These look so cool omggg especially the narrow eyes and the hair

2 Likes

Tattoo options for both the face and body would be a welcome change.

4 Likes

That highborne night elf looks great!

1 Like

Silver lattice body jewelry to match the motif of their armor. Upper arm “guards” and calf/thigh bands!!

Eta
That mashup with the velf hair on night elves look SO GOOD. Another reason why hair shouldn’t be race locked dangnabbit.

4 Likes