Make Brigitte Fun Again

I understand why brig came into this game in such a strong state but no matter how much you nerf her the only way to make her fun to play with as and against is if they
remove whip (doesn’t have to be but I would just say this)
buff everything else
the problem is you gave her too much stuff
so something has to go
armor packs are good enough their already long range healing for a brawl hero.
if you remove whip that is 1 less CC in the game
she still can keep bash but she can have a stronger shield, stun, insp, hp etc
seccondly. don’t let her give people armor
I don’t care how long that lasts armor in its nature is broken
as a tank player I will say it
my 2 ideas for rally is either constant insp with buffing brig kind of making her a raid boss
or
she makes cooldowns shorter
I see how the seccond could break the game though

I personally like playing Brigitte as a DPS player, because she’s great for unrelenting aggression and every person you beat down gets mad salty in chat. It’s better than any WYKKYD SYKK flying hook headshot kill from a Widow player, because the salt is just baked into picking her in the first place. :relieved:

As an actual Brig main, I’d rather them remove RP or Stun over Whip, which is currently one of the only rewarding parts of her kit that requires skill.

RP is boring. Take away peel and make Brig frontline again and I’ll be happy.

1 Like

the problem with whip is inspire is REALLY good healing
it is some of the best in the game
Whip is a Ranged CC that triggers inspire
you keep landing whips you keep giving your team insane healing
and while yes it does

you can constantly whip tanks with big hitboxes for easy healing
Armor packs on the other hand are powerful yea but removing that still leaves a hero loaded with CC strong healing a shield and armor giving ult <–something you cannot balance
I understand why it was given to her (tracer) but as I said armor in itself is broken since it has breakpoints
(I am a tank player I admit that armor is broken)

Yet, if her RP and Stun were altered or changed and if Brigitte didn’t have her peel potential, then that’s fine. Lucio also does a ton of healing if everyone is grouped.
But without her peel and just being tanky, she’ll still have huge weaknesses.

And besides all of that, it doesn’t change the point of my post. BRIG ISN’T FUN ANYMORE! Brig mains want to be a brawler again. End of story.

Well, as a standard basis, let’s go with the assumption that roughly half the players of the game don’t play Comp.

Tbh, that number is probably smaller for Comp by a lot, but let’s go with that.

Blizzard please keep classic comp - #52 by JeffreyKaplan

So take the below numbers, and cut them by half.

Here’s one of the earlier statements by Jeff
Competitive Mode Tier Distribution

Puts Masters+GM at about 4% of the Competitive playerbase.
A more recent estimate put it at 8%.
Overwatch Competitive Rank Distribution: PC and Console - Updated Monthly | Esports Tales

But like said, cut that by half so more like 2% or 4% of total players.

Then we take the amount of Brig players in those skill tiers.

Then throw in that “AntiDive” focused Brig represents about a generous 3% of all Masters/GM players. (Although probably smaller if you factor in the ones who would care and not just play another healer).

Hero Statistics - Overbuff - Overwatch 2 Statistics

0.02 * 0.03 * 100 = 0.06% of players
0.04 * 0.03 * 100 = 0.12% of players

Now stack that against “Bad Queue times” or “Few Tanks that matchmaker within a wide range of SR” and “Continuously losing what few Tanks they do have”.

Which you could easily say could lose the game a bare minimum of 5% of the total players.

Brig was never actually fun, just overpowered. nothing in her kit has become less fun if not everything has become more fun

Good stats and sources. It helps knowing how little we are seeing Brig.

Just objectively wrong on every level. Like literally.

Fun is subjective. I find old brig miles more fun than stack pack brig because I find engagement and consequences more fun than auto pack bot

4 Likes

Fun to an individual is subjective.
Fun to large population groups can be objective.

Part of her fun for a lot of people was her power. So it actually does have to do with balance.

if you want this her kit would need something like the bash and whip removed
you can’t be a brawl support who also has good peel and great healing

not as much as insp
lucio healing is allot but it is spread across 6 people making it VERY slow
also lucio can either speed OR heal
Brig always is healing
and has a kit loaded with CC

??? Do you even know how Lucio healing works? it has no diminishing returns, it’s not split across players. He flat-out does more healing than inspire does if you’re within his range.

1 Like

The thing is, a ton more people find self-reliant power a lot more fun, than being a powerful component of a team-reliant composition, that otherwise has almost no power outside of that context.

1 Like

For me, it just made the tears more valuable as they don’t expect me to beat their A-word despite all the nerfs.

yes
the healing is low but if your team is grouped up he can heal everyone at once

yes it does
you can’t speed
you have to choose

inspire is more when active
whip helps keep inspire time up
Brig has a ranged CC and a Stun on top of that along with ranged healing in the form of repair packs
then to top it all off a shield
yes it has 250 hp but it still blocks shields from ball and PD if you didn’t whip him away for some reason

Lucio healing is 16 HPS. Inspire is 15 HPS.

1 Like

Yes.

But by that measure brig wouldn’t even be considered overpowered in the context of the comment I replied to as the period of her being popular is minute in comparison to her being meta

You’re comparing her ult to defensive ults, rally is obviously an offensive ult, as it gives you long lasting resistance allowing you to be more aggressive in your push.

Which goes back to not attempting to balance Brig in isolation, and to instead look forward to what sort of impact she would have if Sigma and Orisa were comparable to Rein as a SingleBarrier Tank.

If DoubleBarrier would be nearly invincible at long/medium range, then it would need a close range vulnerability.

And ideally one that isn’t deathball focused, because that either could become a lot like GOATs, or be Rein/Sigma deathball.

So that leaves Dive, as the needed counter to DoubleBarrier.

So DoubleBarrier featuring strong AntiDive becomes a big problem.