Remove Role Queue from Base quick play

why would you say that? because there would obviously be less tanks in QPC? or is it something else that you want to share?

No, I mean Arcade and outside of Arcade. If both are exactly the same, then there would be no point in having both of them because it qould be redundant

1 Like

This thread has become silly.
Yes they ‘could’ add the Original QP to the same tab like they do with comp.
That said, Let’s not pretend that just because one is in arcade that it’s not the SAME QP it always was.

1 Like

I know a lot of people here are giving OP a hard time… but in fairness, if comp is split into both role queue and open queue, it’s honestly a bit unclear to me why QP isn’t split the same way. Why place QPC under arcade?

I do agree they could and maybe should do it. But OP making out that just because one is in arcade that it is hugely different?

Also it’s a nice thing to get weekly arcade wins on if honest.

From a technical standpoint, it’s the same mode. Functionally identical.

However one argument that I’ve heard, which I think does have a grain of truth to it, is that being in arcade does change the perception of the mode. We all know how much people always say “It’s just quick play,” and that mentality is often amplified in arcade modes.

Is it true? Well, anecdotally from the rounds of QPC I’ve played, it’s felt mostly the same… but I dont play it a lot these days so my sample size is fairly low (coupled with of course a hazy/inaccurate memories of QP matches in the past). I also dont have access to the statistics that would be needed to prove or disprove such an idea, so I guess at best I’d say such a claim is plausible, but unproven.

2 Likes

I do kinds understand the psychology of that with it being in Arcade. It does feel bit second class. BUT, 222 was what they wanted for the game and and as compromise they left original available. Isn’t it better it’s at least still available?

Dps were kinda lucky to get Open Queue comp to be honest.
If they hadn’t they never would have seen both options available in Main menu.

That said I still don’t see why they cannot just add it to main menu like they do with comp.

2 Likes

Yes

You just contradicted urself

1 Like

How is QPC not Pre222?

Agreed. There’s really no reason for Quick Play Classic to not be placed right next to the default QP, but not because there’s any difference between said game mode and pre - 2/2/2 role - lock QP, but for the sake of consistency and for an extra Arcade slot to be freed as a result.

And you get 3 lootboxes for 9 wins each week, for free.

2 Likes

No, Quick Play is for learning the ropes before you go into Competitive.

So long as there’s Role Queue Competitive, there needs to be Role Queue Quick Play.

I used to be a quick play classic enthusiast until I started playing Pharah about a week ago and getting hard countered by quadruple hitscan, DVA, and Baptiste anytime I got a few kills. My role queue games have gone much better because that’s not possible. I’m now willing to wait 3 minutes for a good quality game compared to 30 seconds for absolute garbage.

3 Likes

Here you go! Blizzard please keep classic comp - #52 by JeffreyKaplan Stats from Jeff himself, so even though it is slightly dated, it’s quite valid! So to quote that other person, it does seem like a majority of us

Can you please answer my question now?

1 Like

I only see 4+ dps in roughly one in every twelve matches in role-less queue mode

Plenty of tank and/or support mains like myself are choosing role-less queue

1 Like

This data does not support the claim that was made

This is valid data if the question is “what percentage of players by region played what game modes on a single day while Role-less queue competitive was brand new and not available as a side by side equal with 222 competitive?”

But that’s not the question here

This data is for one day only.

One day.

The allegedly “less popular” mode had only existed for a day or so on said single day, with many players unaware of its very existence

The allegedly “less popular” mode was made available on a sub menu rather than the main game selection screen

Finally, this data measures usage, not popularity.

Popularity <> Usage

1 Like

What does competitive has what quick play doesn’t.

Is the answer.

Haven’t seen a reach this good since Halo

2 Likes

Nice one

that said, there is no reaching here; rather, simple facts and analysis thereof

I have a better idea. Try to play QP with a comp mindset instead of with a thrower’s mindset.

1 Like