San’layn/vampyr Elf ALLIED RACE Coagulated Megathread of Ideas{Re-VAMPed}

Yep, the person did a great job on it.
Makes me wanna see what other mogs people have shared.

4 Likes

Came across an art piece on DeviantArt of a male vampire knight I wanted to share for San’layn inspiration. It was created by Tira-Owl and was uploaded to the website on June 5th, 2017.

“Vampire Knight” by Tira-Owl on DeviantArt

I’ve started to hunt for vampire artwork of various classes. I figured that would help to show off how San’layn could look for various classes classes and inspire transmogs for them also.

I’ll be gradually hunting for and sharing more art pieces as I come across them. :man_vampire:

–78 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

–Still dreaming of playable Horde San’layn as a full race! :wine_glass::bat:

2 Likes

Imgur
San’Layn - by NastanianArt

6 Likes

Do you have an updated list or is this one current? I can’t find a thread for Vrykul or Satyr.

That list of megathreads is a little outdated since the OP has stopped playing WoW. A few of the other megathreads have updated lists, such as mine (Saurok, Stonemaul Ogres) at the bottom.

As for Vrykul and Satyr megathreads, I have yet to see megathreads for either, and a lot of us have been here since BfA was announced, so I don’t think there has ever been one for either. If they ever get made, we’ll be sure to add them to our megathread lists.

–73 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

5 Likes

There hasn’t been one for either with any seriousness for a long long time unfortunately.

Here is my extended list. I believe they’re mostly all the most recent versions of those threads.

Several Other Threads Of Note

A Compilation of Customization threads - By Benhart

Ankoan and Jinyu Thread - By Rorrand

Arakkoa Thread - By Lore

Big Blood Elf Customization Thread - By Veras (Zandrae)

Blood Elf Customization Thread (Glory of the Sin’dorei) - By Kyuu (Fenelon)

Broken/Krokul Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Covenant Races Thread - By Emerril

Customization Suggestions Megathread - By Drede

Dark Iron and Mag’har customization Thread - By Grymes

Dark Ranger Thread - By Balesong

Drakonid Thread - By Keldar

Dragonmaw Orcs and Wildhammer Dwarves - By Keldar

Eldritch Knight/Void Knight Concept - By Greatbrae

Ethereal Thread - By Lore

Forsaken Customization Thread - By Baalsamael

Forsaken and LFD Model Toggle Thread - By Greatbrae

Forest Troll AR thread - By Zurogrusel

Furbolg Discussion Thread - By Fenelon

Goblin customization! - By Hendry

Human Customization Thread - By Anansi

Kelfin/Gilgoblin Thread - By Ruff

Kul’tiran and Zandalari Customization - By Kyzendra

Kul’tiran Love & Customization Thread - By Morbann (Fenelon)

LFD and Draenei customization - By Averyx

Man’ari Eredar more customizations - By Mianyaue

Mechagnome Customization - By Coaxial (Fenelon)

Mok’nathal Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Nathanos Style Forsaken - By Fallyn

Nightborne Customization Thread - By Ellinia

Ogre Thread - By Bagzak

Big Orc Customization Thread - By Zurogrusel

Rajani Allied Race Thread - By Mianyaue

Saberon Thread - By Lore

San’layn Thread - By Fallyn

Saurok Thread - By Bagzak

Sethrak Thread - By Nadezhdha

Taunka Thread - By Zitga

Tinker Megathread - by Tausnor

Tuskarr Playable Race Megathread - by Jorreno

Tuskarr Playable Race Discussion Thread - by Mianyaue

Void Elf Customization Thread (Ascension of the Ren’dorei) - By Fenelon

Vrykul Discussion Thread - By Mianyaue

Vulpera Customization Thread - By Fokoru

Warlock Stables Customization - By Baalsamael

Worgen Customization Megathread - By Keori

Worgen Tails Thread - By Caelus

(Like with Bagzak’s threads you can find my lists on either my Blood Elf, Void Elf, Mechagnome or Kul’Tiran threads.)

7 Likes

With the new season of blood trailer for Diablo 4 all I can say is pls give San’layn Blizz.

