Blizzard please keep classic comp

“4 DPS Sometimes isn’t that bad.”
I have never won a single game with 4 DPS.
Only 2 is fine.

Yes and that is your experience, my experience playing this game mode with my friends is fantastic - we have a blast switching roles mid game to play to our strengths…you know, how the game was originally designed to be played.

3 Likes

Sounds like a good idea to me. We can keep the OLD COMP as a new Arcade mode.

If you were playing in a group with 4 or more and your games were not one sided one way or the other, I am going to call you a liar. For the first couple years of this games existence I was not great at it so I played with other people and ALL of the games that were 4 or more were one sided either in our favor, usually, or we got stomped. The SRs were not close and the games were a stomp because of the rules of the matchmaker. Those rules are the reason they made several changes later on because reality said those games were a stomp.

The game was also designed with the idea that the best comp would not be 2/2/2 but that happened. They thought the game comps would be 1 healer 1 tank 4 DPS but that is not what ended up happening. There are a great many things about this game that did not play out the way the game was originally designed and all of those were for the best.

I know people have a tendency to romanticize the past, but the notion that the game quality is not provably higher is 2/2/2 is not romanticizing its denying the reality of the present. If there are people who would rather play that mode then that is fine by me because those are likely the same people who deluded themselves into thinking they were much better at other roles than they actually were.

2 Likes

I personally think it’d be far better if both role-less and 222 modes (qp and comp) existed side by side as equals on the main game selection menu

2 Likes

glad you’re enjoying it. we’re discussing the future of the mode right now.

it’s interesting to see what regions and platforms are responding to the different modes in the game.

i know you all enjoy stats so have fun theorycrafting with this chart (keep in mind this is just data from one day):

156 Likes

Well I hope you consider it

Also where is total mayhem my guy

4 Likes

not in the arcade when these stats were pulled

48 Likes

i know you all enjoy stats so have fun theorycrafting with this chart (keep in mind this is just data from one day):

Hello from KR region.
So all my forum battles with NA players… simply because we play 2 different games? :thinking:

4 Likes

Nintendo seems to love the workshop. Wonder what that’s about?

1 Like

Switch has the highest average and it’s in Quick Play
Hahahahahaha I can’t say I’m surprised.
Other consoles have Arcade Comp in top 3
They know what’s up. Step up, PCbros. Keep Arcade Comp.

6 Likes

Oh sorry,

I was asking about it being playable…

It just kinda disappeared since echo came

I understand that there is a lot of modes, but for it being the 2nd most popular mode(from that survey from awhile back, which btw I think we should do another one) at least it could stay as every other day…

(not trying to sound rude)

Talk about a popular arcade mode

Also very interesting to note how internally Switch is still called NX
wonder how many other games do that

2 Likes

i’m deciding to torb one-trick in it (man is torb good this patch) and it’s pretty nice to have a casual variant of the mode because i like how the objective dynamics (where the payload is halted) can dramatically change your approach

of course there are games where people rage at my pick when i’m absolutely not the problem, but you can’t really do anything about people being bad

1 Like

Man all the people who said QP was the main, most played game mode have been blown out of the water.

4 Likes

Whilst you’re showing us some statistics, could you show us hero pickrates per rank? You showed us this a long time ago and it would be nice to see updated statistics.

2 Likes

This is really cool to see!! I find it particularly interesting how the Workshop and Mystery Heroes varies, and both Quickplays being about the same on KR. I’d be really curious to see stats from more than just a day.

I thought it would be too. He did say he pulled it from a day, but I wonder when, as it could have been at the start or end of a season or recently with echo included, or if this is typical.

Is there any plans to make it without the official hero pool rotation?

2 Likes

Give them time to tune Echo for it.