Who primarily plays QP or COMP?

Mostly QP and some Arcade. I play ranked only the number of matches needed to get ranked (25 total), even though I actually like the ruleset with swapping sides more but its more Stressfull.

QP because of stack limitations and losing all interest in comp way back in the day when I realized the fundamental issues that it had that they managed to only fix once a handful of other crushing fundamental issues rose up in it with the dwindling playerbase

1 Like

What and the other 60% of the playerbase just looks at the start-screen? ahahhah

7 Likes

It’s the only thing left worth a damn because the community gets to play pseudo-Dev and actually make the game good.

1 Like

Where did the rest 60% go?

2 Likes

I mostly play arcade or LFG 6 stack QP

Mostly QP, sometimes COMP untill I come across toxic peoples then Im done with COMP for awhile.

1 Like

I play comp almost exclusively. The only difference in how I play is that I won’t test new heroes in comp. Its not stressful for me bc if someone’s toxic I usually think its funny. The only difference for me is I care a little more and get points for it

I’d love to get back into comp at some point, but I would need to dedicate a good amount of time doing warm-up exercises and everything like that, which I don’t have at this moment. I want to be on my A game if I were to play that mode.

I’m more of a TDM guy, but DM is fun. My go-to FFA characters historically were Pharah and Soldier, but I’ve been playing as Ana lately for that extra challenge and now she has surpassed Soldier as my 2nd most played character.

On a different note, I’d love to see Freezethaw mode make it to the regular arcade lineup. It’s 4v4 elimination mode, but you could revive dead teammates.

1 Like

They play other modes and customs. Google statistics if you want, these numbers are not from the sky/

I never touch Comp. It’s either MH’s or QP.

Comp matches take too long unless it’s KOTH.

Honestly Quick Play is the gamemode I spend 90% of my game time on tbh

2 Likes

I only play mystery heroes and quickplay classic

QP, mostly. I like the freedom to leave any 2CP maps the game tries to throw me into.

1 Like

Here is official representation of popularity for different ow game modes (QP ARCADES COMP) from Kaplan (2020)

I’ve been done with competitive mode since they released role queue. It made QP actually playable for the most part. At least you don’t know who will win based on hero picks before the match starts.

People in competitive mode take the game way too seriously which is anti-fun.

You just know it’s comp. People always saying how it’s the “serious” gamemode and QP is “the mode where you throw”. I take QP over comp any day of the week, since in QP at least you can get a backfill instead of being forced to play a 6v5.

Neither. I play mostly Arcade, specifically QPC or TDM. When I just want to switch brain off and vibe to music, then it’s VS AI or custom games.

1 Like

I used to play exclusively competitive, during the 1st two years of OW.
After that, I barely play competitive & I primarily play QP, Arcade, & Custom Games.
Mainly Lucio Surfing & Widow free-for-all.

After role-queue was implemented, the queue times for every role was increased to some extent, making me play the game less than before & almost no competitive mode, too.
The queue times are a literal time waster.

Exclusively QP player with sprinkle of Arcade when I need boxes (or when there used to be fun events), I got no time for comp at the state it’s in.