5 Likes

Don’t forget the Furbolg megathread! :polar_bear::honey_pot::bear:

And as mentioned before, there seems to be a lot of vampiric themes in Diablo games lately, with the newest Diablo IV trailer recently shown having some more vampiric themes. :man_vampire:

:warning: Viewer discretion is advised for the following video due to blood and violence:

Gosh…if only there was some way to capitalize on the popularity of vampires in WoW like in Diablo. Like…if there was a race of vampires in the game, probably Blood Elves that have rich lore to work and build on. Maybe something previously offered to join the Horde and would go well as a contrast and supplement to zombie humans, and maybe even getting a seat on the Undercity and Horde Councils. Man…if only such a thing existed. Would make for a totally awesome playable Horde race that’d be incredibly popular. If only… :wink:

–73 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!–

5 Likes

I hadn’t fixed that one’s list yet so I didn’t include it. Was literally fixing it today.

Then… As you know… The entire Furbolg thread broke a bit. Lol

2 Likes

I can update that post with anything else next time I post, I pop in once every one or two months now to show support and all given they are adding stuff in (though I still rarely actually play).

Also yeah I saw the Diablo 4 thing and was going to take a break for the season because meh but the whole vampire theme and doubtless vampire cosmetics coming along with it? I can’t resist.

If there’s a hunger for vampires, Blizzard always has the option to add actual San’layn for Halloween.

I play Balder’s Gate 3 now and should create some San’layn concepts, they have the exact eyes I had been talking about and everything.

9 Likes

These bats are announcing that it is a new month and that it is the perfect time to submit in-game feedback on the races we want to see playable, including Horde San’layn!

With the beginning of each month, I make in-game suggestions for each race I want to see playable along with a mention of their respective megathreads on these forums. While it is far from a guarantee of seeing our dreams come true, I do think every little bit helps, and doing it monthly I feel is reasonable and not that intrusive or annoying.

If you’re interested in doing the same for races you want to see playable, I made a little guide on how to do so in-game here:

I still have hope for playable Horde San’layn someday. Preferably as their own race, even if the odds seem higher for them as a Customization Race. :man_vampire:

—61 Days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

3 Likes

So the Dragonflight road map got updated recently, with the next patch having “Blood Elf Customizations” listed:

Image comes from here:

Now, I don’t want to give my hopes up, as this could very well just be regular customizations for Blood Elves. Maybe some new hairstyles with nail polish and toe rings or something for all we know. However, I did want to speculate just for fun.

However, part of me wonders if this could involve expanding and fixing the Darkfallen customization options, since they are part of Blood Elves and could use some fixing with problems several of us have addressed. Likely this is wishful thinking, but with Halloween coming out and Man’ari becoming a customization race, it’d be a pretty good time for San’layn customizations to come with them officially joining the Horde, in addition to fixing the general problems with the Darkfallen customization options.

Something to note is that where on the road map we’d get Man’ari, it just says “New Customizations - Draenei” as opposed to “Man’ari customizations for Draenei…yes, really” on there. Just an interesting observation, so I can’t really say much regarding that for Blood Elves.

I mean, if Man’ari of all beings can perform a huge face turn and go through a redemption arc to become part of the Alliance, I feel like a good counterpart for it would be San’layn. After all, there were still plenty of Horde aligned San’layn from BfA that survived and there is a treasure trove of backstory to work with them being playable, as well as being former Kael’thas loyalists that could get accepted back into the fold. I mean, it couldn’t be as bad as letting demonic red Draenei loose in Alliance cities unattended, could it?

While fitting for Halloween, this all is just wishful thinking. Not to mention that if San’layn were a customization race, there is the question of it would get added to Void and Night Elves possibly.

