Gnome/Mechagnome customization options

Oh god…

No, please no.

This is a great idea!

You’ve never known terror until you’ve seen a bald clean-shaven gnome smiling at you.

1 Like

That is both horrifying and hilarious, I’m for it.

Feeling like there’s a problem of some sorts.

Thank you! It seems like the most no brainer of custom choices for them!

Exactly my point! They rarely look like they’re in the right headspace for the situation. Something about the world-ending threats popping up every year makes them look a little too complacent.

I just want to look like an ulduarian mecha-gnome or primal gnomes so to speak.

1 Like

THIS! i don’t understand why MechaGnomes don’t have the hair and color customization of the normal gnomes, in the end, are we not gnomes? ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

1 Like

Half the characters I play are Mechagnomes.

Agree to all your suggestions.

Particularly the following -

We had 8 colours to paint our Mechanocat and they really pop.

You’ve shown us that good metal colour-combos exist, please let us have this diversity of choice on our mechagnomes!

If there’s something that could be implemented from this thread I’d put this at first prio.

2 Likes

Hey! I can bump this and its not against TOS!

one thing that bothers me about Mechagnomes specifically (besides the limited mog options) is the size of their mechanical limbs.

They should be about 20% larger. Right now they look bone-sized, like they had those instead of bones and the flesh got stripped away, and they should be more like augmentations, which I have to imagine would be larger.

1 Like

I dunno…I just look at Mechagnomes on the character creation screen and think……what class would ever work for you?

My answer is always “Tinker”….so yeah…stuck.

This is the only reason I only leveled one mechagnome priest. They need an actual transmogable setup like all the other races. Let the player choose how to expose the metal parts. The limits on mechagnomes make them unattractive to me.

2 Likes

What they need is a few more options to have some size variance to match how the armours tend to look these days.
Plate armour for example is thick and bulky, it already occasionally looks ridiculous on a Gnome in such a way that they don’t even look like they should be able to move. But it looks extra silly when you see only half of that bulk on a mechagnome running around on these really skinny mechano legs.

The answer is Monk. Specifically with Clamp hands.
Because if there was ever a race designed entirely around the pure delight of punching people in the crotch, this is unmatched.

4 Likes

I want my Mechagon to have LED light kits as an option.

Full Ulduarian gnome form or bust.

1 Like

I’d still like to see more customization for Mechagnomes. Having the choice to do just Arm(s) or just Leg(s) would be a good addition. If they looked more like mimron did vs w.e we got too that would also help. They feel very much rushed and or incomplete and I hope they are revisited.

3 Likes

The funny thing is they were revisited, right before 9.1 of Shadowlands. They had stuff like a unique swimming animation added. And its a fantastic animation, their hands turn into propellers and everything.
It’s actually really enjoyable watching them in action, they’re easily the most animated race in the game. But they badly need something more to their look to draw more people in to giving them a go.

I would not be upset if they had a man’ari style questline to unlock leper gnome green skin options. Add in nasty boils and nasty skin and you got yourself a fun little leper to play as.

With Druids and shamans becoming a future class options they could also add tattoos or war paint to give that tribal Sand Gnome look to them. Maybe paler skin too.

1 Like

I know it’s not customisation, but mechagnomes really need the other tints of heritage armour badly, if they haven’t already because they are so limited and it’s so jarring having silver with the gold armour. I really agree with other posts you’ve made op but the heritage armour needs to be added as a bare minimum start.

2 Likes

Blizz really should have just added all the cyborg options to regular Gnomes as unlockable customizations. If I could have this glorious handlebar mustache and sideburns on a Mechagnome, I’d probably roll one.

1 Like

The most dangerous of individuals are the ones who can smile during combat.

surprised this post didn’t mention the severe lack of mecha-gnome facial detail separation and expansion.

imo with mecha-gnomes, the options given to the face are extremely limiting, since one 4 options give you your normal eyes.

jaw/mouth parts, ears, eyes etc all need to have separate sections to customize them individually, it just makes sense given the amount of options already but they are limited right now.
then expand on that would tubes going into the neck as a “rebreather” type of upgrade or full mouth covering with a microphone on the mouth, something.

also they need gnome hairstyles, no reason they can’t have them

Hey guys, there’s actually a megathread for more Mechagnome customizations. Feast your eyes here and keep it alive.

2 Likes