Stop wasting resources on FFA

You linked me nothing that shows it’s a waste of resources.

If only 3% of people play FFA, and 70% play the main game, I fail to gleam anything else.

3% of 10 million is 300,000 people. If we assume half are alts 150,000. That’s a lot of people.

1 Like

Added a link showing that FFA is 3% of OW matches to the original post. Saying its popular is wildly inaccurate.

Thinking that data is accurate a year later is big yikes

Also I pointed out the flaw in your reasoning earlier

1 Like

Jeff literally said that it’s not reliable data due to such a small sample size lmao

1 Like

Like I said. People who don’t know statistics just find a number they agree with and run with it.

2 Likes

Its a full day, you think it would be drastically different one day to the next?

You’re arguing against statistics yet have nothing to back up your claims, apparently evidence is dead in today’s world.

3 Likes

I feel your pain Kongajinken,

But then I remind myself that there are TONS of people who enjoy they hell out of those modes, and since it’s part of the game, albeit one as a Mercy player I can’t enjoy, I think it’s cool that it’s out there for others, as it keeps the overall game healthy.

I wish there were some more team maps to play through (I love 2CP, Payload, KOTH), but I can’t begrudge others for getting a cool toy. I’m just jealous is all. =)

Take solace in the face that we will, one day, have “Push” maps to learn and have fun with, as well as PVE content. All of which I am looking forward to healing. Heroes never die.

If I recall Jeff said they hired someone just for these maps. Blizzard could have not hired the person and you wouldn’t have this map and nothing else new added as well.

Black Forest, Castillo and Necropolis all reuse content from their main map with little extra models being made for them.

Probably because you are spouting nonsense? None of those maps are exclusive to one mode. They are used in a variety of arcade game modes and used in custom games as well. Just because you don’t play those modes, doesn’t mean they aren’t popular.

Due to quicker matches I can almost guarantee you that Arcade players see their maps more often on repeat than QP players.

Where do you get those statistics from and have you taken in account all the other modes that use the same maps?

2 Likes

Would rather they convert that person into making real maps, why have someone on the pay roll to make maps for such a minority of the population.

It’s literally in the OP right under what you quoted.

Why not? The content is still being used.

1 Like

I mean, a one off measurement from several months ago is not really all that credible. With modes changing weekly, you’d need a data sample over several weeks to have any meaningful data.
The devs have that data and rotate the arcade modes accordingly, leaving the most popular in or making them available more often.
They know where resources are wasted and where to put more work into.

2 Likes

Because they changed their minds and now want it more individual focused. A mistake imo but they did change their philosophy regardless

This is feels like a very petty complain.

4 Likes

All the maps they did this for are infinitely inferior to chateau guillard, which was designed for the mode.

Not to mention you’re putting misinformation out there, Castillo, necropolis and black forest are made for 3v3 and can’t be played in FFA.
There’s 3 for 3v3, and now there’s 3 for ffa.

I don’t count the ones where they cut off a part of a map, they know these are inferior, hence why they still have a day of every original FFA map in the rotation, then one for every map and one for mystery heroes.

Just because you don’t like a mode doesn’t mean it should get no content.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ll bet more people play ffa on a chateau guillard only day vs a petra day, and even fewer would play on mystery ffa day from the usual FFA population

5 Likes

I’m not arguing against statistics. You’re using a faulty statistic based on limited data from nearly a year ago, and you tell me that evidence is dead? You’ve already been shown how your statistic is anything but reliable, but you stand by it and attack me for arguing against it?

You’re joking right? Do you even have any training in stats?

Your data set has been shown to be completely inadequate and outdated, so sorry you can’t use that to justify your arrogant selfishness.

I’m not a data scientist, but I know enough math to know that you are grasping at straws. Just admit you are self centered. It’ll be easier.

Maybe one day you’ll learn how to argue instead of name calling. In case you didn’t know saying someone is a dumb dumb doesn’t make you sound smart nor help your argument.

1 Like