Anyway, I figured I’d mention it just in case. I’m keeping expectations tempered and low. Though as I said, would be great to finally see San’layn join the Horde, even if it’d be just as customization options. Especially with Halloween coming up fast. :jack_o_lantern::man_vampire:

If something comes out of it, I’ll be sure to report here. But as I said, keep expectations low, as it likely would just be Blood Elf stuff and not anything to do with Darkfallen and/or San’layn. Still, a part of me keeps a bit of hope… :vampire:

—57 Days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

6 Likes

So it looks like an old world (of Warcraft!) revamp or update is a possibility, though no timeframe on when it could occur:

In terms of San’layn, the biggest chance of seeing them in an old world (of Warcraft!) revamp/update would be in the Ghostlands. Some of the ideas presented in this megathread would involve the San’layn taking residence in Deatholme, which one apparently did…well, before they went evil and we had to blow them up.

As we’ve discussed before, the Ghostlands is a fitting place for San’layn, given that they would be next to Silvermoon, in order to help defend the area and such. And we know that there were still some Horde-aligned San’layn from BfA that survived, so that could also come into play with their storyline.

And of course, this is me hoping that the San’layn would be their own race as opposed to a customization race. And while San’layn presence in the Ghostlands would be low in a revamp/update, it’s still something to keep in mind for when it actually happens…which again, we don’t know when it will.

Still, when an old world (of Warcraft!) revamp does happen, I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for San’layn related stuff to help report on! :man_vampire:

Also, I’m at three posts in a row again, which prevents me from making more posts in a thread I didn’t make until someone else posts, so if I could ask something to make a post here so I can continue to make posts in the future, I would very much appreciate it!

—56 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

5 Likes

I absolutely support this concept. This would stem the tide of “wild” Scourge and give the San’layn a home near their ancestral land where they can begin anew and start to deal with what Arthas did to them. Meanwhile the scar can start getting healed by new Blood Elf druids, Shamans and the Blood Knights.

5 Likes

Following up on this, it was the 4 pastel hair colors that Humans/Orcs got.

Though there is still hope we could get something more.

Though, the timing with Man’ari make me think Felblood options are the most likely. But that’s far from a curtanty.

That would be pretty cool and make the most sense.

Assuming the world revamp isn’t Azeroth doesn’t hatching like an egg and we have to survive on the chunks.

3 Likes

Did the Man’ari unlock questline and got some interesting vibes from it that could apply to San’layn. Questline is here:

Granted, San’layn were in a different situation than Man’ari. They fell following Kael’thas and then were forced into servitude of the Lich King with some pretty crappy health insurance and benefits.

Still, the fact that Man’ari are doing a face turn and getting forgiven makes me feel like the Blood Elves could accept the San’layn back into the fold. I mean, right now, the San’layn are still looked down upon, as from that questline where we had to blow up one that took over Deatholme unfortunately.

Despite that, there are still several San’layn that survived in BfA that went off to…work on their finances and learn how to dance or something, but there are still several Horde aligned San’layn still out there.

And as stated before, it wasn’t the San’layn’s fault they got into the situation they were in. I mean, a lot of Blood Elves trusted and followed Kael’thas back then, and it’s not exactly fair they got cursed in such a state without any equivalent of nicotine patches to help their addiction to blood and such.

I still think there is a good story to have the San’layn show they’re not evil with the depth of a spit blob on the pavement. If the Draenei can see the true meaning of Winter Veil, I don’t see why the Blood Elves can’t see the San’layn as some of their own. If Man’ari can do a face turn, why wouldn’t San’layn be able to be written as such?

Let them settle in Deatholm to help protect Silvermoon against the Scourge and any other threats in the area. Several possibilities there, even if you have an event like the pre-Cataclysm expansion events that lead to the Trolls and Gnomes taking over their homes again…well, the Gnomes somewhat doing that anyway.

Something else also interesting was that there was a bit at the end of the Man’ari unlock questline that has people speculating that we could see the Broken again in the future, with the usual speculation of them being playable. Wouldn’t that be a pretty neat playable race to go with San’layn? Sort of a twisted Burning Crusade callback in a way with two races that got cursed in a sense. And this way, they could both be their own races with their own identity, racials, and such. Much better than Blood Elves and Draenei cosplaying and LARPing as them, in my own opinion.

I know I’ve harped on the San’layn being more than they have been shown currently, but I still feel it’s important to keep at it. Even if they would end up as a customization race, which I guess is better than nothing. I’m sure I’ll continue to sound like a broken record, as I want to keep going with playable Horde San’layn support.

Ah well, a Darkspear Troll can dream…a Darkspear Troll can dream…

—52 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

7 Likes

Wanted to wish everyone a happy Autumn, since it has officially started awhile ago! :fallen_leaf:

October is coming up pretty fast, and with Halloween also coming up and being one of my favorite holidays, I’m wanting to do some extra posting for Horde San’layn stuff. Even if it seems like they would be a customization race at best, which is unfortunate, I’d still want to see them officially part of the Horde, introduce their lore before and after becoming San’layn, and storyline potential explored in-game. Frankly, there is quite a lot of it to just ignore it and keep them as generic quest jobbers and loot piñatas.

Speaking of story stuff, some news popped up regarding Chris Metzen recently:

I honestly don’t know if this helps San’layn at all, but I don’t see it hindering chances either. All we can do is keep at it with the playable Horde San’layn support as best as we can.

Anyway, I’ll see if I can make some fun posts during October. I might even take some screenshots with my “San’layn” character also. Just wish his hair wouldn’t go through the back of his helm transmog. I hate using quotes around San’layn like that, but it’s how I feel with how lackluster the treatment customization races have gotten. Still hoping for the best for playable Horde San’layn, of course. :jack_o_lantern: :man_vampire:

—38 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

5 Likes

Beat me to it :stuck_out_tongue: According to a friend of mine (I don’t have a source, this is just word by mouth, so you know. Grain of salt) Metzen wanted the San’layn to have more of a role in the game. In a good way. And be a help against the scourge. Which would make a ton of sense given San’layn know the scourge well, are incredibly smart, and can make their own decisions.

We also know they’re looking for a home (and had been looking for one in the Horde) since BfA.

I hope San’layn stop getting the villain bat and start getting treated more like Death Knights. The scourge is, as far as I know, still active. They could potentially be a threat again, who knows. And San’layn could help with that.

I do keep seeing vampires popping up more and more as a hot topic (pun not initially intended but now intended). I hope we get more vampire lore in general, and what was revealed in Legion expanded too. Clearly they’re popular. We’ve been trying for many years now so hey. Never know what may be ahead of us.

Alls I know is that if Man’ari can be accepted into the Alliance and given lore as to why, I’m hoping the San’layn are accepted into the Horde/neutral with story too, or even better, a fully fleshed playable race. Longshot, but never know.

Again, there are so many ways to make them very distinct, outlined in the first post.

10 Likes

If true, that is a pretty good sign that we could see them fleshed out more and maybe even become playable in some fashion, which I will admit is still a bit of wishful thinking. Moreso whenever the old world (of Warcraft!) revamp ever becomes a thing, since that would work well with an updated Ghostlands, Eversong Forest, and Silvermoon. Another chance for a neat event like the Cataclysm pre-expansion events too.

That said, I’m still tempering expectations, but I do feel inspired to keep at it with the playable Horde San’layn support. It’s about time I make some updated posts about them with a more current look as well.

I still say Deatholme is the perfect place for them. They can help keep the Scourge in the area in check, the area suits them perfectly, and they’re right by Silvermoon to help defend it as needed.

A lot of vampire stuff has been popping up in various media. Even in several Activision games, like Diablo Immortal and Call of Duty, have had vampire stuff in it. Really wish WoW would get its turn with playable Horde San’layn, especially with it making for a fun Halloween event.

Several playable races were once entirely bad guy mooks with the depth of a raindrop on concrete. Even several NPC races have either had pretty big face turns, like the Rajani Mogu, or fleshed out to be even more than being brainless mooks, like the Gilgoblins with the Kelfin. I see no reason why San’layn would remain an outlier in that. Especially with how Man’ari were before.

—38 days until Blizzcon starts (Nov. 3rd)!—

6 Likes

So gordamn excited Chris Metzenis going to have creative control! I hope this goes back to a Warcraft thats a little more lore consistent.

!!!

Oh I hope so!!!

6 Likes